Morton Club Together Updates - Page 41 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Club Together Updates

Admin

• 2 weeks later...

20201213_161517.jpg

Dear Members,

Hopefully you enjoyed yesterday’s fantastic three points, we certainly did!

Having sold out, we are now in a position to announce the amount raised for Inverclyde Foodbank from the sale of our MCT face masks.

We are delighted to say that following the sale of 240 masks, we have raised an incredible £700 for the Foodbank!

Thank you to everyone who purchased the masks, they have now all been posted and should be arriving with you soon if they haven’t already.

This donation should go a long way towards helping some of the most vulnerable people in the local community over the Christmas period, so thank you for helping make that possible.

Thanks,

MCT Team

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, MCT Team said:

20201213_161517.jpg

Dear Members,

Hopefully you enjoyed yesterday’s fantastic three points, we certainly did!

Having sold out, we are now in a position to announce the amount raised for Inverclyde Foodbank from the sale of our MCT face masks.

We are delighted to say that following the sale of 240 masks, we have raised an incredible £700 for the Foodbank!

Thank you to everyone who purchased the masks, they have now all been posted and should be arriving with you soon if they haven’t already.

This donation should go a long way towards helping some of the most vulnerable people in the local community over the Christmas period, so thank you for helping make that possible.

Thanks,

MCT Team

Hadn’t realised the money was going to the foodbank rather than to diluting Crawford’s input to the club further. I’d have bought one if I’d known that.

• Upvote 1

I’m led to believe that MCT regularly monitors this forum. I’m hoping you will have seen the wide and varied discussions in the other threads, but can I urge MCT to release a further statement?

Things have moved on a lot since the last (very welcome) statement, and fans need an update.

I've not really kept up to speed with everything so apologies but I really think MCT should be withholding all payments until Crawford Rae clarifies his position.  This is precisely why I've never been been committed to donating to MCT, I don't trust the man one bit and I feel he's conning the supporters.  Hand the stadium back over and get out the club Rae, let the fans deal with the shit storm YOU'VE created.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

I'd like to hear from MCT if the stories being reported by the gutter press bear any resemblance to the truth. Is there a chance of Morton not seeing the new year or seeing out the season?

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Q&A from MCT in July. Strange that this has become such a hot topic in the past couple of weeks when it has been public knowledge for months. 

The terms of the lease are still under negotiation. What has been agreed is the outline of the deal. The lease fee or annual rent will be minimal. It will NOT be a market value rent. It will be a repairing and insuring lease, which means that the club will be required to maintain the stadium to at least the same standard as it is at present. This does not preclude us from making improvements to the stadium. The lease will run for as long as MCT is the owner of Morton. The lease will preclude any significant increase in rent – it will continue to be a nominal rent for the duration.

I 

5 minutes ago, piehutt said:

Q&A from MCT in July. Strange that this has become such a hot topic in the past couple of weeks when it has been public knowledge for months. 

The terms of the lease are still under negotiation. What has been agreed is the outline of the deal. The lease fee or annual rent will be minimal. It will NOT be a market value rent. It will be a repairing and insuring lease, which means that the club will be required to maintain the stadium to at least the same standard as it is at present. This does not preclude us from making improvements to the stadium. The lease will run for as long as MCT is the owner of Morton. The lease will preclude any significant increase in rent – it will continue to be a nominal rent for the duration.

I 

It was always an issue - they've just shown their incompetence again recently

49 minutes ago, piehutt said:

I 

Read more of this thread. It was the hot topic when the takeover was announced.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

View this email in your browser
ac9456b9-4981-48c4-945e-41bb6c9438b5.png

Dear Members,

Please see the below update from Morton Club Together which has been issued on our website and social media platform:

Following the resignation of the Manager there has been significant unhappiness and concern voiced by fans.  This was compounded by a follow up story in the Greenock Telegraph yesterday with several concerning comments, followed by an article in a national publication discussing the perilous position of a number of Championship clubs.  We are also aware of an online petition that has gained many signatures that relates to the future ownership of Cappielow.  

At Morton Club Together (MCT), we understand and share many of your concerns.  The purpose of this statement will be to give you as many answers as we are in a position to provide.

First of all, we want to assure fans that, as far as MCT are aware, the club is not on the brink of going into administration.  As outlined last week in our statement, the financial situation is certainly difficult right now, and the next few months are going to be tough, but everyone is working tirelessly to ensure the club is in as positive a position as possible.  

With regards to yesterday’s Greenock Telegraph article, we would also like to share with you what we know.  If David Hopkin was paying players money directly, he was doing so without the knowledge of the football club’s Board.  Greenock Morton has never failed to pay players contracted wages.

In addition, player meals were one of the necessary budget cuts made at the beginning of the season as part of the cost-cutting efforts to ensure the survival of the club.  The players took the decision that they would chip in and keep the team meals going.  If David Hopkin was subsidising this, it was through his own choice. The playing and coaching staff were asked to reduce their wages this year to assist the club. All players agreed to do this. They are a credit to Morton.

Despite the budget cuts, the club put together a budget which allowed the signing of a first team squad of 22 players.  We have noted comments that it was due to budget constraints that we only have one first team keeper, but it is clear that with a squad of 22, two goalkeepers could have been accommodated.  

We fully understand the frustration of supporters at this time, but we felt it important to outline our understanding of these matters.

Despite what you may have read in the press and on social media, the club has a credit balance in the bank and is currently in no danger of administration. MCT has been assured by the Rae family and Golden Casket that they will continue to underwrite the financial security of the club until the end of the season. Any comparison with the stewardship of Hugh Scott is both inaccurate and deeply offensive.

We would also like to provide clarity around the issue surrounding Cappielow when MCT take ownership of the club.  

Cappielow is the club’s spiritual home and MCT understands the strong desire of fans to be in ownership of the stadium as part of Community Ownership.  

When the potential of Community Ownership arose in the summer, MCT advised that a proposition had been suggested in early negotiations where in any transfer of shareholding to MCT, the stadium would be retained by the present majority shareholder.  

As was explained at the time, the strategy behind this was that in any future event, should MCT ownership of the club fail, then the ground would be protected from any potential creditors should the club experience any financial problems.  

There have been several valid questions and concern raised over this arrangement. This proposal was an outline position, and the details were still to be agreed, however, future ownership of the ground is central to our negotiations on the terms of the lease.

The present position on this has not altered and the stadium issue is contained within a legal document which has been drafted by our solicitors as part of overall transfer of shares in the club. This document was issued to the club’s solicitors some months ago and we await the response on the finer points including the potential route to ownership of Cappielow.  

We are advised that there are a few minor issues requiring investigation by the club's advisors before any final legal draft can be reached on the potential transfer of shares and the detail on Cappielow.  

The intention is that once an agreement is reached that the detail is shared to members and the wider fan base on the key parts of MCT’s proposal to take ownership of the club. This intends to include our business plan; our proposed governance model and the detail around Cappielow.

We would ask members and the wider fan base to understand that the details are both complicated and time consuming to conclude. However, many hours have been put into this by MCT through its team of volunteers and progress has been achieved.  

We realise there is, at present, an immense level of unhappiness and disillusionment expressed by several people and in relation to MCT’s position on this we can only ask for continued patience on this issue. We would restate that this is complicated, and it is not a simple task that is being undertaken.

As mentioned, we fully understand and share your concerns.  Over the last week, MCT has reached the milestone of 700 members.  We fully believe Community Ownership is the fresh start the club desperately needs.  

We are committed to making Community Ownership a success, and we are fully committed to giving you all a club you can be proud of and can be part of.

We would like to finish on a positive note and put on record that despite the rollercoaster week for the club, the players have responded superbly and our away win at Dunfermline is testament to their professionalism and dedication and we thank them for this.

Thanks,
MCT Team

Copyright © 2020 Morton Club Together, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in via our website.

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp

open.php?u=bed32e84e49e39393352f8d72&id=

• Upvote 2

Right, so the narrative is obviously that the media have blown things out of proportion, hysteria etc...

But, we literally put out a statement a week ago talking about how we couldn’t afford our manager? 6 or 7 players are (allegedly) going this window? I guess it’s the Rae’s conforming they won’t let us completely die but we’re severely lacking in answers as of to what’s going on here and why it happened. 

The part about the stadium is encouraging.

The part about the 22 man squad and no 'keeper is a bit of a shanner because it doesn't address the rumors that we're trying to downsize the squad, nor does it address how we ended up with such a squad in the first place if we're going to just bin players a couple of months later.

Overall there is more reason to be positive after that announcement but it still doesn't clarify everything to do with the recent drama.

EOho8Pw.png

I think it's a measured statement that covers some of the areas of concern and puts a bit more context around the budget issue that's blown up since Hopkins departure. I don't have huge issue with what MCT say on Cappielow as that was always going to be a tricky problem but I'm relieved that although our financial position is very difficult it is not quite as grim as it's been painted.

Thought it fully explained everything we need to know for the time being.

Despite whatever you may think of current and past events, a call for calm in needed.

I think it has been noted that 100K per month is needed to keep the light on and current levels of fan support while greatly appreciated just does not meet the need of the monthly budget.

Here comes the hard bit, lets show your support for MCT and GMFC, by increasing your monthly subscription. MCT need all of the goodwill possible and I personally think its time for Morton supporters everywhere to man up and back MCT and GMFC.

You can object all you like, but if the team and the club goes to the wall, well I suspect we may all have had a hand in helping it there.

Hope my mutual and ever efficient fellow fans thread police on this forum appreciate the housekeeping.....

• Downvote 3

That gives some clarity which the club have been failing to provide. There are still major questions here which need answers - appreciate that some of those are for the club to reveal rather than MCT - and it's right that Golden Casket have completely lost the slightest element of trust from the support in light of the events of the last week, but it's a massive relief to know the situation isn't as bad as was being made out and there are no concerns about players being paid in full or the club imminently going under.

That said, it was the club themselves that spoke of serious financial issues and used the exact words "if we are to survive" in the statement announcing Hopkin's departure so this can't be put down to media hysteria, even if we did have a classic case of Keith Jackson taking a kernel of truth and constructing a mountain of baseless speculation with talk of clubs not making it to the end of the month. It was Crawford Rae's own statement that unleashed this and turned the fanbase at large from a common position on the stadium of concerned but willing to wait and see what happens with the lease into vociferous opposition to any kind of continued involvement from Golden Casket.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Aye as Dunning says Jackson might’ve added fuel to the flames and put a timescale on things because he’s a prick, but all of this was started by Morton. As early as September when we already asking for more money, right through to last week’s horror show of a statement. There was nothing to suggest we were anything other than gubbed. 

At last smoke from the chimney that addresses some of the issues but difficult to believe we are on anything other than life support potentially requiring the club to take on more debt with GC. Maybe the lesson to learn is, to avoid speculation and any 'misunderstandings', the club and MCT need to communicate more effectively. 

As an aside is there any sign of the much talked up corporate sponsors that realistically are required for MCT to be a success?

A good statement, hopefully this is a sign that members of MCT being on the club board provides additional clarity and transparency to the support. Good hear membership numbers are rising as well.

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange