Morton vs Partick - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton vs Partick

BishopBrennan

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you don’t think getting out to our wide players feet has worked this season? We’re shelling it at McHugh every time

How does the ball get to the wide players? We knock it long and they pick up knockdowns and second balls.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Long balls in behind for our better players to run on to = good

Long and high balls fired over the heads of our forwards who are several inches shorter than their opponents = bad

Long balls launched aimlessly forward that come straight back, subsequently causing the defence to shit the bed = also bad

If we hadn't been forced to use a sub at the very beginning we might have seen a half time change, perhaps less likely now. Sutton for Blues at some point, go 442?

Honking first half. Lots of players having to step up 2nd half. Blues honestly though, absolute passenger. Millar struggling, MacLean struggling as is McAlister.

Also: fuck you Tam Oware. Hopefully enjoying his new challenge, of having to drive to away games.

So you don’t think getting out to our wide players feet has worked this season? We’re shelling it at McHugh every time

This weekly ‘why are we launching it loooooooong’ whine as soon as we’re losing is as tedious as watching that back four ship another calamitous goal. Nothing has changed at all.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Right back needed badly why the defence pushed up for the 1st goal knowing the Plastic defence are winning every header is criminal. And for the second came F

from Millar fannying about with the ball instead of laying it off.

McAllister is getting a roasting at right back, Tumility should be in there, MacLean is brutal an all it's a simple ball over the top that's bearing them.

McAlister is a better defender than Tumilty.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Right back needed badly why the defence pushed up for the 1st goal knowing the Plastic defence are winning every header is criminal. And for the second came F

from Millar fannying about with the ball instead of laying it off.

If a midfielder gets caught on the ball (an error) it is the fundamental task of the back four to cover for it. Not part like the fucking Red Sea and wave them through.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

McAllister is getting a roasting at right back, Tumility should be in there, MacLean is brutal an all it's a simple ball over the top that's bearing them.

We could play a cloned, 2004 version of Gianluca Zambrotta at right back though and it wouldn’t do much to change things. They’re overloading that side with players all game long and we’ve done nothing tactically to deal with this.

This weekly ‘why are we launching it loooooooong’ whine as soon as we’re losing is as tedious as watching that back four ship another calamitous goal. Nothing has changed at all.

I'll concede that my complaint last weekend was worded in such a way that it could be read as the cliched 'keep it on the deck' type of shout. We're certainly not going to be a flowing, one-touch passing side, though it is frustrating how often we give away possession and invite pressure right back on to us with poor balls out from the back.

ETA: we're giving the ball away with passes on the ground, too. An all round nightmare of a performance.

Archived