Why do you hate Falkirk? - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Why do you hate Falkirk?

Feel this deserves a thread. This has been a great week for Morton following our swording of Falkirk last Saturday. Facebook/Twitter/P&B etc has been the source of many great jibes at those peasants. It got me thinking, theres a long list of reason why folk- not just Morton fans - seem to really dislike Fakirk. For us, in recent times, theres the obvious Snake saga, but I'd quite like to see an all encompassing list of other reasons why folk hate them.

Over to you.

Oh, and, GET DOON

• Downvote 1

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Their ingrained sense of injustice. Their incredible belief that they're still a big club in Scotland. Their public sector constructed stadium. Their shady practices in non-payment of fees due to local institutions they previously used to train at. 

They are one of the few clubs in Scotland I would genuinely wish liquidation on. 

• Upvote 1

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

The fact they done away with their youth system.

They had managed to make that set-up the heartbeat of the local boys club community and pulled the plug without any care or respect for the boys clubs who had provided them with a conveyor belt of young talent. Many youngsters had the carpet swept from under them whilst plenty of aspiring coaches were put out a job. Heard that some boys clubs stopped running as a result. And for what? To give Hartley a war chest which they absolutely blew and got relegated.

They had managed to make that set-up the heartbeat of the local boys club community and pulled the plug without any care or respect for the boys clubs who had provided them with a conveyor belt of young talent. Many youngsters had the carpet swept from under them whilst plenty of aspiring coaches were put out a job. Heard that some boys clubs stopped running as a result. And for what? To give Hartley a war chest which they absolutely blew and got relegated.

That's really not why they did it.

Not as if they looked after their youths particularly well.

• Upvote 2

AWMSC

They’ve been one of the.vilest clubs in Scottish football for years and that Helen Lovejoy pish is what swung it for you? Wake fucking wept.

• Upvote 1

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I think you're throwing the baby out with the bathwater there. 

Grangemouth's youth system, for all they traditionally attracted a good crop of players, the great players in the area are pinched by Hearts, Hibs, Rangers* and Celtic. The costs of a youth system are ever-growing and there has to be a time where clubs of our size say 'no more' and cut the chord. Bear in mind that the transfer fees they've received down the years only just offset the cost of the youth system. All it takes is two or three seasons without a sale and you're in the s***. I also fail to see how local boys clubs, who in theory have access to better players and coaches without Grangemouth in the picture, go bust because of it. 

This isn’t meant to be exhaustive, but their years of whining about how the Ess Pee Ell denied them promotion for having a crumbling wreck of a ground - at a time when they were spending all their money on first team players instead of actually trying to meet the regulations - is another reason why they are absolute fucking cunts.

Also, the fact that they should have been sent packing to the seaside leagues in 2001/02 but were granted a reprieve due to Airdrieonians’ (hilarious) demise, yet this is never accounted for in their previously mentioned, Liverpool-scale sense of injustice.

And Steven fucking Pressley.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

The behaviour of their fans at the game where Marino Keith got seriously injured sealed it for me. Utter scum that day.

Up until then they'd merely been whinging pricks with a serious sense of self-entitlement. 

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

I missed that one out. Aye, their P+B mob are the biggest shower of circle w**kers on the internet. 

I'm also looking forward to Toby's dissertation when he sees this thread. 

I think you're throwing the baby out with the bathwater there.

Grangemouth's youth system, for all they traditionally attracted a good crop of players, the great players in the area are pinched by Hearts, Hibs, Rangers* and Celtic. The costs of a youth system are ever-growing and there has to be a time where clubs of our size say 'no more' and cut the chord. Bear in mind that the transfer fees they've received down the years only just offset the cost of the youth system. All it takes is two or three seasons without a sale and you're in the s***. I also fail to see how local boys clubs, who in theory have access to better players and coaches without Grangemouth in the picture, go bust because of it.

Indeed. They were at risk of running out of cash had they carried on.

I missed that one out. Aye, their P+B mob are the biggest shower of circle w**kers on the internet.

I'm also looking forward to Toby's dissertation when he sees this thread.

I’m on the nightshift tonight, so I hope it’s worth the wait. Hopefully some time tomorrow.

Everything that comes out of their mouths, from the crowd waking to the sense of entitlement, injustice and the racism.

Also their songs. Who the fuck says their team's nickname after their name (Falkirk Bairns).

They're blue white dynamite Falkirk Bairns song. Tragic.

They sing their 'You are my Falkirk' version wrong.

The 'we are the steeple' chant was cringe as fuck.