Morton v Dundee - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton v Dundee

Ton4life

Good to see a defence that can actually defend for a change. Also good to see kick outs not going straight into the stand or Cowshed.

We were quite wasteful with the ball, particularly when coming out of defence, but in truth if they’ve been told to get it clear to anywhere rather than risk being dispossessed then fair enough.

Need to start getting some away points now.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how did reece lyon play?

Wasted out wide.

Best move of the game ended with his effort being deflected wide. Expected the net to bulge. Yes cramp late on possibly a result of hot conditions and lack of hydration

/

Aye, it sounds harsh saying it but even looking at football I don't think we done anything for Jimmy Johnstone who had a far more positive impact on the Scottish game.

Outside of football there's been a lot of local people who have passed away who have had hard lives.

Doing this seems like it's because it's a big news story more than genuine compassion.

Agreed. Ricksen had no connection to Morton.  There's a difference between being sorry for him suffering from a terrible disease, and having a minute's applause.  Do we do the same for every ex-Morton player who passes away?  Would Rangers do the same for an ex-Morton player?  Doubt it.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Aye, I really like the way he comes across as a person but there's a few things he needs to address as a CEO.

:lol:

Where exactly was this telling truth to power persona to be found when your useless, Geordie mate was spunking £100k on the Cappielow Monorail project in the first place?

You're a busted flush.  

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Massive 3 points yesterday. Thought we were the better team for the first half hour then they started to take control. Fantastic cross by Cadden for the goal and a great header by Grant. Aside from the win, another massive plus was keeping the clean sheet. Thought we looked resolute and willing to throw our bodies in front of everything.

Any highlights yet?

I think there's a few things that the club could do that would help bring people to games including improving the match day experience. Putting a roof on all stands would be a good start, we don't live in Spain, chances are the majority of games it's going to be raining.

Better social media presence would also be good, have a look on YouTube. The last interview was uploaded 1 month ago and we're in September and only two highlight videos have been uploaded. The majority of Junior clubs (and some amateur) have better highlight packages than us, surely a stable championship team should be able to at least upload goals? What about other videos such as 90 second long training 'highlights'? The Instagram is the worst used one by far. All club updates should be posted on all official social media.

The website still hasn't been updated to reflect yesterdays score. This should be more or less instantly/why is this not an automatic process?

Maybe I'm being naive thinking these are all small asks (besides the roof), but do we have no media team? Surely even if we only have one part time media person they won't have set schedules and instead they'll be working on demand? E.g. working majority of the day on match day doing interviews for the club site etc?

:lol:

Where exactly was this telling truth to power persona to be found when your useless, Geordie mate was spunking £100k on the Cappielow Monorail project in the first place?

You're a busted flush.

I think you'll find I said similar about the turnstiles as well and it was poorly executed.

Regardless, it doesn't excuse nothing being done now.

Any highlights yet?

I think there's a few things that the club could do that would help bring people to games including improving the match day experience. Putting a roof on all stands would be a good start, we don't live in Spain, chances are the majority of games it's going to be raining.

Better social media presence would also be good, have a look on YouTube. The last interview was uploaded 1 month ago and we're in September and only two highlight videos have been uploaded. The majority of Junior clubs (and some amateur) have better highlight packages than us, surely a stable championship team should be able to at least upload goals? What about other videos such as 90 second long training 'highlights'? The Instagram is the worst used one by far. All club updates should be posted on all official social media.

The website still hasn't been updated to reflect yesterdays score. This should be more or less instantly/why is this not an automatic process?

Maybe I'm being naive thinking these are all small asks (besides the roof), but do we have no media team? Surely even if we only have one part time media person they won't have set schedules and instead they'll be working on demand? E.g. working majority of the day on match day doing interviews for the club site etc?

We’ve been through all this before on here- the club aren’t interested in, and don’t see the value in their media content. They employed Jonathan Mitchell on a pittance of a wage a few years ago and expected, and got, far more than their investment deserved. In order to do his job he was forced to buy equipment out of his own pocket and it’s little wonder he eventually chucked it.

I don’t recall an online interview since his departure- we were getting full reports and interviews after every single reserve game when he was around and he was hammered by fans (not necessarily on here, more Facebook and Twitter) for being a cheerleader when it was his job to promote the club, not hammer Johansson.

I don’t know much about the boy Ewan Boyle that’s taken over, but I believe he’s a student working on a part time basis. He doesn’t have the time or expertise that Jonathan had though, and undoubtedly lacks support too.

The club have shown indifference at best to their social media output and contempt at worst for it since it became a thing- you’re not the first and won’t be the last to complain about it.. We have less Twitter followers than Fort fucking William.

Wasn't expecting that win.  I thought Lewis Strapp improved as the game went on and he got the confidence to anticipate long balls wide down Dundee's right and break into attack mode. He likes going forward.  I would say he is worth a contract extension.  Been impressed with him most games I've seen him.

Again I thought Chris Millar looked past his best.  Maybe time he was used sparingly. how Sutton managed 90 minutes I'll never know but he looked out on his feet after 75 minutes, as did Reece Lyon.

Our defence now appears to be perfectly adequate with decent centre back provision.  Only the missing right black slot causes slight problems but we worked round that yesterday.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Wasn't expecting that win. I thought Lewis Strapp improved as the game went on and he got the confidence to anticipate long balls wide down Dundee's right and break into attack mode. He likes going forward. I would say he is worth a contract extension. Been impressed with him most games I've seen him.

Again I thought Chris Millar looked past his best. Maybe time he was used sparingly. how Sutton managed 90 minutes I'll never know but he looked out on his feet after 75 minutes, as did Reece Lyon.

Our defence now appears to be perfectly adequate with decent centre back provision. Only the missing right black slot causes slight problems but we worked round that yesterday.

Millar was good the first half and Sutton was up there with the best on the park and ran himself into the ground.

Chris Miller was very disappointing on Saturday. There were a number of times when we needed someone to hold the ball and calm things down a bit, something he was very good at in the past but he seemed content to hoof the ball up the park.

Given the pressing style of football we play I think Chris will be used very sparingly this season.

Chris Miller was very disappointing on Saturday. There were a number of times when we needed someone to hold the ball and calm things down a bit, something he was very good at in the past but he seemed content to hoof the ball up the park.

Given the pressing style of football we play I think Chris will be used very sparingly this season.

Hes already played a lot of first team football for a guy who will be used sparingly. I hope he adapts quickly to losing another half a yard but it does look like one season too many to me.

He seems to have lost all of his composure which I would have thought, given his experience, would be his main asset. Last season he was more than capable but now it seems he takes too long on the ball or wants to just punt it up the park as soon as he gets it. If Jacobs was fit on Saturday then I don't think Millar would've started. Shame to see him struggling this year tbh. 

Archived