Morton Club Together Updates - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Club Together Updates

Admin

Further to this request that I made to Mr. McLennan for him to tell me who is involved in MCT, and his insistence that ”It's no secret who is involved and we've announced on twitter who the players in the MCT LT are”, to use his own words, I was advised by a friend that it might be worth trawling through Twitter after all, instead of waiting for the information to be placed on my lap (how lazy of me, it’s not as if they’re wanting my money or anything).

Anyway, having gone onto their Twitter, and subsequently their website, I was pretty surprised to read the following;

https://mortonclubtogether.com/QuestionAndAnswer.html

“The most prominent members who have agreed to be named are Graham McLennan, Frank McNeil, Stuart McCartney, Kieran McLennan (Graham’s eldest son) and Graham Barr.”

This piece was dated 27th April, and on 20th May Mr McLennan told us there are no secrets. I’m sorry, but this simply isn’t true. All I’ve asked for all along is transparency, which I don’t think is an unreasonable request, but it seems to be beyond MCT in it’s current form.

Until such time as this is addressed, I’m afraid I can’t bring myself to commit to a body who’s not prepared to tell me exactly what I want to know, and when I specifically ask them to point out something that might not show them telling the whole truth, just ignore the question in the hope it’ll go away.

I’m not prepared to have people who refuse to identify themselves be responsible for my money- it’s ridiculous that MCT allow members of their Leadership Team to remain anonymous whilst expecting well meaning fans to stump up.

'MCT ask me anything' doesn't imply you'll get an answer.

This 'Leadership Team' was helluva quick at getting itself established though, wasn't it?

*insert signature here*

This 'Leadership Team' was helluva quick at getting itself established though, wasn't it?

And it comes complete with an inner secret cabal.

It's certainly not the transparency and openness that was trumpeted on the scheme's launch.

Edited by Cappiecat 1.2

Playing what?

You were trying to imply that I was some kind of cheapskate for not participating in a scheme which I think is very poorly thought through.

There is even some very serious flaws with this scheme which haven't even been covered yet, which at best can be described as misleading but at worst fraudulent, and could potentially sink the scheme before it even starts.

I would be more than willing to commit to the right scheme, this isn't it. I'm entitled to my opinion even if you don't like it.

• Upvote 2

*insert signature here*

You were trying to imply that I was some kind of cheapskate for not participating in a scheme which I think is very poorly thought through.

There is even some very serious flaws with this scheme which haven't even been covered yet, which at best can be described as misleading but at worst fraudulent, and could potentially sink the scheme before it even starts.

I would be more than willing to commit to the right scheme, this isn't it. I'm entitled to my opinion even if you don't like it.

Think what you want, we’re all entitled to our own opinions, eh?

What are, in your opinion, the serious flaws which haven’t been covered yet?

Schemes like this will always have teething problems and there will be issues which will gradually get ironed out as it progresses. You seem to be going out your way to get ripped right into it though. Continually referring to it as “hairbrained”, claiming the guys running it are making it up as they go along, mocking the fact they’ve got a few ex-players on board to try and promote the scheme etc etc.

You’re getting very wound up at a scheme where another Morton fan has actually got off his arse and trying to make a change.

You were trying to imply that I was some kind of cheapskate

I'll be honest with you; that's exactly how I'm interpreting your posts on the matter. £2.50 a week is a small price to pay even with any reservations you may have.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Think what you want, we’re all entitled to our own opinions, eh?

What are, in your opinion, the serious flaws which haven’t been covered yet?

Schemes like this will always have teething problems and there will be issues which will gradually get ironed out as it progresses. You seem to be going out your way to get ripped right into it though. Continually referring to it as “hairbrained”, claiming the guys running it are making it up as they go along, mocking the fact they’ve got a few ex-players on board to try and promote the scheme etc etc.

You’re getting very wound up at a scheme where another Morton fan has actually got off his arse and trying to make a change.

Well said mate.

TIME FOR CHANGE!