Morton v Dundee - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton v Dundee

Ton4life

I thought Millar played well before he went off. Still wins every tackle, still strong in possession and generally recycles possession well. He isn't all that creative but then that's not his primary role in the team.

People are exaggerating his struggles to a massive degree.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Millar played well before he went off. Still wins every tackle, still strong in possession and generally recycles possession well. He isn't all that creative but then that's not his primary role in the team.

People are exaggerating his struggles to a massive degree.

I didn’t think he looked comfortable on Saturday. I think his substitution may have been to prevent injury as much as to bring someone younger and ostensibly more mobile in to the middle.

While I don’t think he was as bad as others seem to, I wouldn’t describe his performance as good either. That opinion is probably a little skewed as the most noticeable thing he did, to my mind at least, was to hit the roof of the stand with a clearance when he had plenty of time to carry the ball or to make a pass to Cadden who was making a run for him.

I think you'll find I said similar about the turnstiles as well and it was poorly executed.

This must have taken place in an alternative universe format of this forum, as in this one you said nothing of the sort until your useless, Geordie enabler was safely out of the door first. 

Regardless, it doesn't excuse nothing being done now.

Oh go on then, what should - and more importantly, can - be done to resolve this now?

Given that not only did your big mate waste a truckload of money on this useless white elephant project, he also oversaw the removal of all the original turnstile equipment and bricked up the entries at the same time to ensure that there won't actually be enough access points into the ground for any sort of sizable crowd. And how is a football club with no track record of technological expertise going to solve the endless technological faults of a system brought in by some Scouse Walter Mitty figure, who occasionally swans up the road with a clipboard to look concerned, and God knows what other firms? 

Wiser posters pointed out at the time the project began that not only was this project a ridiculous waste of money and its proposed benefits far fetched in the extreme, but that the club had also made itself hostage in the long run to technology that can easily go wrong. And here we are. A shameless club flunkey like yourself, needless to say, wasn't among those posters. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

He’d lost it last season, think people had blinkers on. It’s even more obvious this year (his lack of mobility), so it’s impossible to miss.

It's not really the mobility that's the big issue though. It's something more difficult to put a finger on. He's still moving well, but he's lacking in a bit of focus and struggling at times with the ball. Maybe he's lost a bit of power and that's causing an issue, but it's not something that's impossible to miss and it's not all that obvious what's going on.

He’d lost it last season, think people had blinkers on. It’s even more obvious this year (his lack of mobility), so it’s impossible to miss.

There's nothing more certain than repeatedly predicting somebody's demise for so long that it makes you look like some great soothsayer when the inevitable eventually does happen.

It's not really the mobility that's the big issue though. It's something more difficult to put a finger on. He's still moving well, but he's lacking in a bit of focus and struggling at times with the ball. Maybe he's lost a bit of power and that's causing an issue, but it's not something that's impossible to miss and it's not all that obvious what's going on.

Losing the power in his passing range is indeed the problem, at least on Saturday's evidence. When he got the opportunity to play a through pass or put a ball into the box the trajectory of the ball was fine but there wasn't enough power on it to pose a serious issue for the opposition defence or allow a Morton player to redirect it effectively. Morons like Zhivago think that ageing affects performance only in the sense that players can physically no longer run anymore - which is really not the case here - but if you look at other 'sports' where moving the ball with power and accuracy is crucial (such as an NFL quarterback) that skill is often the first to go. 

While McAlister has been fairly maligned on here for his performance levels he was prominent in communicating and organising the rest of the team during the second half. Similarly, the assistant deserves credit for constantly encouraging the team to press Dundee in possession back to their goalkeeper, rather than talking about it at half time and then leaning on the dugout wall and hoping for the best.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

As well as saying Millar’s mobility had gone last season, I also said that he almost always passed sideways or backwards. So, I’d picked up on his mobility AND passing issues last season. Plenty of others did too.

Like I said above, the deficiencies are just more blatantly obvious this season. Should only be getting a game if we’ve got major injury problems.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Was very impressed with the attitude of the assistant on saturday. Was always out encouraging then to squeeze the game.

Losing the power in his passing range is indeed the problem, at least on Saturday's evidence. When he got the opportunity to play a through pass or put a ball into the box the trajectory of the ball was fine but there wasn't enough power on it to pose a serious issue for the opposition defence or allow a Morton player to redirect it effectively. Morons like Zhivago think that ageing affects performance only in the sense that players can physically no longer run anymore - which is really not the case here - but if you look at other 'sports' where moving the ball with power and accuracy is crucial (such as an NFL quarterback) that skill is often the first to go.

While McAlister has been fairly maligned on here for his performance levels he was prominent in communicating and organising the rest of the team during the second half. Similarly, the assistant deserves credit for constantly encouraging the team to press Dundee in possession back to their goalkeeper, rather than talking about it at half time and then leaning on the dugout wall and hoping for the best.

Yet this squad with it's blatantly obvious deficiencies (and is only now beginning to settle as a team) sees us sitting in a play off place after 6 matches.

Free trial six packs ofTena peni-pads are available online by the way. Your knickers will remain dry all day.

Think you need another edit, as there's swing and miss all over that.

As well as saying Millar’s mobility had gone last season, I also said that he almost always passed sideways or backwards. So, I’d picked up on his mobility AND passing issues last season.

Only being able to float a pass into the final third - a technical point - is not even remotely the same as ‘almost always passing sideways or backwards’ - a decision-making and/or tactical point. So you in fact ‘picked up on’ absolutely nothing of relevance to this discussion, as usual.

Thanks for playing anyway and consider your latest red dot in the post.

As well as saying Millar’s mobility had gone last season, I also said that he almost always passed sideways or backwards. So, I’d picked up on his mobility AND passing issues last season. Plenty of others did too.

Like I said above, the deficiencies are just more blatantly obvious this season. Should only be getting a game if we’ve got major injury problems.

Your theories about Millar last season were mainly debunked at the time, the team was horribly unbalanced at times and he frequently looked to retain possession rather than aimlessly lump the ball forward which is the sign of an experienced pro, your triumphant 'I was right' posturing is embarrassing.

Archived