Morton Club Together Updates - Page 28 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Club Together Updates

Admin

As outlined in the Open Letter to Fans published by Greenock Morton this afternoon, an agreement has been reached with players that will see them placed on furlough.  Morton Club Together (MCT) have been in close communication with the Club since the beginning of the current situation and have worked hard alongside them to reach best solution for the long-term sustainability of the Club.

The first thing to note, is that the ongoing contributions and additional contributions made in recent weeks have been extremely valuable and appreciated.  Since the suspension of football, the club’s cashflow has understandably been significantly affected and the backing of MCT and its members has been vital.

With the first team squad now being furloughed, we want to explain how MCT money will be used in the coming months. 

Since the players wages will be being covered by the government’s scheme, a scheme which will be extremely valuable to Morton, MCT will not be making contributions until the players are off the furlough scheme.

Looking ahead to when football resumes, this will put MCT and the Football Club in a much stronger position than would have been possible otherwise.  It means that the money that would have been contributed during this time will instead be accrued and will go towards the budget once play resumes, allowing us to potentially increase our monthly contributions by a significant amount. 

What is also important to keep in mind, is that once football does resume, it may take time for cashflow to reach its potential and therefore the support of MCT towards first team wages will be crucial for getting things back up and running. 

What this current situation has highlighted is just how important the support of MCT and all of its members has been and will be to the Football Club.  We would like to thank each and every one of you for your ongoing commitment and contributions.  There are now 430 members of MCT and we have contributed more than £50,000 to the playing budget.  Looking forward, we will be on target to significantly increase our contributions to the playing budget once play resumes. 

We realise this is a tough financial time for many people, but by continuing with your monthly contributions during this time, it will make a massive difference as outlined above.

As always, if anyone has any questions at all, please do get in touch.  You can do so by emailing enquiries@mortonclubtogether.com and we will be happy to answer any questions.

Finally, we would just like to offer one more sincere thanks to each and every one of you and say that we hope you and your families all stay safe during this difficult time.

We can’t wait to be back at Cappielow once play resumes and your support helps ensure that we will still be able to do that once this is all over and long into the future.

Thanks,

MCT Directors

Graham McLennan, Stewart Farmer, Gordon Ritchie and Ivor McCauley

TL, DR version.

The Rae's are now getting bailed out by the taxpayer. But 'ivry buddy chips in munny' should still continue for when that ceases to be an option.

*insert signature here*

^^^ scrambling for relevance

I agree. When Boris Johnson rode to the Rae's rescue, there was very little for GMST MkII to do, other than keep asking people to chip in munny.

The lesser Rae's think that were all buttoned up the back, when in reality it's only some of us.

*insert signature here*

TL, DR version.

The Rae's are now getting bailed out by the taxpayer. But 'ivry buddy chips in munny' should still continue for when that ceases to be an option.

What exactly did you expect the Raes to do in this situation? Golden Casket are already covering the wages before the government funding comes in. MCT could be vital to us continuing to operate at this level when things are back to some degree of normality.

What exactly did you expect the Raes to do in this situation? Golden Casket are already covering the wages before the government funding comes in. MCT could be vital to us continuing to operate at this level when things are back to some degree of normality.

Everyone is expected to pay for the upkeep of Morton except those who actually own the club. Not got a problem with them using the Government's Furlough scheme, as it will be the norm for football clubs to do so across the country, and Golden Casket will recoup that money when the government funds come in however it's the normal times of late which are pissing me off. It used to be that the club was run like a tuck shop. Not any more, as it's more like a charity with a perennial begging bowl.

• Upvote 1

*insert signature here*

They are covering any losses staff have in wages from their business. Like them or not they should be applauded for that.

They are covering any losses staff have in wages from their business. Like them or not they should be applauded for that.

That's not what the club statement says.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

No they're not, they are merely lending the club the money until such times it can be recouped through the government's Furlough scheme. It's only what a responsible employer should do in these circumstances.

Whether you choose to applaud them for what is merely their duty as owners is your prerogative, I think I'll save my applause until it's worthy.

• Upvote 1

*insert signature here*

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Lady Hail

Is anyone else of the opinion that MCT are making the same mistakes as GMST when it comes to dealing with the club? They are on track to become the second biggest shareholder at Cappielow just like GMST were but it won’t give them any more power than GMST had nor will it allow them to hold the owners to account either now or in the future. Would it not be better to accumulate the money with a view to buying out the Rae’s at some point in the future?

Are they not setting themselves up to be criticised for not doing more to stop the rot at Cappielow? Would they get more support if they said they were stopping buying shares and instead saving for the day they can do what SMISA are doing and getting an agreement with the Rae’s to purchase the club in instalments rather than prop up a failing boardroom team?

Isn’t MCT a kind of GMST mark 2 when it comes to GMFC?

• Downvote 2

Is anyone else of the opinion that MCT are making the same mistakes as GMST when it comes to dealing with the club? They are on track to become the second biggest shareholder at Cappielow just like GMST were but it won’t give them any more power than GMST had nor will it allow them to hold the owners to account either now or in the future. Would it not be better to accumulate the money with a view to buying out the Rae’s at some point in the future?

Are they not setting themselves up to be criticised for not doing more to stop the rot at Cappielow? Would they get more support if they said they were stopping buying shares and instead saving for the day they can do what SMISA are doing and getting an agreement with the Rae’s to purchase the club in instalments rather than prop up a failing boardroom team?

I’m not all that sure about the details but they are exploring the possibility of buying Morton over the next year (?) or so.

Would it not be better to accumulate the money with a view to buying out the Rae’s at some point in the future?

Good idea: perhaps they could put it all in a charity bucket until the day that they waltz down the QB and buy the club outright.

• Upvote 2

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Guest Lady Hail

Good idea: perhaps they could put it all in a charity bucket until the day that they waltz down the QB and buy the club outright.

If you require assistance with your low self esteem I can recommend someone.

• Downvote 2

Lord Volvic as I live and breathe!

How is Etta Crouton these days?

• Upvote 1

Guest Lady Hail

If you require assistance logging in under your previous failure of an account then I'm sure the mods will be happy to help. Until then your contributions will be automatically filed in the bin where they belong.

My offer still stands any time your ready.

• Downvote 2