New Catering - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

New Catering

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brownings new suppliers of catering at pie stalls.

New creations such as the 'Morton empire biscuit' and 'cappielow pie' on offer. Essentially the trademarked Killie Pie in new packaging.

A welcome addition.

https://gmfc.net/2019/08/08/browings-bakers-becomes-new-kiosk-supplier/

I really dislike Aulds but think we’ve missed a trick by not using the whole Greenock thing to our advantage.

That said, the food will be much better and I’m sure they invented the Killie pie so it might work out ok.

There was no sign of this change in the last League Cup game so it's not really a Gourlay as much as welcome confirmation. 

I really dislike Aulds but think we’ve missed a trick by not using the whole Greenock thing to our advantage.

The only company benefiting from the 'whole Greenock thing' was Aulds, not Morton. It was our club's bailout to a bakers which, while generating a decent amount of goodwill, was undermined by the fact that their savoury products are fundamentally crap and overpriced. GMFC is not there to prop up another company's failed business model as well. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Actually liked the Aulds one (apart from the cremated one they served me last game) but these are likely to be decent so can't argue with it.

Did like the suggestion that we should have approached Morton's though.

Good to see areas like this looked at though.

Now, get on to Walls and strike a deal for Cornettos.

Aulds has their chance and produced a terrible effort for a pie. 80% grease content.

Brownings stuff will be quality.

Ironically the 2 pies I had at the Qos game were excellent. Full of meat and no hot grease scalding my hand either.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

That said, the food will be much better and I’m sure they invented the Killie pie so it might work out ok.

As mentioned above, I don't think Morton benefit from that in any substantial way. Matchday catering is a captive market so USPs don't really come into play. When I'm getting something to eat at the game my concerns are product range, price and taste. I don't care where it comes from. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

As mentioned above, I don't think Morton benefit from that in any substantial way. Matchday catering is a captive market so USPs don't really come into play. When I'm getting something to eat at the game my concerns are product range, price and taste. I don't care where it comes from.

It’s not so much at the game it’s more the whole selling elsewhere and making something unique like Kilmarnock did and a bit of money through that. Obviously it would need to be good too but having it as a joint venture where it’s a Greenock football pie or something could have worked.

It’s not so much at the game it’s more the whole selling elsewhere and making something unique like Kilmarnock did and a bit of money through that. Obviously it would need to be good too but having it as a joint venture where it’s a Greenock football pie or something could have worked.

Kilmarnock capitalised on the fact that there was already a well established - and most importantly, good - bakers in the area, and by all accounts shafted them in the end over the naming rights. No such opportunity exists for a 'Greenock pie' because Aulds' savoury range is overpriced and diabolical. Which is why it was sinking into administration before the club gave it a helping hand and will be lucky to see out the next few years regardless. 

It's just as well that your useless big mate was finally emptied from the CEO position or else this latest piece of 'blue sky thinking' would probably be given the rubber stamp by the club, rather than filed immediately in the bin where it belongs alongside under 7s gender-awareness community futsal and other pieces of total nonsense. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I looked at it 5 minutes after your post looking for it and couldn't see any spelling error tbh. Think you imagined it.

Happy clapper.

There has also been a hasty edit of the club statement presumably also after the comments on here, changing it from 'watch the game' to 'take in the game'.

There are two things required for that type of arrangement; a local bakery with an excellent product range, and a football club with a competent commercial department. 

Neither exist in relation to Aulds and Morton. Aulds are on their knees, being kept on life support by the local blue rinsers. Their products are overpriced, greasy shite and well, Morton are Morton. And that's before we examine how much damage was done to Kilmarnock and the bakeries through the 'Killie Pie' copyright stuff.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Kilmarnock capitalised on the fact that there was already a well established - and most importantly, good - bakers in the area, and by all accounts shafted them in the end over the naming rights. No such opportunity exists for a 'Greenock pie' because Aulds' savoury range is overpriced and diabolical. Which is why it was sinking into administration before the club gave it a helping hand and will be lucky to see out the next few years regardless.

It's just as well that your useless big mate was finally emptied from the CEO position or else this latest piece of 'blue sky thinking' would probably be given the rubber stamp by the club, rather than filed immediately in the bin where it belongs alongside under 7s gender-awareness community futsal and other pieces of total nonsense.

Aye and we could have capitalised on an even more well established and well known local bakery. It’s not exactly a controversial point.

Archived