Morton Club Together Updates - Page 33 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Club Together Updates

Admin

8 hours ago, TheGoon said:

What would we expect memberships to settle around then? I would like to think we could double what we currently have, though that’d be pretty ambitious.

No idea if it updates automatically or someone does it manually, but going by the membership counter on the website it's gone up about 30 already since the announcement. That's pretty impressive and you'd expect another boost today as word gets around and it's picked up by more media outlets.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

5 hours ago, TRVMP said:

I wasn't there so I didn't hear it, but I'd be very surprised if they had these patrons pegged as all individual people. I assume, instead, that they're wanting corporate patrons, who'll get something resembling a top-tier membership, with the exposure to match. I think this would be an eminently sensible approach, and would have the side benefit of getting a larger array of local companies (and their associated personages) involved, with a view to greater cooperation and sponsorship.

I suppose its that level of detail they need to be a bit clearer on and work on over the next few months! 

1 hour ago, steveoath said:

No "millions" on the shirts then from next summer? That's a win isn't it?

It would take some getting adjusted to. Like an Inter kit without Pirelli on the front of it. Just doesn't look right. 

14 minutes ago, Hej said:

It would take some getting adjusted to. Like an Inter kit without Pirelli on the front of it. Just doesn't look right. 

As long as isn't something stupid. Working be reluctant for any sort of raffle for shirt sponsorship due to the chances of that.

Could easily be McGill's if they aren't put off by the ownership development.

MCT should get on the phone to Wall's Ice Cream.

'How would you like to sponsor a club who's fans actually sing about your product?'

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jamie_M said:

As long as isn't something stupid. Working be reluctant for any sort of raffle for shirt sponsorship due to the chances of that.

'How would you like to sponsor a club who's fans actually sing about your product?'

Not for me...

1200px-Wall's_Logo.svg.png

McGills would look decent though, not garish and colours fit. Would be happy with that as long we were getting a good deal.

3 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

However

cornetto-logo-700x500.jpg

• Upvote 2

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

15 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

They were not interested the last time they were contacted.

• Downvote 3
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

10 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Fuck. Wish I had known that when the Mrs asked if I fancied pizza last night, my 'no' meant the option would never be an option again.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Upvote 1

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

24 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

I thought the deal was always GC paid very little for it and we just used them as a sponsor because they “kept the lights on”

The Board always maintained GC paid the going rate for shirt sponsorship. 

2 hours ago, 9 Strathblane Crescent said:

They were not interested the last time they were contacted.

:lol: :lol:

I wondered when No.9 Strathblane Duncan was going to grace us with his presence on this subject.

• Upvote 2

*insert signature here*

3 hours ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

On the sponsorship subject.

They said last night that they'd been asked if GC were paying the going rate for shirt sponsorship and replied that they had been in contact with other clubs in an effort to find out what the going rate actually was before going any further.

I'm sure this has been asked at AGMs in the past and they said the backing from GC was above average for our league - not sure if this was just in relation to sponsorship money though. 

Screaming into the abyss here I know, but our Twitter still hasn’t mentioned the most significant development at the club since 2000. I don’t care who’s running it, that’s just incompetency at this point.

3 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Screaming into the abyss here I know, but our Twitter still hasn’t mentioned the most significant development at the club since 2000. I don’t care who’s running it, that’s just incompetency at this point.

Think it was MacKinnon running it - outside chance he could be off as a result of it. 

Said it before but this agreement could see us down to the bare bones this season since the current board won't want to run up any debt so why would they bother paying media staff, etc? 

Not saying it's right BTW, just that it's something we'll need to live with. 

4 minutes ago, irnbru said:

Think it was MacKinnon running it - outside chance he could be off as a result of it. 

Said it before but this agreement could see us down to the bare bones this season since the current board won't want to run up any debt so why would they bother paying media staff, etc? 

Not saying it's right BTW, just that it's something we'll need to live with. 

They still have MCT money topping up the first team budget. Hopefully still put a good enough team out to be competitive in mid table at the least.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg