Championship 19/20 - Page 34 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 19/20

SpoonTon

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Treating administration as a route to clearing the debt and carrying on as if nothing happened is not realistic or desirable. It’d be far more likely to kill the club than see us safe and debt free at the other side.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Maybe he doesn't like people from the borders.

I'm not from the borders. I'm from Greenock.  I don't even live in the borders.  Are you a VT clone account?

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Clydebank and her environs has a healthy population catchment of around 50,000; and if you were to include a 15-minute drive time (similar drive time or distance from Cappielow-Gourock) then they'd have a local constituency of around 250,000 which is over three times the Greenock/Gourock/Port conurbation.

It's not even remotely 'their' local consistuency though. It's Rangers and Celtic's to a higher degree than just about anywhere else in the Central Belt: in part because most of the scheme goblin estates like Drumchapel are the legacy of the Glasgow slum clearances and not an authentic local community. Then there are the host of other senior league clubs within the same 15 minute drive time who aren't anywhere near as gubbins or completely insignificant as the *checks notes* 'Bankies' were throughout their useless spell in the Scottish senior setup. You'd have been as well following one of the seventeen local junior teams instead, which just so happens to be where the phoenix club has found its natural level without ever threatening the dominance of Ayrshire bumpkin galacticos in that grade. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

That is effectively what happened with Motherwell when John Boyle was owner and main creditor.

10% of something is better than 100% of nothing.

You have no idea what you are on about. Motherwell were losing around £2m per year and owed a fortune to creditors. John Boyle wrote off most of his debt in order to make sure the Club could survive the Administration process and start a fresh without players on contracts they can't afford and debts owed to external creditors.

Given we don't have anything significant owing to external parties and most of our players are on one year deals (coupled with CR's plan to have a wage structure to achieve a break even point) our situations are entirely different and it would be ridiculous to suggest administration as an option

TRUST THE DUFF

How does Crawford Rae intend to have a break even wage structure and field a competent professional football team on the park at the same time? What you’re referring to is simply a managed death spiral through the seaside leagues under the guise of ‘sustainability’ - that is not a credible plan.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

NB: And let’s never forget that Crawford Rae is only chairman by the grace of the majority shareholding in GC, who are the ones actually calling the shots here to protect ‘their’ money. So even if Crawford were to find some great, grand plan in his back pocket after nearly twenty years of supervising incompetence, it wouldn’t matter because he is merely the front man for a family that is scunnered with running this football club altogether. That feeling is mutual.

NB: And let’s never forget that Crawford Rae is only chairman by the grace of the majority shareholding in GC, who are the ones actually calling the shots here to protect ‘their’ money. So even if Crawford were to find some great, grand plan in his back pocket after nearly twenty years of supervising incompetence, it wouldn’t matter because he is merely the front man for a family that is scunnered with running this football club altogether. That feeling is mutual.

Sounds like most businesses - the board are responsible to shareholders and will fulfill the wishes of shareholders.

Sounds like most businesses - the board are responsible to shareholders and will fulfill the wishes of shareholders.

And in this case the wish of the shareholders is to have a token placeholder chair a subsidiary company - a failing football club - on their behalf and on their terms. Which means that Crawford's ultimate authority here is next to none, grand plan or no grand plan. Given that the interests of the chinless wonder shareholders at GC aren't even remotely aligned with those of this once-proud football club, the onus must be on ending this shan subsidiary relationship as soon as feasibly possible rather than buying into any of the 'sustainability' bullshit that the chairman is obliged to sell to the fanbase right now. 

The only Rae responsible for this current mess is Douglas, who as a successful businessman as well as an octogenarian had more reason and time than just about anyone to plan for his succession and so knowingly bequeathed this mess for his inheritants to deal with. Crawford at this stage is just a powerless cipher obliged to head a shit football club instead of swanning around the golf course instead.

Just because people prefer to associate the predictably shit legacy of the Rae era with the current placeholder doesn’t mean that’s where the real blame lies.

I used the National Records of Scotland. I see that's what Wikipedia have used too.

I think that Madton is right, you just went onto Wikipedia but wanted to make yourself seem like some kind of smart-arse so you just mentioned the source of the data on that Wikipedia page.

Absolutely fooling no-one champ. Thanks again, Mr. Dire. ;)

*insert signature here*

It's not even remotely 'their' local consistuency though. It's Rangers and Celtic's to a higher degree than just about anywhere else in the Central Belt: in part because most of the scheme goblin estates like Drumchapel are the legacy of the Glasgow slum clearances and not an authentic local community. Then there are the host of other senior league clubs within the same 15 minute drive time who aren't anywhere near as gubbins or completely insignificant as the *checks notes* 'Bankies' were throughout their useless spell in the Scottish senior setup. You'd have been as well following one of the seventeen local junior teams instead, which just so happens to be where the phoenix club has found its natural level without ever threatening the dominance of Ayrshire bumpkin galacticos in that grade.

Hey HikingTon, I'm not advocating anything in favour of Clydebank and am well aware that they have their own Scheme Goblin problem without having to adopt those of Glasgow's.

All I am saying is that they are one of Scotland's largest towns - similar in many respects to Greenock - and that if they didn't sell off Kilbowie when they did, they would have been still around today.

I do however love the small town chip-on-the-shoulder that many Greenockians have about the size of their town. All I said was Clydebank was one of Scotland's biggest towns - which it is - and then you get the howls of indignation. "Och naw, it isnae big toon, we were a big toon ower 50year ago" etc. East Kilbride doesn't have that same inferiority complex when it comes to Paisley for example. None of you are as big as Glasgow. GiFUYees. :D

*insert signature here*

The only Rae responsible for this current mess is Douglas, who as a successful businessman as well as an octogenarian had more reason and time than just about anyone to plan for his succession and so knowingly bequeathed this mess for his inheritants to deal with. Crawford at this stage is just a powerless cipher obliged to head a shit football club instead of swanning around the golf course instead.

Just because people prefer to associate the predictably shit legacy of the Rae era with the current placeholder doesn’t mean that’s where the real blame lies.

He was still a director at the same time as his father was running up this debt, and did nothing to prevent it, so as the heir he therefore deserves to get smeared with a ball of that shite.

*insert signature here*

I do however love the small town chip-on-the-shoulder that many Greenockians have about the size of their town. All I said was Clydebank was one of Scotland's biggest towns - which it is - and then you get the howls of indignation. "Och naw, it isnae big toon, we were a big toon ower 50year ago" etc. East Kilbride doesn't have that same inferiority complex when it comes to Paisley for example. None of you are as big as Glasgow. GiFUYees. :D

That will be because there are literally folk in East Kilbride older than EK

You have no idea what you are on about. Motherwell were losing around £2m per year and owed a fortune to creditors. John Boyle wrote off most of his debt in order to make sure the Club could survive the Administration process and start a fresh without players on contracts they can't afford and debts owed to external creditors.

Given we don't have anything significant owing to external parties and most of our players are on one year deals (coupled with CR's plan to have a wage structure to achieve a break even point) our situations are entirely different and it would be ridiculous to suggest administration as an option

Your turn.

I'm well aware that John Boyle had to write off a lot of what he was owed in order to relieve himself of ownership of the club. In many ways there are strong similarities with the Rae dynasty.

The lesser Rae's will need to resign themselves that their rich daddy loved his football club more than them. Boo fucking hoo.

*insert signature here*

Archived