Championship 19/20 - Page 30 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 19/20

SpoonTon

The offer of face to face meetings sounds more like an escalation than a resolution. Have the fans to line up outside the office like kids sent to the headteacher? Is he going to dissect every tweet and decide if you deserve a second chance?

Expecting a load of your customers to go and beg to be unblocked on social media is absolutely ludicrous.

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure that your gold star for choosing to get pissed in your suit on a Saturday afternoon is in the post.

Well no it isn't actually. When Pete the Coatbridge jakey gets a hospitality package for Christmas and rocks up to Celtic Park in an ill-fitting Matalan suit and Rockport boots, he doesn't actually get to glad-hand Peter Lawwell as part of his big day out. That's because Pete's place in the pecking order remains far, far beneath Lawwell's level, 'hospitality guest' at the club or not. Queen of the South entrusted their hospitality and their general glad-handing of the fanbase to Jim Thomson - a former player and club captain that the fans would actually recognise and respect - as opposed to whatever pen-pushing bumpkin no-mark occupied the role of chief executive. And somehow I doubt Gillian Donaldson was an ever present figure when Dougie was running the show in his egotistical pomp as well.

The bottom line here is that you've badly misread 'hospitality' - a cheap steak pie dinner marketing ploy to upsell gate receipts - as a 'VIP access all areas package': which is not in fact offered by any sane football club to gormless plebs like yourself.

Thanks for playing anyway.

Wrong.

^^^ verge of tears

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

The offer of face to face meetings sounds more like an escalation than a resolution. Have the fans to line up outside the office like kids sent to the headteacher? Is he going to dissect every tweet and decide if you deserve a second chance?

Expecting a load of your customers to go and beg to be unblocked on social media is absolutely ludicrous.

Indeed. It's hard to see what he means to achieve by it - surely if people are so abusive on Twitter they shouldn't be earning a one-to-one with the CEO off the back of it? It's hardly an incentive to follow the "code of conduct" if you can dole out abuse (allegedly) and get an appointment with the heid-bummer a few days later.

What if everybody decides to start calling the Twitter account a bawbag, is MacKinnon planning on spending the next few weeks meeting all of them? 

AWMSC

The thing that should worry Mackinnon and the board most is that the malaise is now seeping in to the hardcore that the club has always relied on being there no matter how bad things got. When you've got someone like Toby saying this is the closest he's been to chucking it then you know it's getting bad. It's not as if we've had decades of success and we aren't coping with us being pish now. We've been an absolute shambles of a club since the 90s and I'd imagine not once through all those lows have so many hardcore fans been so scunnered.

Even on a personal level I agreed to go to our game the other week for the first time since August, and even two hours before kick off I had no idea who we were even playing, and then at 2:30pm we decided we'd rather stay in the pub and spend the £60 entry fees for the three of us on drink.

Every other year of my 25 years supporting morton I'd have known who we are playing all week previously and probably been on here talking about the team and tactics etc for the past decade of those 25 years.the problem for me now is that I'm out of the morton bubble and the routine of going to games, so it's going to take success or good times to entice me back in to spending my money on this club, and there seems to be absolutely no chance of that happening on the horizon.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

The thing that should worry Mackinnon and the board most is that the malaise is now seeping in to the hardcore that the club has always relied on being there no matter how bad things got. When you've got someone like Toby saying this is the closest he's been to chucking it then you know it's getting bad. It's not as if we've had decades of success and we aren't coping with us being pish now. We've been an absolute shambles of a club since the 90s and I'd imagine not once through all those lows have so many hardcore fans been so scunnered.

Even on a personal level I agreed to go to our game the other week for the first time since August, and even two hours before kick off I had no idea who we were even playing, and then at 2:30pm we decided we'd rather stay in the pub and spend the £60 entry fees for the three of us on drink.

Every other year of my 25 years supporting morton I'd have known who we are playing all week previously and probably been on here talking about the team and tactics etc for the past decade of those 25 years.the problem for me now is that I'm out of the morton bubble and the routine of going to games, so it's going to take success or good times to entice me back in to spending my money on this club, and there seems to be absolutely no chance of that happening on the horizon.

I'm in the same boat. Not been a supporter as long as you have but there's zero joy in following the club anymore. Failure is just something I expect with the club at every turn now. 

Red dotted by mistake can mod amend..

I hope those that do go and meet him tells him how it is the team is shite the board have caused this apathy amongst the support the website is shite amongst other things and should be addressing what they should be doing. Instead of having a go at his customers.

Like a couple of folk have already said above, having supported the club all of my life (and that will not change) and been going to Cappielow for 45 yrs or thereabouts it’s steadily becoming a habit and a chore,rather than a pleasure, to go now.

I too could have recited the seasons fixtures soon after they were published and was someone who, metaphorically, wore Morton pajamas and sent Morton Christmas cards, and would have bought a dog shite if there was a Morton badge on it no matter the cost. However, over the last few years I’ve lost a lot of my interest and while I’m still happy to see a victory I greet it more with relief than joy. Likewise I greet a defeat with an air of resignation rather than being gutted as I used to be.

Never thought I’d see the day I felt like this about MY Morton!

:lol:

Can just imagine an Airplane-style queue of disgruntled punters lined up under the main stand, awaiting their turn to insult MacKinnon in person.

Aye MacKinnon probably thinks those blocked would bottle out of meeting him. We have a handful of genuine psychopaths in our support so he'll likely have his hands full. Hell mend him.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

I'm in the same boat. Not been a supporter as long as you have but there's zero joy in following the club anymore. Failure is just something I expect with the club at every turn now.

I'll be sounding like a broken record but I too am in the same boat. I gave up my season ticket this year and have been to 2 league games, one home and one away. I've followed some truly awful Morton teams down the years without giving it a second thought but it's the way the club is being run overall that has pushing me away, not the absolute dross Hopkin is serving up. We just seem to lurch from one embarrassment to the next and the whole set up can only aspire to be tinpot.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Never fails to amaze me how Morton finds new ways to alienate the fans. The statement reads like a child's reaction to someone saying something they didn't like in the playground. I have no doubt the club now realise that they have made an arse of themselves. 

Whilst browsing Twitter looking for people to block, Mckinnon should (hopefully is) having a look at this thread just to fully appreciate just how bad it is. Like many others, I can't remember it being this bad and it must( should) be of great concern to the board.

We know Nick reads the board, this dire situation needs awareness and action now or we are fecked.

Fecking depressing.

I’m not on Facebook or twitter, although I follow away games via the clubs twitter account, but I get the impression that the initial decision to block may have been taken while enjoying a libation or two on Saturday evening, and that the hole, having been dug, is only getting deeper.

I’ve never known so many posters to be aligned as they are over this.

Club's now getting it tight on Facebook as well, on the official group. The vast majority of responses are strongly-worded but respectful and constructive.

The club needs to delete all of this, post a funny gif about moving on, and forget it ever happened.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived