Championship 19/20 - Page 23 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 19/20

SpoonTon

Mark Farrell (the sports science one) joins Forfar, complaining about being treated badly by previous employer.

https://twitter.com/mafarrell89/status/1200469706756542465

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the game update.

Fecking freezing in Glasgow and my garden is bone hard.

I know we have covers and Greenock benefits from the gulf stream but it only going to 2 C today.

Why no game thread have you all given up?

Pitch inspection 10.15

No need for game thread as game will be off

Dunfermline showing that it's not necessary to shit the bed when Partick Thistle have a player sent off.  <_>

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

If I were Morton's chief executive, I'd be asking serious questions right now about the so-called 'fantastic pitch' that can't be relied on to i) deal with a routine bit of sleet and slush in March without getting waterlogged and ii) a freeze that the majority of clubs in the country have played through regardless. Looks like a plastic pitch with a fraction of the clearly useless 'maintenance' costs of the grass alternative is the logical way forward. 

At the same time though, I'm delighted that the club couldn't get the game on. After all, we should be playing Brora in a critical Scottish Cup tie today anyway, but the board chose to throw its own fanbase overboard and told them to do a twelve hour journey midweek because they wanted to spend the day hobnobbing in club hospitality instead. So the fact that they failed to even do that is a just punishment.  

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Is the general rule not to have a replay on the Tuesday/Wednesday about ten days after the original game?  I think it was set up that way to avoid league games being postponed at short notice.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Archived