Morton vs Alloa - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton vs Alloa

Anyone possessing a working pair of eyes can grasp that Ramsbottom still isn’t good enough - hence why we’ve added ‘non-shan goalkeeper’ to our transfer shopping list as soon as Pearson was confirmed as being out for a few months.

It’s a weird time then for anyone to suddenly join the forum and to choose Ramsbottom’s professional dignity as the hill that they wish to die upon. As if that’s supposed to matter to fans of The Famous, who pay through the nose to watch a professional, full time outfit every week rather than some earnest but crap jobber pub team like ‘Alfreton Town’.

Hopefully Mr and Mrs Blues will conduct themselves with greater dignity before their scion gets inevitably punted to Largs Thistle as well.

The Twitter feed claimed he made two or three excellent saves when we were under the cosh at the end of the first half. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, Blues and Jacobs could be twins when it comes to their contribution on the field so it's strange how Blues is taking the brunt of the ire on here.

Edit to add I forgot we got Blues in on loan, so if that's folks issue with him then fair enough.

I want a pretentious signature too.

I can see why Andy Graham went ballistic after the third goal - it's not even a subtle push by McHugh.

No excuses for him ranting his way to a red, though.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

I can see why Andy Graham went ballistic after the third goal - it's not even a subtle push by McHugh.

Ref was really poor. Attempted to let things go without cards etc and then it threatened to get away from him completely.

My pal picked up the push straight away.

Thing was Graham was the only one making anything of it.

Also, Blues and Jacobs could be twins when it comes to their contribution on the field so it's strange how Blues is taking the brunt of the ire on here.

Edit to add I forgot we got Blues in on loan, so if that's folks issue with him then fair enough.

The problem is Jacobs has played at this level for a while and since arriving at morton has been decent and also played out of his position which I think is holding midfield.

Blues on the otherhand has been guff in his position all be it in a limited amount of game time but its up to him to prove he's good enough not for us to sit back and let him have a free ride at it. Jacobs has and will continue to contribute far more than blues so twins meh.

mibeez time to get aff Sam's back?.....just askin?

Don’t think anyone would be suggesting that he’s become Buffon overnight, but if he’s given a chance (while we don’t have anyone else in his place) and the ironic cheers disappear when he catches a ball and given even a ripple of applause instead (which did happen yesterday) it might just help the boy.

Look what happened to the young boy (for the life of I can’t remember his name) that played in goal under Ally Maxwell. Although it was Maxwells fault for putting him in that position in the first place

I missed the push at the time and couldn’t understand why Graham was going ballistic.As much as the ref was poor all game, looked like HE was the reason we were all there to was him, it was good to see an official have the balls to issue a second yellow immediately after the first. They often allow a player to rant on after a booking unpunished.

Graham should have known better though

Don’t think anyone would be suggesting that he’s become Buffon overnight, but if he’s given a chance (while we don’t have anyone else in his place) and the ironic cheers disappear when he catches a ball and given even a ripple of applause instead (which did happen yesterday) it might just help the boy.

Look what happened to the young boy (for the life of I can’t remember his name) that played in goal under Ally Maxwell. Although it was Maxwells fault for putting him in that position in the first place

Andy Carlin?

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

It's a clear foul, but Graham really should know better than that. Sky Sports reported it as a straight red, was he shown a second yellow or given a yellow then a straight red? 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

It was great to see us actually having a go at Alloa for once. For all of their organisation they're a squad of pretty limited players who can be pressured into making mistakes. JJ and Duffy would have sat off them and exposed our ropey defence.

Hopkin's decision to play Jacobs at right back was baffling, especially as he had an inexperienced left-footer in front of him and a 36 year old centre-mid coming across to cover. The positioning and space left between the 3 of them cost us the goal.

Hopefully Hopkin is still trying to get a handle on his best XI and we're not looking at a season of him trying to shoehorn his own signings into the team.

Two yellows.

Dunno, he got booked for dissent first but then he said something else and the ref went straight for the red. I didn't see the yellow come out a 2nd time. Could be wrong. 

Graham moaning about a fairly blatant push was funny though since he did the same thing to Bob all game, or even more obviously wrapping both arms around him and wrestling him about he park unpunished. Absolute wee shame being on the end of one sent him over the edge. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

On Bob - his 3 goals were all well taken but his assist for Reece Lyon's goal was absolutely sublime. Best moment of the game for me. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

It was great to see us actually having a go at Alloa for once. For all of their organisation they're a squad of pretty limited players who can be pressured into making mistakes. JJ and Duffy would have sat off them and exposed our ropey defence.

Hopkin's decision to play Jacobs at right back was baffling, especially as he had an inexperienced left-footer in front of him and a 36 year old centre-mid coming across to cover. The positioning and space left between the 3 of them cost us the goal.

Hopefully Hopkin is still trying to get a handle on his best XI and we're not looking at a season of him trying to shoehorn his own signings into the team.

One thing I do like about Hoppy is his positive attitude to games. He's always intent on winning games as opposed to JJ or Thumbhead who'd make avoiding defeat their first priority. He's clearly made monumental mistakes out of his recruitment and has picked some bizarre and stubborn team selections but he clearly has the managerial nous of being able to get a tune out of the players at his disposal so this season could yet turn out to be extremely fruitful. A lot of course will depend on him sorting out our defensive issues before the window closes.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Dunno, he got booked for dissent first but then he said something else and the ref went straight for the red. I didn't see the yellow come out a 2nd time. Could be wrong. 

Graham moaning about a fairly blatant push was funny though since he did the same thing to Bob all game, or even more obviously wrapping both arms around him and wrestling him about he park unpunished. Absolute wee shame being on the end of one sent him over the edge. 

Looked like two bookings without the yellow being shown the second time, but given that referee yesterday who knows?

Millar has never been a particularly creative player, I must have missed his years of him carving teams open with his passing! He had a terrible first half today, did better in the second.

Nesbitt was excellent, if a bit greedy... could have played in others a couple of times. Lucky to have him.

We’re a few players away from having a decent team. Manager knows it, everyone knows it, obviously all down to money the quality of player we can bring in.

Shut up.

On Bob - his 3 goals were all well taken but his assist for Reece Lyon's goal was absolutely sublime. Best moment of the game for me.

That was a great goal.

Some pass from Lyon in the first place, then a good run to get on the end of the cross.

Archived