Championship 19/20 - Page 19 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 19/20

SpoonTon

I don’t know if complaints going in about Timmins are absolute nonsense or not, but if there’s a chance to relieve him of his duties, we should take it.

Aye, wtf is going on just now? Bit of a purge. Wonder who the club will have looking after the pitch now?

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that's true it is no surprise and he should leave with our best wishes. He has done a great job at Cappielow over the years.

So said the article in the paper where the story originated from. Not sure which paper, (Tele?) just saw photo shared on one of the Facebook groups.

What complaints?

There is a story on Facebook that he tore a new one off the 'young lad in the Cappie costume', traumatizing him to such an extent that he hasn't been back at Cappielow since.

It's literally laughable but then again so is Morton's entire existence, so who knows?

EOho8Pw.png

Dougie would be turning in his grave if he knew what is happening at the club. Disgraceful if Mark Farrell has been let go I am beginning to fear the worst for Morton league one beckons and if that is the case the fans need to get Crawford out the club pronto.

Dougie would be turning in his grave if he knew what is happening at the club. Disgraceful if Mark Farrell has been let go I am beginning to fear the worst for Morton league one beckons and if that is the case the fans need to get Crawford out the club pronto.

We need Crawford out of the club regardless of the league we are playing in.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

First they came for the dodgy kit man, but I didn't speak out

Because I was not a dodgy kit man...

Loving the idea btw that the same chairman responsible for such wheezes as signing the wrong Marc/Mark McCulloch and keeping an array of useless, out of their depth employees in the backroom staff for years would be aghast at the state of the club now (leaving aside his massive, direct culpability for that). 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Dougie doubled the wages of the kitman to god knows what just so he wouldn’t leave. His heart was in the right place, and would’ve been so with the groundsman, but it’s financially irresponsible.

Dougie doubled the wages of the kitman to god knows what just so he wouldn’t leave. His heart was in the right place, and would’ve been so with the groundsman, but it’s financially irresponsible.

Indeed. He can spin as much as he wants, he's directly responsible for the mess the club is in along with his idiot boy.

AWMSC

I’m sure we’d benefit financially from a plastic pitch (by how much I don’t know) but I personally just hate the look of them. We had one of the best grass surfaces in the country not long ago, I’d much rather stick with it.

What’s odds on pitch getting relaid to plastic next year?

Just me that thinks a plastic pitch is a good idea, then?

I’m sure we’d benefit financially from a plastic pitch (by how much I don’t know) but I personally just hate the look of them. We had one of the best grass surfaces in the country not long ago, I’d much rather stick with it.

Plastic pitch wont be a money maker unless were going to undercut Inverclyde Leisure’s prices. inverclyde already have too many plastic pitches lying empty due to cost.

Agreed dmcewan16 as you can hire 10 3G, 4 2G, 11 Grass pitches and 2 2G 5-a-side pitches currently in Inverclyde you wouldn't make money hiring Cappielow out.

"Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals."

Bring back Warren Hawke.

Agreed dmcewan16 as you can hire 10 3G, 4 2G, 11 Grass pitches and 2 2G 5-a-side pitches currently in Inverclyde you wouldn't make money hiring Cappielow out.

Worth remember the first team and possibly reserves would train on the pitch during the day which straight away is a saving. Youth Academy at night and I’d imagine any slots that are left would then be available for let. So money to be made in the form of savings rather than income as such.

Would rather the pitch stays grass as imo professional football shouldn’t be played on plastic but I think it looks inevitable unfortunately.

Worth remember the first team and possibly reserves would train on the pitch during the day which straight away is a saving. Youth Academy at night and I’d imagine any slots that are left would let be available for let. So money to be made in the form of savings rather than income as such.

Would rather the pitch stays grass as imo professional football shouldn’t be played on plastic but I think it looks inevitable unfortunately.

That's about the size of it for me, too. I'll miss grass but it's becoming a luxury at our level of the game.

EOho8Pw.png

Eh!? there's only two plastic pitches out of the 10 teams in the league.

We operate at the lowest full-time level in western Europe, in terms of budget, infrastructure, sponsorship, so on and so forth. After us is part-time football. Non-league football in England is already going this way; low-end full-time football will be next. Admittedly there's not much to be gained by being ahead of the curve, but mark my words, this is the way it's going. Small FT clubs having grass pitches and full-time ground staff will be seen as an anachronism before too long.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived