Arbroath v Morton - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Arbroath v Morton

Ton4life

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Results elsewhere just getting worse for us now. Alloa drawing at ICT, Partick further ahead at Dens.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Relegation form confirmed.

Absolutely no one can defend this, not good enough.

Big changes needed.

Starting with the owners because they don't give a fuck whether we get relegated or not. You pay peanuts then you get the shite that is on the park. As Caddis has proven when he laughed at what he was offered.

If Johansson had overseen this start to the season the support would have been verging on unanimous on the need to sack him at this point. We are an absolute shambles.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

He had assembled a very questionable squad that screams of quantity over quality.

He clearly doesn’t know his best 11 and to have no recognised right back yet sending one out on loan is mind boggling.

I don’t think the formation he plays works for the squad, the number one jersey is a hot potato and any ball that comes into either keeper is dropped like a spud.

There is nothing there to encourage fans to return to cappielow and the doom

And gloom of the chairman is certainly not going to get fans through the door.

Same old Morton unfortunately but the club is rotten and hoppy has made a mess of the transfer window.

Why sign Salkhead if not going to play him? What was the point of Muirhead? The Dutch defender..., Orsi, guy from Motherwell on Loan.

Screams of quantity over quality or really not having a clue.

Starting with the owners because they don't give a fuck whether we get relegated or not. You pay peanuts then you get the shite that is on the park. As Caddis has proven when he laughed at what he was offered.

While you're not wrong, guys like Nesbitt, King and Cadden presumably aren't playing for free. We're still a full-time outfit and this squad should not be losing to an Arbroath side who are (we're) also in poor form.

EOho8Pw.png

No, you get shite if you play Ramsbottom and Blues ahead of the blatantly obvious, far better options available in the same squad. ‘Hoppy’ has had sufficient budget to build a squad of twenty players and yet is still wedded to his useless lovechildren - while others, like Salkeld and that ‘Livingstone’ ringer, are lost without trace.

The board and the budget are not a valid excuse for incompetence in the transfer market, team selection, tactics and coaching. All of which brought about that disgraceful performance and result today.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Relegation form confirmed.

Absolutely no one can defend this, not good enough.

Big changes needed.

Hugely disappointing. Manager working with a restricted budget, but even taking that into consideration, the team selections/performances and some of the signings have been completely baffling at times.

Simply not good enough, manager rightly under pressure, For me, I’d give it another few weeks... if we’re without a win, there has to be a change.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

For me there appears to be the same issues, moans and concerns each year regardless of who the manager may be. One example is not having a finalised squad for the opening game of season and not

Knowing best 11/formation.

There are players we have who won’t be playing for peanuts but how many midfielders/wingers has he signed? Also, McAllister is no where near good enough yet he is being given a place in midfield, centre half and wing back to ensure a place. He is not good enough.

The debt levels will rise under the Rae’s as we will lose more fans this season.

Hugely disappointing. Manager working with a restricted budget, but even taking that into consideration, the team selections/performances and some of the signings have been completely baffling at times.

Simply not good enough, manager rightly under pressure, For me, I’d give it another few weeks... if we’re without a win, there has to be a change.

Restrictive budget that has been topped up by the trust and he signs Billy King to sit

On the bench and extends Reece Lyons contract...not exactly filling the gaps in the squad such as right back and a striker.

The owners weren’t the ones who chose to throw money at Ramsbottom, Van Schaik, Livingstone, Blues, Orsi and Muirhead. Add that bonfire of £100 notes constructed entirely by Hopkin up and we could probably have afforded Cafu as well as Caddis, while seeing no negative impact on our match day squad through having none of them on the wage bill.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived