Time To Go, Hopkin - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Time To Go, Hopkin

BluebirdTon

We are a fkn laughing stock yet again. Absolutely fkn cunts the lot of them.

Fk off raes fk off hopkin fk off shite bag players n fkn happy clappers this is what you get when you constantly applaud fkn shite they continue to think its OK n serve it up again and again so keep up the gd work cunts.

I'm fed up to the back teeth with it all as well. I had us down for a dour 0-0 the day, but should've known fkn better. I pray for the day someone comes in and shakes this club up, from board room to boot room.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remove Tommy Wright's name and insert Hopkin's and that's the sort of assessment we should be getting of performances, not the buck passing 'we have a young squad' pish we were served.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50110183

Looking forward to contrasting with Hopkin’s post-match analysis, which will no doubt consist of blaming the officials for correctly awarding Arbroath a freekick and correctly disallowing a goal for offside, while failing to take responsibility for the 90 minutes of utter shite around those incidents where we had no gameplan to speak of.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I've never seen a player like Cameron Blues,

Anytime he plays we fucking lose.

Oh Hopkin, you signed Cameron Blues.....

I've never seen a player like Brian McLean,

When he's on on the park we lose again.

Oh Hopkin, you signed Brian McLean.....

I've never seen a player like Henk Van Shaik,

Who hardly kicked a ball because he was shite.

Oh Hopkin, you signed Henk Van Shaik.....

Why do BIRDS...

Why do BIRDS...

I think a Bonnie Tyler song would be more appropriate for Hopkin. After all, her real name was Gaynor Hopkin.

It could go:

Once upon a time there was shite in my life,

And now Morton are really shite on the park...

*insert signature here*

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps I’m drifting into happy clapper territory but I don’t think the league’s a complete write off yet. If we somehow managed to string 2 or 3 positive results together we’re right back in the playoff mix and things are a bit rosier. It’s becoming harder to imagine that actually occurring, but we did scrape to 5th under JJ only a few months ago, anything’s possible.

Perhaps I’m drifting into happy clapper territory but I don’t think the league’s a complete write off yet. If we somehow managed to string 2 or 3 positive results together we’re right back in the playoff mix and things are a bit rosier. It’s becoming harder to imagine that actually occurring, but we did scrape to 5th under JJ only a few months ago, anything’s possible.

Think there is no doubt we will be in the playoff mix...

Its a fighting relegation bottom half league for us again. We lose far too many goals and games to even challenge for top 4.

Arbroath have done better than everyone expected and you would imagine Partick will improve under Mccall. I'm expecting a very similar league to last season.

Hopefully Alloa don't replicate what they did last season.

Think there is no doubt we will be in the playoff mix...

Its a fighting relegation bottom half league for us again. We lose far too many goals and games to even challenge for top 4.

Arbroath have done better than everyone expected and you would imagine Partick will improve under Mccall. I'm expecting a very similar league to last season.

Hopefully Alloa don't replicate what they did last season.

Agreed. 4th place already 4 points ahead of 5th. Would be surprised if the current top 4 aren't miles ahead of the bottom 6 shitters come May.

The biggest red flag for me is that by far the closest that the team has managed to keep pressing the opposition on a consistent basis for ninety minutes - as opposed to chucking it as soon as our first goal went in last night - was when McIlhone was on the touchline against Dundee and Hopkin was in the stand. There's been no evidence of effective game management from the touchline from the latter, which reached a new low with the entire substitution clusterfuck which cost us at least a point last night.

And losing to that stupid wee tinpot rabble should automatically trigger a break clause in any Morton manager's contract while we're at it.  

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Don’t disagree but if we persevere with Hopkin then it’s a relegation fight

The biggest red flag for me is that by far the closest that the team has managed to keep pressing the opposition on a consistent basis for ninety minutes - as opposed to chucking it as soon as our first goal went in last night - was when McIlhone was on the touchline against Dundee and Hopkin was in the stand. There's been no evidence of effective game management from the touchline from the latter, which reached a new low with the entire substitution clusterfuck which cost us at least a point last night.

And losing to that stupid wee tinpot rabble should automatically trigger a break clause in any Morton manager's contract while we're at it.

There was high pressing until we scored then we sat back until they did again. Got to have been an instruction from the side.

Archived