Hibs v Morton - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Hibs v Morton

Doddie

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get the thing about the Fourth Official being appointed at the last minute. Did he replace another official? Or had the SPFL planned to go without one?

There are Fourth Officials for every Premiership game and the TV games in the lower leagues. I'd have thought it would be a given that every last sixteen game in the League Cup and the Scottish Cup would have one.

I was also puzzled by this statement. Dave McKinnon seems to be implying the last minute appointment of a fourth official was somehow a disadvantage to Morton?

Regardless of the refereeing, you can point to an individual error or the shape of the team as a whole being poor for each of their five goals.

Rogers made a mess of the third but had an otherwise solid performance, while if we get the recruitment right then in two weeks the only starter yesterday who should be part of our first choice defence is Strapp, who was excellent. Get those defensive signings and we’re looking decent.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Regardless of the refereeing, you can point to an individual error or the shape of the team as a whole being poor for each of their five goals.

Rogers made a mess of the third but had an otherwise solid performance, while if we get the recruitment right then in two weeks the only starter yesterday who should be part of our first choice defence is Strapp, who was excellent. Get those defensive signings and we’re looking decent.

You make it sound so simple and yes it is glaringly obvious where the issues are but we've been looking to fix the problem for weeks now and it's not proving easy to find the required quality at the budget we've got. The danger is we get more ringers in the quality of Van Shiote

I don’t think we need another right back, whilst Tumilty isn’t the best he’s competent at least. 2 CH’s are a priority before another RB where we already have 3 players who can play there.

I don't get the thing about the Fourth Official being appointed at the last minute. Did he replace another official? Or had the SPFL planned to go without one?

There are Fourth Officials for every Premiership game and the TV games in the lower leagues. I'd have thought it would be a given that every last sixteen game in the League Cup and the Scottish Cup would have one.

Report says we thought there wasn't going to be one at all and he was appointed at the 'last minute' .

Not sure what our definition of last minute is, but the wee guy who wrote the match preview on the official site on Thursday knew there was to be the fourth official, not sure why the club didn't or if they deem back then as still last minute?

Bit embarrassing if that's the case.

Defensively we looked really shaky. McAlister should have done better with the ball through for the 4th.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

I don’t think we need another right back, whilst Tumilty isn’t the best he’s competent at least. 2 CH’s are a priority before another RB where we already have 3 players who can play there.

Who can play at right back apart from Tumilty?

Salkeld

Edit - and Jacobs but only as a last resort. He’s far too slow to be playing out there.

Is there any evidence that Salkeld can really play there? I mean, Jacobs could join a club next season and say he has played at right back - but there's nothing to suggest he can actually effectively play that role. The reality at the moment is that we're really struggling for a right back.

Is there any evidence that Salkeld can really play there? I mean, Jacobs could join a club next season and say he has played at right back - but there's nothing to suggest he can actually effectively play that role. The reality at the moment is that we're really struggling for a right back.

Only saw Salkeld play there against Dumbarton and he looked good enough for there if required

Archived