Championship 19/20 - Page 38 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 19/20

SpoonTon

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Potentially aye but very much hot and cold last year. He was a diving mess in our last game against that shower, was very amusing seeing him throw himself to the floor time after time and moaning about everything.

Hopefully the same experience at Thistle. Rudden, O'ware, Miller, MacKinnon... what a bunch!

Our game against QoS has been arranged for Saturday 8th February.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Our game against QoS has been arranged for Saturday 8th February.

I knew Queens had lost Robbie McRorie to Livingston, but hadn't heard that El Baktoui had left as well.  He caused us problems in the game at Palmerston earlier in the season.  Unless they replace these two players, should be a good time to be playing them.  Should offer them Sheepsarse as an emergency loan.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I can’t say I’m terribly upset with that result tonight. After 9 points from the last 12, why shouldn’t we be looking up the table rather than over our backs? Arbroath are already showing signs of doing similar to last season when their form tailed off quite dramatically in the second half of the season, even drawing with hapless, seaside league cannon fodder at the weekend.

With a winnable game in hand against Queen of the South, I expect to be above Arbroath soon enough anyway (perhaps not 5pm on Saturday, though).

Bringing another team that we feel we can finish above closer to us is preferable than relying on free spending Partick being as shite as they have been against everyone other than us up ‘til now.

Queens are signing Ross Stewart on loan from Livi after McCrorie’s departure. Craig Wighton is heading to Arbroath, which could be a really decent signing for them.

Meanwhile, Dundee look to be taking Wigan youngster Ollie Crankshaw on loan. For the life of me, I don’t understand why we haven’t attempted to get at least one loan in from England.

Queens are signing Ross Stewart on loan from Livi after McCrorie’s departure. Craig Wighton is heading to Arbroath, which could be a really decent signing for them.

Meanwhile, Dundee look to be taking Wigan youngster Ollie Crankshaw on loan. For the life of me, I don’t understand why we haven’t attempted to get at least one loan in from England.

We hardly ever loan players from clubs in the English League system. Have we had a properly good one since Earnshaw?

We hardly ever loan players from clubs in the English League system. Have we had a properly good one since Earnshaw?

We did bring in Keelan O’Connell from Bournemouth as recently as last season. Admittedly he wasn’t great, but his opportunities were limited to say the least.

O’Connell deserved more of a look in than he got. Premiership teams are loaning players from teams as low as League 1 in England. There’s hundreds of guys, young and old, not getting game time that would improve us. Accommodation and wage percentages are obviously always going to be the stumbling block, but we should absolutely be pursuing it.

O’Connell deserved more of a look in than he got. Premiership teams are loaning players from teams as low as League 1 in England. There’s hundreds of guys, young and old, not getting game time that would improve us. Accommodation and wage percentages are obviously always going to be the stumbling block, but we should absolutely be pursuing it.

There are also thousands of donkeys and disinterested chancers who would - and frequently do - stink out Scottish football based on a thought-free contract they once got handed to them by an English team. See ‘Wigan Athletic’ hotshot Jamie McCormack as the archetypal case of this in January 2014 - and O’Connell was gubbins as well.

Constantly looking to England to send a bunch of ringers up the road is one of the main reasons why this club achieves next to nothing. It’s a market of convenience rather than genuine opportunity and should be avoided unless absolutely necessary.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Away to dundee utd is just not what we needed on saturday.

What, after three wins in our last four league matches? Yeah, it’d obviously be better to reschedule it until just after our usual bleaching in the Highlands, so we can destroy any semblance of form or confidence instead.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived