Morton vs Partick - Page 8 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton vs Partick

BishopBrennan

Criticising Grant for that goal, and our defending throughout the game in general, is insanity. When Partick were carving us open it was through hitting us down our right and targeting the space between McAlister and McLean, who was all over the place for more than an hour of the game. Whenever Grant found himself out of position it was usually due to having to cover McLean and Millar’s errors that caused a mess in the first place - criticising him while saying nothing about McLean is reminiscent of the days when people would target Stewart Greacen for being a bombscare and say nothing about Ryan Harding, when Greacen was essentially being forced to cover the area of two centre backs because his partner was routinely posted missing.

We undoubtedly did improve after that substitution, but it had a lot more to do with Sutton giving us someone who could win the ball and Colville giving us someone in the middle of the park who would take a touch and think about where he was sending it after doing so, which had been absent prior to his introduction, at the same time as Partick surrendered the midfield with their own substitutions. The defensive personnel weren’t particularly relevant to the improvement - the improvement in front of them meant we took control of the game and the ball stopped coming back at the defence with the frequency it had for the first hour.

The raft of substitutions collectively had a decisive impact as did Fox's comical goalkeeping for the first goal!

Blues going off was the obvious shout but Grant going off had the effect of us reverting back to the defence we have played in the previous 2 games and also Colville being a significantly better option than blues.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Colville solved the problem that Lyon going off so early had left us with. A midfield 3 of Jacobs, Millar and Blues where none of them want to get forward was leaving McHugh really isolated and us not picking up enough 2nd balls to get Nesbitt or Cadden involved as much. Lyon provides forward pressure and balances the midfield and I though Colville did that job well when he came on. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Millar has a lot of work to do to prove he can play a role in this team. He was giving it big licks when he was left out of the side, but had an absolute shocker last night.

Oh, and this picture is quality :lol:

ECuk6t5WsAAHYTE.jpg

Not his first shocker this season either. Picks up a bit in the 2nd half but continually looks woefully off the pace.

He better be getting used to the lack of game time because he should be back sitting on his arse again after that.

Aye I was right in amongst the decision making for the first team. Great point.

Firstly, I wasn't. 

Great comeback there m8. 

tumblr_ktu6uin5CS1qa3us1o1_400.jpg

Secondly, even if I was with your example, there's a difference between off the park and on the park. 

Not when your views are equally daft in both situations though. This is just your under 12s gender-awareness futsal in a different form of out of the box stupidity. 

And thirdly, his poor positioning left big gaps at the back they were exposing (mainly with Miller's movement) and the whole team looked shaky - when he went off we were a lot more solid and the team had more structure. Blues going off had an impact too but for me, Grant not being very good at sticking to his position and leaving space was a bigger factor.

Erm no, because the defence had already been shored up (to the extent that it ever was) earlier in the second half. The change of gameplan with Sutton coming on was the turning point once we eventually managed to get balls into box in the closing twenty minutes. 

This is really basic stuff tbh. 

For a guy that struggles to even kick a ball when playing, it's amazing that you're such an expert on the game.

Oooft - well at least that meltdown finally explains why you got a wee pinger at the thought of Iron Man and Johansson working at the club. It's no surprise that playing ability didn't result in a shred of intelligent analysis of the game from those total frauds though because those traits are not correlated at all.

Thanks for playing anyway though. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Strapp must be fast approaching a suspension. Booked again on Friday.

So Muirhead will get another chance soon enough then

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived