Morton Club Together Updates - Page 35 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Club Together Updates

Admin

With the potential  for the club and Cappielow to be split into two separate entities, what is going to happen to the shares that many of us have in GMFC?

Edited by Waverley
spelling

2 hours ago, Waverley said:

With the potential  for the club and Cappielow to be split into two separate entities, what is going to happen to the shares that many of us have in GMFC?

Your shares are in GMFC Ltd and will be unchanged.

Cappielow is owned by GMFC (Property) Ltd.

Screenshot_20200712-020706.png

13 hours ago, TheGoon said:

This upcoming season will certainly be one where we’re just looking to stay in the division. The budget means under normal circumstances we probably wouldn’t be far off anyway. It’ll naturally take a while for MCT to get settled next year, but we can’t really afford to write that season off as well (serious apathy is likely to set in - even early on) 

Any division that includes Alloa, Arbroath, Ayr, Queen of the South and Raith isn't one in which mere survival is a credible target. We should be aiming to do slightly better than last season as well as in 2018/19 given how weak the rest of the division will be with the possible exception of Hearts. I'm not suggesting that this will be an easy task given the transition that will also be underway but we have a chief executive and manager who have experience of working at this level and now a year's understanding of this club as well: this is the point when you expect to see the benefits of that knowledge paying out.

Speaking of paying out, it looks like the job retention bonus announced by the government last week could land the club a windfall of £10k or more (£1k per employee) as well, based on how many players re-sign and paid backroom staff were furloughed and return. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I see that MCT have had an increase of 128 new members since the announcement - that’s pretty good going in less than a week! 30% increase in 5 days is pretty impressive. 

Given that a lot of existing members have also increased their contributions in that time, I’d be keen to know what the total monthly contribution value is now.

Just signed up, change is requires as we were stagnant in recent years. The Rae's  have done a good job since Scott era but time to move forward and great to see so many fans following suit

• Upvote 2

forever optimistic

10 hours ago, StuartTon said:

An extra £20k per year from the new members over the last week alone - decent sum.

That's an extra signing at this level.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Even around the 800 mark would be a great start.

If memory serves, the 440 members we had were contributing around £9k p.c.m to the club. If we get to 800, we would then be talking £17-18k per month; around £200k per year.

If you then assume we will have around 5 “patrons” paying £25k each per season, that’s another £125k per season, taking the total to £325k per year.

Given MCT feel they can also identify efficiencies in the running of the club, and that we currently lose around £200k per year, you would assume that should mean we would then “lose” maybe £100k per season based on our current income, but with an extra £325k coming in on top of that, we should surely be looking at breaking even at the very least.

2 minutes ago, Woody66 said:

The initial period for MCT members to contribute was two years, ending after this new season. Can we assume a new target will be put to the members?

Surely the new targets will be a profitable and successful club. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

19 minutes ago, Woody66 said:

The initial period for MCT members to contribute was two years, ending after this new season. Can we assume a new target will be put to the members?

What an odd statement; surely it will now be on an ongoing basis given they will own the club..?

What would help is the ability to amend your existing donation rather than having to set up a whole new one that's deducted at a different time of the month. Also, allowing international donations (or Paypal or similar) to take advantage of the many ex-pats who I'm sure would be keen to contribute.

• Upvote 1

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

On 7/12/2020 at 3:14 PM, StuartTon said:

I see that MCT have had an increase of 128 new members since the announcement - that’s pretty good going in less than a week! 30% increase in 5 days is pretty impressive. 

Given that a lot of existing members have also increased their contributions in that time, I’d be keen to know what the total monthly contribution value is now.

MCT web site gives you the current committed value of realised pledges

Edited by Ton4life

3 hours ago, Ton4life said:

MCT web site gives you the current committed value of realised pledges

It's just occurred to me that I'm probably counted as two members, seeing as I have two separate pledges, so I suppose it's amount pledged rather than number of 'members' signed up that actually counts.

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

3 hours ago, hayfever said:

It's just occurred to me that I'm probably counted as two members, seeing as I have two separate pledges, so I suppose it's amount pledged rather than number of 'members' signed up that actually counts.

I upped my pledge and wondered the same thing. Was assured by the MCT team that it only counted once and that my new pledged amount is added to my previous one. 

11 hours ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

Surely the new targets will be a profitable and successful club. 

Hopefully. My point is, will MCT seek to continue asking members for a regular payment after their pledge period has finished?