Morton Club Together Updates - Page 37 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Club Together Updates

Admin

30 minutes ago, ChampTon said:

I would be quite keen to keep Dave Mckinnon in his current role if possible. 

Not sure if that's a popular view or not. 

*Waves to Dave*

• Upvote 2

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

10 hours ago, hayfever said:

I would think that if and when they take control the 'owners own, and managers manage'.

The people running MCT can continue to do that, while appointed club staff run the club working under a competent and experienced Chief Exec (which may well remain DMcK). MCT members may of course be on the club board, but (at least eventually) shouldn't need to be involved in the day-to-day running of the place.

As long as decent appointments are in place the actual running of the club should be fine (or at least no worse than it has been at times in the past!)

It'll have to be a more hands-on approach if these additional cost-cutting measures are to be acheived. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

20 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

It'll have to be a more hands-on approach if these additional cost-cutting measures are to be acheived. 

Yep, the these savings will have to be offset quite a bit by paying people to do the work. 

Hopefully they suggest them over the course of this season and we get a bit more detail on it. 

On 7/17/2020 at 7:20 PM, vikingTON said:

Of course, although I'd guess (or hope) MCT will be able to work with the club over the next few months to get a proper overview of how things run and have plans in place for implementation straight away.

The first place to save money is usually shedding staff, but there isn't a particularly big admin staff in place already. Appointing a Marketing Manager who manages the website and social media output would be a good start.

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

12 hours ago, hayfever said:

Of course, although I'd guess (or hope) MCT will be able to work with the club over the next few months to get a proper overview of how things run and have plans in place for implementation straight away.

The first place to save money is usually shedding staff, but there isn't a particularly big admin staff in place already. Appointing a Marketing Manager who manages the website and social media output would be a good start.

Appointing a marketing manager might well be a good idea in the long run but it quite clearly costs money up front rather than saving it. MCT claim from afar to be able to make cuts right now so I'm sure the chief executive will be thrilled to learn of the Byzantine splendour that he has overlooked over the past twelve months. Maybe it's got something to do with the secret toaster room again, or Max siphoning off the leccy and Wifi for the Norseman.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

9 hours ago, vikingTON said:

Appointing a marketing manager might well be a good idea in the long run but it quite clearly costs money up front rather than saving it. MCT claim from afar to be able to make cuts right now so I'm sure the chief executive will be thrilled to learn of the Byzantine splendour that he has overlooked over the past twelve months. Maybe it's got something to do with the secret toaster room again, or Max siphoning off the leccy and Wifi for the Norseman.

Yeah fair enough. but if we want better supporter engagement, regular updates and a website that is useful and full of content then someone actively employed to do that is required surely?

Perhaps part-time initially to save costs, especially when there's less games and no matchday/stadium specific updates to provide...

But you're still immediately adding costs rather than getting rid of them, as MCT claimed they'd be able to do straight off the bat. And unlike the past twenty years, you can't just bung those on an IOU to GC or even in a worst case secure a credit facility against the ground. If you want to add a salaried commercial manager to a break-even organisation then you have to either increase your income first or something/somebody else needs to go at the club. I'm not convinced that this would be the best use of club resources but even if it is, the initial outlay before it pays off over time has to come from somewhere.

There's no getting round the very tight financial position GMFC will be in from Day 1 of the new regime and blithe statements like 'och we can cut costs and raise income at the same time' before MCT have even taken over do not lend them greater credibility.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, EdinTon said:

Got a commercial manager already, do we not? 

I meant marketing manager, though the idea that we would even need to have separate posts for this seems far-fetched enough to me: it's not exactly Walmart we're overseeing here.

• Upvote 1

There's also a Media Assistant on the staff list, so perhaps he can carry out the kind of things I'm talking about - better online engagement and content from the club - rather than hiring a Marketing Manager initially.

Regular website updates, social media interaction and player/club/community focused content are a must.