Season Tickets - Page 15 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Season Tickets

Does anyone know if the club have considered continuing to sell season tickets at incremental reduction through the season? I suppose it would rely on an adequate ticketing website, but the ongoing farce of fan cards and queuing at a ticket booth might tempt people to take one when they’re clear of the summer holidays and have some extra cash.

Doubtful.

They might throw up a half ticket a few days before Christmas.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know if the club have considered continuing to sell season tickets at incremental reduction through the season? I suppose it would rely on an adequate ticketing website, but the ongoing farce of fan cards and queuing at a ticket booth might tempt people to take one when they’re clear of the summer holidays and have some extra cash.

That is exactly what i was thinking. I wasn't able to buy one before now and in fact have already missed the first home game and probably the next one. I know I'll definitely miss at least two ore throughout the season, so as it stands it wouldn't be viable for me  to buy one. It makes sound business sense to sell an incremental one at an sliding incremental price. 

I forgot though, it's Morton we're talking about! 

Run Silent, Run Deep...

"Men who go to sea in Submarines are nothing but pirates in His Majesties uniform" Admiral of the Fleet Lord Jellicoe

That is exactly what i was thinking. I wasn't able to buy one before now and in fact have already missed the first home game and probably the next one. I know I'll definitely miss at least two ore throughout the season, so as it stands it wouldn't be viable for me to buy one. It makes sound business sense to sell an incremental one at an sliding incremental price.

As far as I know there's not many teams that do that as it makes more business sense for them to get the money up front or charge full price if people don't commit.

There could be options of a half season ticket or even 9 games where there's a saving though but this isn't just a Morton thing.

That is exactly what i was thinking. I wasn't able to buy one before now and in fact have already missed the first home game and probably the next one. I know I'll definitely miss at least two ore throughout the season, so as it stands it wouldn't be viable for me to buy one. It makes sound business sense to sell an incremental one at an sliding incremental price.

Yeah, to say 'it' a Morton' is harsh when that's not really a common thing to start with.

It isn't a bad suggestion that could be put to them to be innovative but when the season ticket only saves you the cost of a couple of games, incremental discount would make it even more paltry therefore the take up is likely to be so low the effort in setting it up is hardly worth it.

The fan card is likely the better solution for that type of customer as it limits the risk of it not being worth it if you miss a few more games, albeit without the discount.

They could introduce a modest discount for loading money onto fan cards to incentivise additional up front spending - load the equivalent of 5 games worth, save £5 that sort of thing.

Yeah, to say 'it' a Morton' is harsh when that's not really a common thing to start with.

It isn't a bad suggestion that could be put to them to be innovative but when the season ticket only saves you the cost of a couple of games, incremental discount would make it even more paltry therefore the take up is likely to be so low the effort in setting it up is hardly worth it.

The fan card is likely the better solution for that type of customer as it limits the risk of it not being worth it if you miss a few more games, albeit without the discount.

They could introduce a modest discount for loading money onto fan cards to incentivise additional up front spending - load the equivalent of 5 games worth, save £5 that sort of thing.

From the club's perspective it's probably not a great idea to release something like this in the first quarter of the league campaign, you could end up in a situation where people that rather than a season ticket if they know they'll miss maybe 3 or 4 league games across the season. Offering packages of 3-5 home matches at a time (especially if we have an important home fixture coming up), along with a half season ticket would be a far better strategy IMO. 

It works especially well with the fan-card scenario if we can use the incentive to get contact details for casual supporters who the commercial team can reach out to with more products (I know, I know, it's Morton etc). 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

It works especially well with the fan-card scenario if we can use the incentive to get contact details for casual supporters who the commercial team can reach out to with more products (I know, I know, it's Morton etc).

And just like that they send out a marketing email about the Beacon event.

And just like that they send out a marketing email about the Beacon event.

I just assumed the mailing list was under a pile of programmes for the Gatafe friendly, old warning letters that Warren didn't get a chance to send out or stored at the bottom of the box with this kit in it; 

Morton-Strip-16-17.jpg

I just assumed the mailing list was under a pile of programmes for the Gatafe friendly, old warning letters that Warren didn't get a chance to send out or stored at the bottom of the box with this kit in it;

Morton-Strip-16-17.jpg

That was an absolute shocker of a kit. Who I the name of fuck saw it and thought... "that's the one, that's a topper. And you know it'll look ace with our one pounders logo and slogan".
MORTON - NEWCASTLE

That was an absolute shocker of a kit. Who I the name of fuck saw it and thought... "that's the one, that's a topper. And you know it'll look ace with our one pounders logo and slogan".

To be fair them pink shoes in the background probably make it look worse than it is.

It was the epitomy of the 'fuck it, that'll do, the fans just like it or lump it' attitude of the old, old CEO. Cheapest possible kit, badge and quickly iron on a sponsor. Absolutely horrendous.

It was the epitomy of the 'fuck it, that'll do, the fans just like it or lump it' attitude of the old, old CEO. Cheapest possible kit, badge and quickly iron on a sponsor. Absolutely horrendous.

His problem was no attention to detail. At the same time though the whole design out own bespoke one has been our most popular tops ever. I've said it a few times but he's an ideas guy and not a leader.

Maybe just me, but I'm not that keen on the voting thing. None of them have been that great, and the training gear is rubbish (and has been since Bukta).

Doesn't matter. Commercially it's the most successful and that's what matters. Next step is to capitalise on that.

Archived