Championship 19/20 - Page 29 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 19/20

SpoonTon

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What astonishes next is that Falkirk haven’t blocked me, yet Morton have. I’ve been trolling those bastards on a weekly basis for about a year and a half now and they’ve not bit once!

:lol:

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

I haven’t been blocked (yet) but I wonder if he’d give me a meeting anyway. I have quite a few questions for our CEO, I’m glad to see he’s being so engaging.

I’ve been unblocked, and so have most others it would appear, although Gerry is still blocked.

I’d actually have had more respect if they’d at least stuck to their guns before meeting me. In doing this but not retracting their statement (like I did after the game on Saturday night, incidentally) they’re admitting to themselves that they’ve made a rip roaring cunt of it, but refusing to admit it to the folk that matter.

You always see folk that support other teams laughing about them doing daft things and saying, “typical Hearts, typical Arsenal, typical Dundee United” etc. but there surely can’t be a club in the land that so consistently make an absolute fool of themselves.

This whole episode has been some laugh, and we’re probably only a week or two away from the next catastrophe. Can’t wait.

Travel 100 miles up to Greenock for a meeting with someone who can’t spell? Aye right. I have previously travelled up to Cappielow about half a dozen times for meetings in connection with the club (4 times for pointless meetings in connection with that feasibility report prepared by some crowd of chancers, once for a meeting with Warren Hawke in connection with a sensible but ultimately abortive development proposal, and once to meet Crawford Rae in connection with a boundary dispute issue). That was all done in my own time and at my own expense. I’m certainly not going to arrange a meeting because some moron disagrees with my view that leaving Lyon and Nesbitt on the bench is not a sensible strategy (2-1 win not withstanding). Unblock me or don’t, Dave. There are other sources of info and the official twitter isn’t that dynamic anyway.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I’ve been unblocked, and so have most others it would appear, although Gerry is still blocked.

I’d actually have had more respect if they’d at least stuck to their guns before meeting me. In doing this but not retracting their statement (like I did after the game on Saturday night, incidentally) they’re admitting to themselves that they’ve made a rip roaring cunt of it, but refusing to admit it to the folk that matter.

You always see folk that support other teams laughing about them doing daft things and saying, “typical Hearts, typical Arsenal, typical Dundee United” etc. but there surely can’t be a club in the land that so consistently make an absolute fool of themselves.

This whole episode has been some laugh, and we’re probably only a week or two away from the next catastrophe. Can’t wait.

And we're now branded trolls by the BBC as a result of it all.

Nobody has any problems with the club blocking accounts IF it’s warranted. Most people are aware of the lines not to cross on social media, I have no issue with the club dealing with accounts that cross those lines. (Yet to actually see any of these “attacks” mind) This could have all been said in a statement, and accounts dealt with if need be.

Instead though, they posted a tweet which made it sound like some sort of totalitarian regime issuing a statement - and to make matters worse, blocked accounts for basically nothing. The backlash/pointing and laughing the club has received has been more than deserved.

The media assistant has been hung out to dry through no fault of his own, and according to someone just off the phone with our CEO, MacKinnon isn’t even taking all the blame either. Who made the call then? Crawford, Lesley Ann, Cameron fucking Blues? Who blocked those accounts in the first place and what was their reasoning?

Anyone with even the slightest bit of PR/Social Media knowledge (or just common sense) should’ve known this was a terrible idea, and the execution of it couldn’t have been much worse. We won an actual game of football at the weekend and yet again, a circus off the pitch has completely taken any attention away from it.

Amateur hour again. Everyone involved in the shitshow should hang their heads.

I would *guess* that only around 20-25% of Morton supporters use Twitter. Maybe even less. That, to my mind, is the only thing keeping this from being a resignation issue. He really has handled it that badly.

Absolutely nobody would take issue with genuine abuse - particularly of families - being met with a block. That's what it's for. But this crayon-scrawled statement is simply dishonest, because that's not what's been happening.

The best course of action for the club is simply to pretend that none of this ever happened and to very quickly and very deliberately move on. If and when they do see genuine bile sent to them, they can by all means block it. But all this stuff about codes of conduct and meetings... it could hardly have been handled worse, and raises real questions about the CEO's judgment in general.

EOho8Pw.png

The other thing is that a well paid CEO shouldn't be using his time to have meetings with people he's blocked for little reason.

Yet for some reason you think that a well paid CEO should be using his time to listen to your inane, lager fuelled ramblings in a hospitality suite instead.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

The other thing is that a well paid CEO shouldn't be using his time to have meetings with people he's blocked for little reason.

Completely disagree. Regardless of who’s at fault here, he’s the one that’s paid the handsome salary so should be held to account, here.

If anyone should be smoothing things over it should be him. What’s the alternative? Throw someone like Brendan out in front of us to answer questions on a subject that isn’t of his doing and he’s got nothing to do with?

I was going to reply to TheGoon’s point about who was at fault for the blocking, but as I’m on my phone I’m not multi-quoting. The buck stops with the Chief Executive- that’s how senior management works. This blame game that seems to be going on has to stop and he has to hold his hand up and accept responsibility, whether he did it or not.

If meeting folk means that Morton retain fans that are sickened by their actions then it’s an absolutely necessary use of his precious time.

At no point in all my time supporting the club have I felt so close to chucking it, so I certainly hope he puts forward a convincing case when I meet him on Wednesday.

Completely disagree. Regardless of who’s at fault here, he’s the one that’s paid the handsome salary so should be held to account, here.

The point was more that this is something he's caused that's taking up his time. If he really felt the need to say something I'd have expected someone in his position to have had a more well structured approach that included proactively engaging with fans.

As it stands, it looks like he's went into a wee huff, unnecessarily blocked people, went on a rant and now has to spend time reacting to individuals who were on the wrong end of it.

Edit to add - that's not to say he shouldn't be clearing up the mess he made. Only he can do that - part of my issue is that the initial tweet put the twitter guy in the firing line.

Yet for some reason you think that a well paid CEO should be using his time to listen to your inane, lager fuelled ramblings in a hospitality suite instead.

Yes, I think he should spend two minutes of his day to say thanks to people who have spend a hundred quid on a day out (if not over a 1000 when sponsoring). That's how hospitality generally works and people come back if they feel welcome and appreciated.

Yes, I think he should spend two minutes of his day to say thanks to people who have spend a hundred quid on a day out (if not over a 1000 when sponsoring). 

I'm sure that your gold star for choosing to get pissed in your suit on a Saturday afternoon is in the post. 

That's how hospitality generally works and people come back if they feel welcome and appreciated.

Well no it isn't actually. When Pete the Coatbridge jakey gets a hospitality package for Christmas and rocks up to Celtic Park in an ill-fitting Matalan suit and Rockport boots, he doesn't actually get to glad-hand Peter Lawwell as part of his big day out. That's because Pete's place in the pecking order remains far, far beneath Lawwell's level, 'hospitality guest'  at the club or not. Queen of the South entrusted their hospitality and their general glad-handing of the fanbase to Jim Thomson - a former player and club captain that the fans would actually recognise and respect - as opposed to whatever pen-pushing bumpkin no-mark occupied the role of chief executive. And somehow I doubt Gillian Donaldson was an ever present figure when Dougie was running the show in his egotistical pomp as well. 

The bottom line here is that you've badly misread 'hospitality' - a cheap steak pie dinner marketing ploy to upsell gate receipts - as a 'VIP access all areas package': which is not in fact offered by any sane football club to gormless plebs like yourself. 

Thanks for playing anyway. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived