Morton v Dundee - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton v Dundee

Ton4life

Imagine if it was Hawke hanging about in the cowshed then dugout while people where outside waiting...

Actually a fair point. Not sure what the sketch is with his being in the dugout, but it sounds very odd.

The one thing I'll say for McKinnon is that he inherited this mess, rather than bought it, but he's been in the job for months now. If he's even aware of the problem, much less working on it, there's little sign of it.

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually a fair point. Not sure what the sketch is with his being in the dugout, but it sounds very odd.

The one thing I'll say for McKinnon is that he inherited this mess, rather than bought it, but he's been in the job for months now. If he's even aware of the problem, much less working on it, there's little sign of it.

Aye, I really like the way he comes across as a person but there's a few things he needs to address as a CEO.

Talking shite our crowd had been gradually going down for 4-5 seasons its gor feck all to do with form

That's not true. Our average home support has been pretty consistent for a long time. It's not got that much to do with form, I agree with that, but there's not much to indicate a gradual decline.

That's not true. Our average home support has been pretty consistent for a long time. It's not got that much to do with form, I agree with that, but there's not much to indicate a gradual decline.

Think it has dropped by 200 odd over the last year or two.

We used to have a hardcore of about 1800 at every home game but that seems to have dropped to around 1600 if you look at the Alloa and Dundee games this season( won't take Partick into account since it was a Friday and on TV)

Think it has dropped by a 200 odd over the last year or two.

We used to have a hardcore of about 1800 at every home game but that seems to have dropped to around 1600 if you look at the Alloa and Dundee games this season( won't take Partick into account since it was a Friday and on TV)

The average attendance last season was 1943. The season before it was 1986. Considering that we had crowds of 4126 and 4661 two years ago against St Mirren, I think it's fair to say that the average home crowd was up last season. So while I think we're definitely down a bit on last season (with the much bigger season ticket sales), it's worth looking back 2 years when we had attendances like 1599 against Livi, 1918 against Dunfermline, 1992 against Falkirk, 1428 against Dumbarton,1677 against QotS, 1388 against Brechin, etc. The home support was struggling to make 1500 most of that season.

ETA, I wasn't picking out random games there, I was just following on from the opener against St Mirren.

The average attendance last season was 1943. The season before it was 1986. Considering that we had crowds of 4126 and 4661 two years ago against St Mirren, I think it's fair to say that the average home crowd was up last season. So while I think we're definitely down a bit on last season (with the much bigger season ticket sales), it's worth looking back 2 years when we had attendances like 1599 against Livi, 1918 against Dunfermline, 1992 against Falkirk, 1428 against Dumbarton,1677 against QotS, 1388 against Brechin, etc. The home support was struggling to make 1500 most of that season.

ETA, I wasn't picking out random games there, I was just following on from the opener against St Mirren.

Aye looking back at some of the crowds, you're right, it has been pretty stable(shite) over recent years.

Not sure why I had the 1800 odd home fans in my mind, perhaps that is the extra few hundred who turn up for bigger games.

Pretty sad state of affairs that we are down to 1500-1600 home fans these days. To think only 10-15 years ago, people were calling us a sleeping giant!

You'll never, ever get some fans to understand that the second half doesn't always kick off at exactly 4pm. It just won't happen. 4.45pm is 90 minutes, and that's that.

Should have spunked £100k on an electronic scoreboard then, not the shan turnstiles.

Think it has dropped by 200 odd over the last year or two.

They've not really changed much in about 10 years. St Mirren, Rangers and Hibs games inflated our averages whilst they were in the league.

The glorydays of 3,000 in the 2nd Divison are long gone, and wont be coming back anytime soon. 

Good win. Thought Grant strolled it and a couple of hairy moments aside, Strapp was solid too. Dundee offered next to nothing and I reckon McPake will be shown the door if they continue like that for the next couple of months.

That season ticket thing was a pain in the arse, I hope they get that sorted for the Dunfermline game.

Excellent.

Park the bus.

The hoppy way. Though good to see us seeing a game out but 45 mins is a tad long.

On crowd issue, stated 1901 which I expect excluded the majority of season ticket holders who like me were block and just got in the walk in access gateway.

Archived