Morton vs. Dunfermline - 5/10/19 - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton vs. Dunfermline - 5/10/19

capitanus

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think anyone is fooled by the late #scenes - that was a dreadful game of football.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

First and foremost we need to play players in their actual positions.

There is definitely a player in Colville but needs to be played in the middle. Blues continuing to be a total passenger in the middle of the park and Millar struggled along due to his passing lacking any sort of composure.

McAlister had his best game in ages, and deserved that goal at the end. Sutton comes on and just causes problems constantly, it’s brilliant.

We can’t continue to be a long ball team with a McHugh upfront. Played into feet and feeding the likes of Nesbitt, Colville or Cadden is the only way we’ll be getting success with him up top.

Finally, Ramsbottom. Makes 2 really good saves and can’t hold onto that effort for their goal is just embarrassing. It’s been his trademark since arriving and that isn’t changing. We have a goalkeeping coach don’t we?! Questions needing asked.

20 quid to watch that shite today. First half we were absolutely chronic. Dunfermline weren't much better but at least the moved the ball and at least tried to play football.

I was delighted when Hopkin got the job but he's built a totally unbalanced squad. Feel sorry for nesbitt who works his arse off and tries to make things happen. McHugh is being hung out to dry when played up front by himself. He actually played well today and win a lot of flick one but got very little support.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

First and foremost we need to play players in their actual positions.

There is definitely a player in Colville but needs to be played in the middle. Blues continuing to be a total passenger in the middle of the park and Millar struggled along due to his passing lacking any sort of composure.

McAlister had his best game in ages, and deserved that goal at the end. Sutton comes on and just causes problems constantly, it’s brilliant.

We can’t continue to be a long ball team with a McHugh upfront. Played into feet and feeding the likes of Nesbitt, Colville or Cadden is the only way we’ll be getting success with him up top.

Finally, Ramsbottom. Makes 2 really good saves and can’t hold onto that effort for their goal is just embarrassing. It’s been his trademark since arriving and that isn’t changing. We have a goalkeeping coach don’t we?! Questions needing asked.

Agreed play a 3-4-3 with Lyon and colville in the middle.

Rogers

Baird

Grant

Welsh

Lyon

Jacobs/Jim

Cadden

Colville

Nesbitt

Sutton

McHugh

We need to play to our strengths and stop fitting round pegs into square holes.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

20 quid to watch that shite today. First half we were absolutely chronic. Dunfermline weren't much better but at least the moved the ball and at least tried to play football.

I was delighted when Hopkin got the job but he's built a totally unbalanced squad. Feel sorry for nesbitt who works his arse off and tries to make things happen. McHugh is being hung out to dry when played up front by himself. He actually played well today and win a lot of flick one but got very little support.

Totally agree, that was as poor a game of football in terms of quality that I’ve seen in a long long time. This constant long ball up to a lone striker is just horrendous to watch. When Sutton came on Hopkin shouted ‘every ball!’ And pointed to the sky....I’m all for trying to play to a team strengths but that brand of football isn’t going to get people to come off the sofa to watch. It shouldn’t be a surprise as his Livingston team played exactly the same way, complete and utter hoof ball. It says a lot about the summer recruitment that we are almost completely reliant on a 35 year old striker who came out of retirement. Sign Billy King until January but don’t give him a kick. We have a talented winger in Nesbitt but while we persist with constant first time punts up the park he is completely wasted. Any assemblance of football in the match came from

Dunfermline in the first half - luckily they were as chronic as us.

Didn’t get all the #scenes today and it’s laughable that they got applause at the end. Abysmal performance from start to finish. Thought McAlister played well, again, in midfield. Rest were none existent. Hope to f*ck that Ramsbottom doesn’t get another game. He’s literally cost us a goal every time he’s played.

Yes a saving goal, well in terms that it stop giving a honking Pars 3 points.

Poor effort from Millar first half when he just had to lift the ball off the deck.

Salkeld must feel it's time to go home if we don't give him a start soon. Although not sure he messed up that bundle goal when he could have just pressurised the defender into an own goal. Was the boy holding him and he was just stronger? Well on the positive side we seem to have a group od players with similar qualities so once injuries kick in it shouldn't affect our standard of play.

Yes a saving goal, well in terms that it stop giving a honking Pars 3 points.

Poor effort from Millar first half when he just had to lift the ball off the deck.

Salkeld must feel it's time to go home if we don't give him a start soon. Although not sure he messed up that bundle goal when he could have just pressurised the defender into an own goal. Was the boy holding him and he was just stronger? Well on the positive side we seem to have a group od players with similar qualities so once injuries kick in it shouldn't affect our standard of play.

Salkeld looks a bit clumsy at times but he's the only player other than Cadden with pace to beat a man. Worth a start ahead of Colville.

Good to see Nesbitt back today. Baird cruised it and thought Jacobs did quite well in the circumstances.

Dreadful game of football, not quite as bad as the 1-1 against them last season but that’d have taken some doing. I thought Jim put in one of his better performances since returning today and (goal aside) Ramsbottom was actually pretty decent too. Some good saves and a very vocal communicator throughout. Sadly he had to go and ruin that a bit. I was right behind the Millar chance in the first half complete sitter that we really shouldn’t be missing.

We didn’t deserve to lose that today, so I’m at the very least pleased we managed to fight and get a point out of it. That aside though, it was far from an encouraging performance against one of the poorer teams in the league.

Archived