Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Morton Club Together Updates

4 hours ago, ChampTon said:

I would be quite keen to keep Dave Mckinnon in his current role if possible. 

Not sure if that's a popular view or not. 

Hi Dave 👋 

• Upvote 1

On 7/17/2020 at 7:20 PM, vikingTON said:

It'll have to be a more hands-on approach if these additional cost-cutting measures are to be acheived. 

Of course, although I'd guess (or hope) MCT will be able to work with the club over the next few months to get a proper overview of how things run and have plans in place for implementation straight away.

The first place to save money is usually shedding staff, but there isn't a particularly big admin staff in place already. Appointing a Marketing Manager who manages the website and social media output would be a good start.

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

12 hours ago, hayfever said:

Of course, although I'd guess (or hope) MCT will be able to work with the club over the next few months to get a proper overview of how things run and have plans in place for implementation straight away.

The first place to save money is usually shedding staff, but there isn't a particularly big admin staff in place already. Appointing a Marketing Manager who manages the website and social media output would be a good start.

Appointing a marketing manager might well be a good idea in the long run but it quite clearly costs money up front rather than saving it. MCT claim from afar to be able to make cuts right now so I'm sure the chief executive will be thrilled to learn of the Byzantine splendour that he has overlooked over the past twelve months. Maybe it's got something to do with the secret toaster room again, or Max siphoning off the leccy and Wifi for the Norseman.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

9 hours ago, vikingTON said:

Appointing a marketing manager might well be a good idea in the long run but it quite clearly costs money up front rather than saving it. MCT claim from afar to be able to make cuts right now so I'm sure the chief executive will be thrilled to learn of the Byzantine splendour that he has overlooked over the past twelve months. Maybe it's got something to do with the secret toaster room again, or Max siphoning off the leccy and Wifi for the Norseman.

Yeah fair enough. but if we want better supporter engagement, regular updates and a website that is useful and full of content then someone actively employed to do that is required surely?

Perhaps part-time initially to save costs, especially when there's less games and no matchday/stadium specific updates to provide...

But you're still immediately adding costs rather than getting rid of them, as MCT claimed they'd be able to do straight off the bat. And unlike the past twenty years, you can't just bung those on an IOU to GC or even in a worst case secure a credit facility against the ground. If you want to add a salaried commercial manager to a break-even organisation then you have to either increase your income first or something/somebody else needs to go at the club. I'm not convinced that this would be the best use of club resources but even if it is, the initial outlay before it pays off over time has to come from somewhere.

There's no getting round the very tight financial position GMFC will be in from Day 1 of the new regime and blithe statements like 'och we can cut costs and raise income at the same time' before MCT have even taken over do not lend them greater credibility.

• Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

If you want to add a salaried commercial manager to a break-even organisation

Got a commercial manager already, do we not? 

6 hours ago, EdinTon said:

Got a commercial manager already, do we not? 

I meant marketing manager, though the idea that we would even need to have separate posts for this seems far-fetched enough to me: it's not exactly Walmart we're overseeing here.

• Upvote 1

There's also a Media Assistant on the staff list, so perhaps he can carry out the kind of things I'm talking about - better online engagement and content from the club - rather than hiring a Marketing Manager initially.

Regular website updates, social media interaction and player/club/community focused content are a must.

1 hour ago, irnbru said:

I like Graham but I don't think he's the guy who should be answering questions. 

Why is that exactly? 

• Upvote 1

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

1 hour ago, irnbru said:

I like Graham but I don't think he's the guy who should be answering questions. 

He's the Communications Director of MCT. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

Why is that exactly? 

There's a lot of questions about then cost savings, lack of assert ownership etc and he doesn't have the answers as he's recently appointed and doesn't have them. 

I'm a member of mct and worked with Graham before but a lot of people have suspicions so I feel he's been thrown to the lions a bit when is role is marketing. Its too early for purely promotion. 

• Downvote 3

It isn’t. We need to strike while the iron’s hot and get as much media coverage as possible to get members signed up early doors.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

It isn’t. We need to strike while the iron’s hot and get as much media coverage as possible to get members signed up early doors.

When they first launched I think MCT were premature with a lot of stuff, but now is the time to push the hype far and wide, and I'm glad they're doing so.

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

12 hours ago, irnbru said:

There's a lot of questions about then cost savings, lack of assert ownership etc and he doesn't have the answers as he's recently appointed and doesn't have them. 

I'm a member of mct and worked with Graham before but a lot of people have suspicions so I feel he's been thrown to the lions a bit when is role is marketing. Its too early for purely promotion. 

Flogging a dead horse.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

He's only recently appointed as a director, as far as I know Graham has been on board with MCT pretty much since it's inception. 

Until the announcement, any press coverage revolved around Graham McLennan, which raised legitimate concerns that MCT was nothing more than a one-man-band or a vehicle to boost a single ego. All five directors facing the media and facing tough questions highlights the strength of the team that has been assembled. Why on earth would you want to shield the media and communications director away from the media? Did Graham say anything in his interview that contradicts anything said by any other MCT director since the takeover announcement? 

Nah, probably not and on reflection it's a harsh/drunk post. 

Like I said I'm behind the idea but I think there's a few questions that need answers and I don't think Graham is the person to answer but the approach between mct and Rae kind of mitigates is since there's a transition. 

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, irnbru said:

Nah, probably not and on reflection it's a harsh/drunk post. 

Like I said I'm behind the idea but I think there's a few questions that need answers and I don't think Graham is the person to answer but the approach between mct and Rae kind of mitigates is since there's a transition. 

I think you're firmly in 'splitting hairs' territory here. 

• Upvote 1

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

No, he's actually marooned in the vast, bleak wilderness known as 'scrambling for relevance', ever since his beloved Trust was punted with absolutely zero fanfare into the dustbin of history.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

I think you're firmly in 'splitting hairs' territory here. 

Not at all. Anyone I've spoken to has the same questions that haven't really been answered so it would be good to get another Q&A (quite a few from the last one didn't get answered like was promised). 

• Downvote 1

On 7/26/2020 at 12:11 AM, irnbru said:

Not at all. Anyone I've spoken to has the same questions that haven't really been answered so it would be good to get another Q&A (quite a few from the last one didn't get answered like was promised). 

Have you asked anymore questions that you’d like answered? As far as I could see they answered what was asked of them from all of the comments back on the announcement the other week.