Championship 19/20 - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 19/20

SpoonTon

Do genuinely know a few decent Thistle fans, but had the misfortune in bumping into a group on the way to a Scotland game, was the first friendly and I'm sure not long after the league had finished the year thistle went up (and we pushed them most of way until they got lucky with fog at Cowdenbeath...). Never met such a bunch of arrogant dicks, they genuinely didn't think we should have been entitled to even think we had a shot at promotion that year.

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do genuinely know a few decent Thistle fans, but had the misfortune in bumping into a group on the way to a Scotland game, was the first friendly and I'm sure not long after the league had finished the year thistle went up (and we pushed them most of way until they got lucky with fog at Cowdenbeath...). Never met such a bunch of arrogant dicks, they genuinely didn't think we should have been entitled to even think we had a shot at promotion that year.

I've met more arsehole Partick fans than decent ones. They have some of the worst delusions of grandeur I've encountered in Scottish football and wish them nothing but misfortune. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

They're also bigots who think that by cloaking it under their shite catch-all of 'the banter' their sectarian ditties should go unpunished by the authorities. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Partick statement; 

“The current board of directors have honoured the playing squad budget signed off by the previous board, a major proportion of which was already committed when the new directors were appointed. However, the budget did run at a significant deficit which could not be recouped from the club’s recurring income.  This shortfall has been partly covered by the fees to be received following the sale of Aidan Fitzpatrick and the sell on percentage which the club will receive as a result of Liam Lindsay’s transfer from Barnsley to Stoke. The remainder of the deficit will be funded by adjusting aspects of our logistical operations, not by reducing the funds available for the playing budget.

“The current playing budget available to the manager is likely to be around the third or fourth highest in the league. As a result of these factors we are able to fully support the manager’s aspirations to challenge at the top of the Championship this season. Any suggestions that the ultimate target is anything other than promotion are false.

“The current board strongly refutes any suggestion that £200,000 has been removed from the playing budget, as the figure available to the Manager remains as it was under the previous board.”

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

The shortfall is "partly" covered by two six-figure transfer fees?

Will the rest of Scottish football wake up and realize that they can't be "sustainable" based on these English sales, which are too few and far between? The numbers just don't add up unless you're doing it literally every single season.

It might not be the exact model, but a membership/subscription model like MCT's is probably a more realistic way of getting extra cash. Something like club membership in Spain, maybe.

EOho8Pw.png

The remainder of the deficit will be funded by adjusting aspects of our logistical operations

Pretty sure that 'not running a team bus to Alloa' - which they opted for on Saturday - is really not going to make that much of a difference.

Bury them now. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

The shortfall is "partly" covered by two six-figure transfer fees?

Will the rest of Scottish football wake up and realize that they can't be "sustainable" based on these English sales, which are too few and far between? The numbers just don't add up unless you're doing it literally every single season.

It might not be the exact model, but a membership/subscription model like MCT's is probably a more realistic way of getting extra cash. Something like club membership in Spain, maybe.

Exactly as mct should be.

Patrick's shortfall partially covered by over 600 grand in transfer fees?

How much were they over budget and relying on the Weir's money?

Colin Weir appears to have pulled funding after his "friend" Jacqui Low was ousted as chairwoman.

Imagine if they had gone down?

Pretty sure that 'not running a team bus to Alloa' - which they opted for on Saturday - is really not going to make that much of a difference.

Bury them now. 

Got to say I think the bus racket is a load of shit for central belt games. Having to rent out a vehicle for the day, and have it sit waiting for you for two hours, makes sense if you're traipsing up to Elgin, but if your squad all live centrally anyway, and see each other all week at training, what's really gained by having them take a 45 minute journey to Alloa together? Have them carpool and drive, give the drivers a tenner each for petrol, job done.

EOho8Pw.png

Got to say I think the bus racket is a load of shit for central belt games. Having to rent out a vehicle for the day, and have it sit waiting for you for two hours, makes sense if you're traipsing up to Elgin, but if your squad all live centrally anyway, and see each other all week at training, what's really gained by having them take a 45 minute journey to Alloa together? Have them carpool and drive, give the drivers a tenner each for petrol, job done.

See where your coming from, but it gives a chance for a bit if steam talk and takes away the chance of losing 3 or 4 players should they be involved or held up by an accident etc. At least if the whole team is held there is not the chance that the referee says “well you’ve got 13 players here, the others can be subs when they arrive, so get the game started”

See where your coming from, but it gives a chance for a bit if steam talk and takes away the chance of losing 3 or 4 players should they be involved or held up by an accident etc. At least if the whole team is held there is not the chance that the referee says “well you’ve got 13 players here, the others can be subs when they arrive, so get the game started”

That is true. You'd ideally want them there at least an hour before KO, so it seems pretty unlikely to happen for a local game, but it's not impossible. Definitely for trips of 90 minutes or more you'd want a bus, regardless.

EOho8Pw.png

We use ours for home matches also.

We use ours for home matches also.

When your major sponsors are a bus company it’s a completely different issue though. Running a bus isn’t costing Morton in the way it is other clubs, we’re providing publicity for our sponsors by doing this.

When your major sponsors are a bus company it’s a completely different issue though. Running a bus isn’t costing Morton in the way it is other clubs, we’re providing publicity for our sponsors by doing this.

I know. And we predominantly use it to take the team up to Gleddoch, another sponsor, for a free pre-match meal.

Some far more professional elements to put setup nowadays which is to be applauded.

The negativity coming Partick's way is because they are still seen as a relatively 'big' club and the decision seems amateurish.

The flip of that was the criticism Rangers got while losing a fortune in League 2 because they were still doing what they always did and booked out 5 star hotels for overnights for run of the mill league games.

Archived