Championship 19/20 - Page 15 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 19/20

SpoonTon

Ysee, there is an element of the 'natural order' of things when Liverpool, Manchester United or Arsenal win the league, which I find easier to accept regardless of whether or not I like them. Man City not being shite and getting pumped all the time kinda goes against the natural order of things, which I find difficult to accept. I'm a traditionalist.

Still, it's nothing that a huge recession which cripples the Islamic world wouldn't cure.

*insert signature here*

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excuse my ignorance, but what's your reasoning behind this stance?

Murdering the Juventus fans in Brussels and refusing to even consider the roles of their own ticketless fans at Hillsborough when pointing the finger of blame for that tragedy. Attacking Bulgarian waiters to their permanent disfigurement, stealing Champions League final tickets from children and forcing their way into the ground in spite of their history with crowd disasters.

They’re an absolute scum club with a scum following.

Murdering the Juventus fans in Brussels and refusing to even consider the roles of their own ticketless fans at Hillsborough when pointing the finger of blame for that tragedy. Attacking Bulgarian waiters to their permanent disfigurement, stealing Champions League final tickets from children and forcing their way into the ground in spite of their history with crowd disasters.

I honestly wasn’t aware of all that apart from possibly the first bit. It certainly wasn’t portrayed that way in the media. My dislike for Man City is based mainly on financial unfairplay, and how the media fawn over their every word and action. You have immeasurably more valid reasons for your dislike (or hatred) of Liverpool and their fans.

I've generally no allegiance to any particular english clubs,big or small, but i do enjoy watching both City and Liverpool matches regular as I am sure many likeminded neutrals do too. They have the best quality.

I guess i could find it a little bit romantic for Liverpool to finally win the league after so many years.

They have had a few very top players, Dalglish, Suarez and currently Salah immediately spring to mind. Its also kinda cute to watch old black and white footage of their fans singing Beatles songs in the kop in the 60's.

I've generally no allegiance to any particular english clubs,big or small, but i do enjoy watching both City and Liverpool matches regular as I am sure many likeminded neutrals do too. They have the best quality.

I guess i could find it a little bit romantic for Liverpool to finally win the league after so many years.

They have had a few very top players, Dalglish, Suarez and currently Salah immediately spring to mind. Its also kinda cute to watch old black and white footage of their fans singing Beatles songs in the kop in the 60's.

I like Sheffield United. My favourites in England used to be Bournemouth when they were shite, cos my auntie stayed there, but we went to a game at Carlisle once and their fans were cunts.

I went to Sheffield United with Jim and after meeting a few of their boys at the friendly in 2013 we started meeting up regularly for games. Since his death we’ve always tried to keep the link intact, try for a home and away game every season.

They’re a brilliant club followed by brilliant people.

I'm not being critical of you or anyone having a favourite English club or favourite Spanish club or whatever. I take my hat off to those who do. Your affection for Sheffield Utd is admirable.

I just enjoy watching City and Liverpool as they are the best teams with the big stars at the moment, same as i used to always watch Man Utd previously.

Always had an eye on Southampton’s results due to having an uncle who worked at the Dell many years ago. At the time they had Le Tissier, who reminded me of Ritchie - an 85 minute arse scratcher with moments of brilliance thrown in, Managed to see them once when Strachan was in charge. Not all that fussed about them now. Like to see Burnley do well.

Have a strong hatred of Liverpool, Newcastle and West Ham.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

As the single most disgusting football club in the world? Absolutely, yes.

A bit lost on the logic here.

While it's time to move on from Hillsbrough not sure what's the difference between how top English clubs are run and the Permier league money machine. Their supporters in general seem no different than other current top six clubs. We want to win , don't care who funds us.

Sorry jumped in from last page.

Make old firm sound like angels.

By the way I have followed Arsenal since a boy, as my sister stays in Higbury Terrace since 1968. Get to a few games each year with nephews great stadium, with cushioned seats.

Sorry jumped in from last page.

Make old firm sound like angels.

By the way I have followed Arsenal since a boy, as my sister stays in Higbury Terrace since 1968. Get to a few games each year with nephews great stadium, with cushioned seats.

Arsenal used to be my English club of choice. I would never really have classed myself as a supporter, probably a follower at best. However, I went to The Emirates two years ago for a match, and it was a horrible experience. I was meant to be sitting in the away end but ended up having to sit in with the home crowd. The Arsenal fans in the pub beforehand, on the tube and in the stadium were absolute wankers. The stewards were absolute cunts too. I can't stand them now. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

If I’ve had to pick an English team, it’s always been Everton. I think a lot of it is to do with Goodison and that still feeling like a traditional football ground, and until a few years ago anyway Everton still felt quite close to their roots, not as affected by the PL cash as others. The stadium move in a few years is obviously going to eradicate that completely, which is a shame.

I’m lucky if I watch a full English game these days or even make it through Match of the Day. Just seemed to have lost all interest in what feels like a different sport.

If I’ve had to pick an English team, it’s always been Everton. I think a lot of it is to do with Goodison and that still feeling like a traditional football ground, and until a few years ago anyway Everton still felt quite close to their roots, not as affected by the PL cash as others. The stadium move in a few years is obviously going to eradicate that completely, which is a shame.

I’m lucky if I watch a full English game these days or even make it through Match of the Day. Just seemed to have lost all interest in what feels like a different sport.

I watch a lot of the live games but that's mostly because of the time difference over here meaning I'm normally at home when they're on. I watch Sportscene every week religiously, and watch the highlights of every Championship game, but I can't remember the last time I watched MOTD or any English highlights show. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

I watch a lot of the live games but that's mostly because of the time difference over here meaning I'm normally at home when they're on. I watch Sportscene every week religiously, and watch the highlights of every Championship game, but I can't remember the last time I watched MOTD or any English highlights show.

I'm quite the opposite, I like Match of the Day on BBC1 on a Saturday evening, and I love watching EFL on Quest beforehand; but I rarely watch Sportscene.

*insert signature here*

I'm quite the opposite, I like Match of the Day on BBC1 on a Saturday evening, and I love watching EFL on Quest beforehand; but I rarely watch Sportscene.

Same here. I’ll watch MOTD on a Saturday and Sunday night but rarely go near Sportscene. Highlights are online if there’s anything I particularly want to see.

That will change if we are ever on it on a regular basis.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Archived