Morton vs Alloa - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton vs Alloa

Good win in the end, was fearing the worst towards the end of the first half but Alloa just couldn’t live with our forwards. Hopefully we get those defenders in and are able to build from that.

Said it a couple of weeks ago, we're really not that far away from a good first XI. It's when tiredness and injury sets in that we have to worry.

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VT's glass half-empty today...but he does have a valid point.Our defence requires major surgery...pronto.

It’s really not. We created enough chances throughout (despite the whining after the equaliser about ‘hoofball’) and have looked a real threat in most of our games so far. The direct style, particularly with early balls put into the box, is far more threatening than last season’s turgid, possession obsessed drivel. The new feature today was that we played well without relying on Sutton, which is encouraging as when that plan didn’t work in previous weeks the team couldn’t find a different way to win.

Genuinely good defenders are vital though to steer us away from any trouble and towards another top half finish. The midfield was also a bit of a concern today as well - we’ve yet to find a balanced unit there. Jacobs should be there to focus on winning the ball, Lyon can play box to box and Millar still offers the passing range to carve teams open; that’s the first choice for me but it hasn’t happened yet.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Millar has never been a particularly creative player, I must have missed his years of him carving teams open with his passing! He had a terrible first half today, did better in the second.

Nesbitt was excellent, if a bit greedy... could have played in others a couple of times. Lucky to have him.

We’re a few players away from having a decent team. Manager knows it, everyone knows it, obviously all down to money the quality of player we can bring in.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

It’s really not. We created enough chances throughout (despite the whining after the equaliser about ‘hoofball’) and have looked a real threat in most of our games so far. The direct style, particularly with early balls put into the box, is far more threatening than last season’s turgid, possession obsessed drivel. The new feature today was that we played well without relying on Sutton, which is encouraging as when that plan didn’t work in previous weeks the team couldn’t find a different way to win.

Genuinely good defenders are vital though to steer us away from any trouble and towards another top half finish. The midfield was also a bit of a concern today as well - we’ve yet to find a balanced unit there. Jacobs should be there to focus on winning the ball, Lyon can play box to box and Millar still offers the passing range to carve teams open; that’s the first choice for me but it hasn’t happened yet.

I think your use of the phrase 'overwhelming us' in your previous post had him thinking you meant Alloa were on top of us, not that they were outdoing us in the dodgy defence stakes.

Missed today, did Ramsbottom look any better??

Not a chance with the goal, had a good stop from a one one one, sclaffed a kick out into touch in first half and had prior mentioned kick in second half.

Can't really grumble about him today.

Not a chance with the goal, had a good stop from a one one one, sclaffed a kick out into touch in first half and had prior mentioned kick in second half.

Can't really grumble about him today.

His one on one save was vital I think, it would have put us 2-1 down and the negativeity around cappielow would have rose ten fold, dodgy kick in the 2nd a side he was gentally solid without having to do to much.

As someone said earlier he is very vocal which is something we have be missing in recent years.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

I thought Millar, Cadden and Nesbitt were the outstanding players today. Re Millar not really sure about the abuse he was getting as nothing got past him in the middle and he generally made the midfield tick in a way it didn't last week. 

Cadden for me has been the best player on the park in all of our games so far. Great signing. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

His one on one save was vital I think, it would have put us 2-1 down and the negativeity around cappielow would have rose ten fold, dodgy kick in the 2nd a side he was gentally solid without having to do to much.

As someone said earlier he is very vocal which is something we have be missing in recent years.

Did you watch/hear Robbie McCrorie last season?

I concur....well with most of your post.

Millar has never been a particularly creative player, I must have missed his years of him carving teams open with his passing! He had a terrible first half today, did better in the second.

^^^ idiot found

This would be the same Chris Millar who won a Scottish fucking Cup as the only creative midfielder in the most agricultural - in style and origin - side to ever compete for the trophy in a final. The same Chris Millar who was the sole creative spark in the 2007-08 campaign, in performances that led known terrible judge of ability Derek McInnes to sign him for Saint Johnstone in the first place.

Stick to egg-chasing you utterly gormless tit.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Missed today, did Ramsbottom look any better??

Made a good save at 1-1 and actually gathered a cross come shot in second half.

But with some of the supporters cash input could do with a pair of shorts that fit his size 42 arse.

Anyone possessing a working pair of eyes can grasp that Ramsbottom still isn’t good enough - hence why we’ve added ‘non-shan goalkeeper’ to our transfer shopping list as soon as Pearson was confirmed as being out for a few months.

It’s a weird time then for anyone to suddenly join the forum and to choose Ramsbottom’s professional dignity as the hill that they wish to die upon. As if that’s supposed to matter to fans of The Famous, who pay through the nose to watch a professional, full time outfit every week rather than some earnest but crap jobber pub team like ‘Alfreton Town’.

Hopefully Mr and Mrs Blues will conduct themselves with greater dignity before their scion gets inevitably punted to Largs Thistle as well.

Archived