Season Tickets - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Season Tickets

Quick look at the other clubs

Dunfermline starts st 275 going up to 305

Queens are 285

Dundee United starts around 280 going upto 380

ICT is 295 main stand or 250 for their north stand.

Partick thistle are 290 for renewal or 310 for new.

We are in the ball park with the rest of clubs so I suppose it was coming just hope the extra funds brings in quality players.

Edit...this would have been better announced alongside a player (tidser) contact agreement.

If we use Dunfermline as a comparison, they play in a modern, fully developed stadium suitable for top flight Football, whereas Cappielow has barely changed since the late 1970s.

To be put bluntly, our stadium is a shithole.

If we are expected to be paying similar prices, we should be expecting similar standards of comfort and facilities. In addition to this, we shouldn't be inconvenienced every time there is a televised game by having that scaffolding in our way.

*insert signature here*

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we use Dunfermline as a comparison, they play in a modern, fully developed stadium suitable for top flight Football, whereas Cappielow has barely changed since the late 1970s.

To be put bluntly, our stadium is a shithole.

Cappielow is now more suitable for top flight - and more importantly for both clubs, second tier football - than their ridiculous white elephant of a ground. It could of course do with some improvements (so much for that '£1 million a year' maintenance that cmdc 'recalled' the club whinging about) but the day that we move to some Legoland dump like that is the day that they can padlock the gates. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Cappielow is now more suitable for top flight - and more importantly for both clubs, second tier football - than their ridiculous white elephant of a ground. It could of course do with some improvements (so much for that '£1 million a year' maintenance that cmdc 'recalled' the club whinging about) but the day that we move to some Legoland dump like that is the day that they can padlock the gates.

Spot on. Tart cappielow up slightly and it still shits all over legoland

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Dunfermline cant stand on a terrace. Absolute loser status.

They'll be in the top league long before we will ever be, as will Falkirk, Partick, the Dundee clubs, Inverness et all. Even Airdrie, who have been floundering in the third tier for ages, will possibly bypass us at some stage.

Where Morton currently are is absolute loser status: perennial poverty pleaders whilst fleecing supporters at every turn, soon to become reliant on a half-brained half-arsed and Gormless 'ivry buddy chips in munny' idea to put a team out, whilst wilfully letting the Mr Bean lookalike* plus his fat bastard golf mates lord above everyone from the directors box whilst abdicating responsibility for investment in what is legally theirs.

* he does:

8828791.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=respo

article-0-0DB7B35200000578-75_468x606.jp

*insert signature here*

They'll be in the top league long before we will ever be, as will Falkirk, Partick, the Dundee clubs, Inverness et all. Even Airdrie, who have been floundering in the third tier for ages, will possibly bypass us at some stage.

Where Morton currently are is absolute loser status: perennial poverty pleaders whilst fleecing supporters at every turn, soon to become reliant on a half-brained half-arsed and Gormless 'ivry buddy chips in munny' idea to put a team out, whilst wilfully letting the Mr Bean lookalike* plus his fat bastard golf mates lord above everyone from the directors box whilst abdicating responsibility for investment in what is legally theirs.

* he does:

8828791.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=respo

article-0-0DB7B35200000578-75_468x606.jp

They might well be, Pablo. But that doesnt detract from the fact we can stand on glorious terracing whilst they sit in their lego shoe box.

We're the real winners.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

They might well be, Pablo. But that doesnt detract from the fact we can stand on glorious terracing whilst they sit in their lego shoe box.

We're the real winners.

You're not another one of these "Stawnin at the fitba'" whammy's are you?

We stand at the game, so what? Sometimes we sit down at half time and read the programme. Even when are in seated stadiums like Falkirk the other week, we still stand. We will be standing in the North Stand at Hampden in a few weeks time. There is nothing brilliant about standing at a game, and there is nothing great about sitting at the game either.

To be able to do as you like is fucking champion.

Next.

*insert signature here*

Spot on. Tart cappielow up slightly and it still shits all over legoland

I tend to agree. Perhaps my favourite ground of all time was Love Street. We should be aiming to replicate that at Cappielow.

*insert signature here*

You're not another one of these "Stawnin at the fitba'" whammy's are you?

We stand at the game, so what? Sometimes we sit down at half time and read the programme. Even when are in seated stadiums like Falkirk the other week, we still stand. We will be standing in the North Stand at Hampden in a few weeks time. There is nothing brilliant about standing at a game, and there is nothing great about sitting at the game either.

To be able to do as you like is fucking champion.

Next.

Out and out standing is far superior to having chairs at your arse. Its about history, tradition and the like. Legoland stadiums are shit.

East end park no different.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Out and out standing is far superior to having chairs at your arse. Its about history, tradition and the like. Legoland stadiums are shit.

East end park no different.

Bash your arse.

Next.

*insert signature here*

[Tl;]

The more you think about this pricing structure, the more needlessly daft and alienating it seems. The club wants more money than last season to make up the shortfall, which is fine. To do this, they could have made £300 the starting season ticket price and played the guilt trip card. Or they could have encouraged fans to sign up to the MCT initiative and guilt tripped through that instead. The problem is that they're trying to have their cake and eat it at the same time.

To make the maths straightforward, let's say that the club had 1000 adult ST holders last season - so £195k guaranteed revenue. Obviously the real figures are more nuanced, this is simply an illustration of how daft the club's stance currently is.

- If the club went for £300 season tickets and guilt-tripped everyone into signing up again, that would guarantee £300k in revenue - but that's not likely to happen. Indeed, if less than 65% of season ticket holders renew at that price hike - which without any sort of reward or nod to their loyalty is not out of the question - then the club stands to earn less guaranteed revenue than last season. Now they'd still turn over more money overall due to increased walk-up tickets on the day, but without creating a strong incentive to renew then it's not going to be a huge money-spinner. But crucially, take-up of these expensive season tickets will also be strongly and negatively correlated to buy-in for the MCT scheme: because both exist for the same purpose and come from the same limited amount of money in people's pockets. If only 65% of ST holders buy into that scheme then MCT only gets a guaranteed £78k from them over each of the first two years.

- If the club instead set a ST price at £250 then it would stand to earn £250k if everyone signed up. Being less of an exorbitant price hike, renewals are likely to be far closer to 80 or 90% than at the currently proposed price (and the club would still get more revenue from increased walk-up sales). It would almost certainly generate substantially more revenue than last year's pricing structure. But with the ST at a still justifiable level compared to others in the division, uptake of the MCT scheme would almost certainly be much higher as well. If 90% of the season ticket holders buy into that, then MCT gets a guaranteed £108k per year. It could therefore get over 50% of its fundraising target from ST holders alone, even if they all chose only the minimum monthly pledge level.

Put the two figures together from the £250 option and the club gets more money than it would from 1000 ST holders paying £300 a pop and well over £100k a year more than it got last season. If MCT could then raise the other 50% of the fund target from non-season ticket holders, outside backers or increased pledge levels then the entire shortfall in revenue would be wiped out. '£250 for the football and another third for a stake in the club' should be the pitch here. I simply cannot see the club getting even close to that from browbeating people to stump up fully £420 each to prop up their chronic mismanagement. [/dr]

This is absolutely spot on and sums up how stupid this club is. Morton anyways seem to immediately slam the brakes on every bit of momentum and positivity that they generate.

**Child tickets also went up by 100%... That's no way to build a future fanbase. They cost roughly the same as season books at the ugly sisters.

Don't care about the 12-16 prices tbh; my bugbear (though far less important than the above) would be the insistence on keeping free tickets for under 12s. If the club needs to get more money, why should that be exempt.from the scrapheap? £50 a season is still barely £2.50 a game and is less than the next FIFA will cost you for an entire season's worth of live entertainment. Sell fifty of those then you're officially 1% of your way towards making up the shortfall: every little helps. 

The more sustainable way to encourage kids to go to the game has been done before: you give out free tickets to them in schools every so often. And who should pay for those tickets? Well I think that's a terrific opportunity for the Community Trust to finally do something worthwhile for the football club, instead of wasting everyone's time by arranging a kickabout in an old folks' home - their latest, ridiculous publicity stunt - or under 12s futsal for gender awareness. They can start by offering to pack people's bags in Morrisons on Saturday morning, but I'm sure they've got lots of zany fundraising ideas of their own that can be put to good use as well. 

The Community Trust raises funds to give as many free tickets as possible to the impoverished sprogs of Inverclyde; that money is then handed over to the club in exchange for them and their guardians will have to pay £20 at the gate as well. It's a win-win-win scheme.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I miss a few every season. Fortunately this season was only 1 home game so the season cards were of tremendous value. Depending on how the fixtures fall next year it may be of better value to me to pay as I go.

My jump in cost is considerable. Last season I was £244 for myself and 2 kids (one being free, awesome) but this year due to price hikes and the free one jumping to £99 I will be £493 all in. Now I get that last year was an incredible price and my circumstances are maybe different from others but that’s over double. Not sure I can justify that outgoing to the missus...

Don't care about the 12-16 prices tbh; my bugbear (though far less important than the above) would be the insistence on keeping free tickets for under 12s. If the club needs to get more money, why should that be exempt.from the scrapheap? £50 a season is still barely £2.50 a game and is less than the next FIFA will cost you for an entire season's worth of live entertainment. Sell fifty of those then you're officially 1% of your way towards making up the shortfall: every little helps. 

The more sustainable way to encourage kids to go to the game has been done before: you give out free tickets to them in schools every so often. And who should pay for those tickets? Well I think that's a terrific opportunity for the Community Trust to finally do something worthwhile for the football club, instead of wasting everyone's time by arranging a kickabout in an old folks' home - their latest, ridiculous publicity stunt - or under 12s futsal for gender awareness. They can start by offering to pack people's bags in Morrisons on Saturday morning, but I'm sure they've got lots of zany fundraising ideas of their own that can be put to good use as well. 

The Community Trust raises funds to give as many free tickets as possible to the impoverished sprogs of Inverclyde; that money is then handed over to the club in exchange for them and their guardians will have to pay £20 at the gate as well. It's a win-win-win scheme.

I've got an idea to raise funds, it's called "Morton Club Together fur the Weans" and 'ivry buddy chips in munny'. Let's get together a big massive 'Leadership Team' before we figure out how to do it. Has anybody got thu Daily Record's phone number?

*insert signature here*

I don't think I'll bother renewing and will just go for the fan card option next season. I probably would've renewed if it was £250, which as a 25% increase on last season's early-bird ticket price seems fair enough.

I know last season's early-bird ticket prices were cheap, but there was a lot of turgid football on show for the majority of it.

Archived