Championship 19/20 - Page 22 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 19/20

SpoonTon

He plans to gift the club to fans in March 2020 so I’m not sure he’s planning to chuck money at McCall.

I’m sure there will be a few quid made available to McCall in January. I wish we had a rich benefactor willing to buy the club and gift it to the fans.

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The interest alone on his winnings would support a Premiership side never mind a struggling Championship one, expect to see Partick slowly climb the table and get promoted. The money required to assemble a squad to win this league will be washers ro him.

The interest alone on his winnings would support a Premiership side never mind a struggling Championship one, expect to see Partick slowly climb the table and get promoted. The money required to assemble a squad to win this league will be washers ro him.

He's spent a massive amount of it already.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

You are presuming a rather high degree of self control for someone who clearly couldn’t slither past the nearest kebab without stuffing his face prior to the Euromillions win.

Give it five years and he’ll be forty stone and skint.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

What rates are you getting?

My portfolio is attracting about 2%.

So he gets £1.8 ish M a year or the equivalent to Sevico's monthly losses.

Presumably he's using "interest" in the vernacular, i.e. not just stuffing it in a bank (where he'd most likely fail to beat inflation) but instead have it in various funds.

Point is, he's not short of a few bob if he just wants to keep a crap football team ticking over. If he wants to actually spend on it, though, that's another matter.

EOho8Pw.png

V

Yeah so supplement Thistle's current budget by £1.8 and see what kind of quality it would get, who's talking about Rangers? I'm talking about competing with Kilmarnock, St Johnstone, Hamilton etc

There’s no indication that the plan is to launch money at the first team anyway. He’s put the money up to pass it over to a fan organisation which will be run on a similar model to MCT, with an interim board being put in place in the meantime. Nothing suggests he’s planning to do a Brooks Mileson.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

There’s no indication that the plan is to launch money at the first team anyway. He’s put the money up to pass it over to a fan organisation which will be run on a similar model to MCT, with an interim board being put in place in the meantime. Nothing suggests he’s planning to do a Brooks Mileson.

That's the impression I got too. If they do it properly it could work out well for them, but hopefully not. We're already hearing the "fairytale" shite about it, those cunts are insufferable as it is.

AWMSC

I’d accept him doing a Mileson if the end result’s the same, tbh.

In fact we're the only team in the division that doesn't have a TV game this time.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

:lol: :lol:

I think that someone with around £50m in the bank would get a better deal than your Supersquirrel account.

*insert signature here*

Archived