Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

delboy66

David Wylie Gone...

Told this Afternoon that His skills are no longer required..

Will be sad to see him go. Probably my favourite player.

Our goalkeepers kicking might actually improve a bit now. Wonder who’s call this was? Aren’t him and Hopkin pals?

Our goalkeepers kicking might actually improve a bit now. Wonder who’s call this was? Aren’t him and Hopkin pals?

Was Wylie full time? If he was then I'd imagine they're looking towards someone part time and therefore cheaper.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Was Wylie full time? If he was then I'd imagine they're looking towards someone part time and therefore cheaper.

Or a player coach.

Or an ex keeper as manager.

Nah he had a full time job in Paisley somewhere as far as I know. Missed a couple of games for us.

He works in a bakery and was part time with us.

He's not worked at Warburtons for Year's..He was full time at Cappielow & was with Strathmore before He came back to the Club..

Used to see him at the battery coaching the youth teams with Derek Anderson and couple of other guys. Wonder if he'll still do that bit.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

It's sinful. It's tragic....

Oops, that was Pete Wylie.

Next.

You know I hate every pop star that I ever met.

Nah he had a full time job in Paisley somewhere as far as I know. Missed a couple of games for us.

Peter Houston wouldnt be in the dugout any time he got a half decent fare in his farting chariot.

You know I hate every pop star that I ever met.

Bit harsh that one, seen many keepers improve greatly under Wylie’s watch.

Bit harsh that one, seen many keepers improve greatly under Wylie’s watch.

Who?

"Now mentoring the next generation of shot-stoppers, he combined the role of goalkeeper coach with his job at Highland Spring for seven season before taking up a full-time role with the club in 2017."

Who?

Gaston to start has came on leaps and bounds since he first came here. Kevin Cuthbert the same. David McGurn improved massively when he came in. Lee Robinson was another one who was absolutely shocking when loaned to us from Rangers and got a lot better working with him. Colin Stewart to an extent as well before he completely lost it..

McGurn did improve massively, not convinced by the others. Gaston was fine when he arrived.

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

Gaston to start has came on leaps and bounds since he first came here. Kevin Cuthbert the same. David McGurn improved massively when he came in. Lee Robinson was another one who was absolutely shocking when loaned to us from Rangers and got a lot better working with him. Colin Stewart to an extent as well before he completely lost it..

Gaston hasn’t come on leaps and bounds. Gaston’s been the same level of “alright but prone to spilling a cross ball” as he was on the day he walked in the door.

McGurn? Aye, perhaps. Although I’d argue his improvement came at Raith Rovers and we never really saw the best of him.

Kevin Cuthbert was an excellent keeper at St. Johnstone, whose career was curtailed by Alan Main being the number one, I’m not buying Wylie having any real influence there.

I’m certainly not buying Robinson or Stewart- both pretty laughable claims, and we were about as happy to see both out the door when they left as we were to see Johansson swan off into the sunset the other week.

No harm to Wylie, but i’ll Not be losing any sleep over his departure. If Hopkin or whoever does come in has his own man, then great. Good to see a bit of a ruthless streak at the club.

While Gaston really lost his way for a while, he has made significant improvements to his game since joining us.

“Significant” is really pushing it.

Our keepers have been the problem for many years - was always strange how Wylie was a constant over these years as his career imploded with the past back rule - maybe why Gaston was a shot stopper and not a goal keeper as Wylie could only mentor half the Goalkeepers job...

Just bounce if you hate St Mirren

Gaston really hasn’t been ‘the problem’ for years as it has usually been the dung in front of him hindering our chances of finishing as high in the league as possible. I haven’t seen any progression in his game that couldn’t be put down to ‘basic full time training and greater match experience’ though so I’m not buying the case for a positive Wylie effect either.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Nothing against the guy but he was part of the first team coaching set up and seemed to hang on without any performance review regardless of how many managers we changed.

We should be looking at performance in all areas.

Not sure why he has been binned before the new manager comes in, whether it is cost cutting or they have someone else in mind, but he has been in the role for 10 years so a change is maybe not a bad thing.