Johansson's Future - Page 34 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Johansson's Future

Admin

Johansson's Future  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think should happen to Johansson?

• Sacked before the end of the season
    • Sacked at the end of the current season
    • Allowed to see out his contract until the end of next season
    • Given an extended contract beyond his current deal
  2. 2. What do you think will happen to Johansson?

• Sacked before the end of the season
    • Sacked at the end of the current season
    • Allowed to see out his contract until the end of next season
    • Given an extended contract beyond his current deal

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that we needed any more reasons to want shot of Johansson, but here's another one...

His signings have contributed absolutely nothing at all. The last defence for him was that he needed his own squad, he got a handful of new players in January and not one of them has made any major difference to the team. McCrorie's been alright and had some good moments, but it's hardly been a season-changing addition.

The rest half done less than nothing, yet one of them already has a new contract. The idea of allowing Johansson a summer to "assemble" a squad is horrifying.

AWMSC

I still don’t think we’ll go down, but the fact we’re so close is mental. Millar sounded completely scunnered today and it would appear attitude is a big issue in the dressing room at the minute.

I still don’t think we’ll go down, but the fact we’re so close is mental. Millar sounded completely scunnered today and it would appear attitude is a big issue in the dressing room at the minute.

Like VT you are also deluded. Continue to perform like today and we will be going down no question

We are abysmal. If we don’t go down we will be a baw hair away from it.

And if we do narrowly avoid relegation then the club will celebrate it as a fantastic achievement no doubt.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

And if we do narrowly avoid relegation then the club will celebrate it as a fantastic achievement no doubt.

The fact Anderson said words to the effect of ‘should have enough to stay up’ with regards to next season (I believe) shows the ambition of Morton.

This is us back at John Wilson Morton where the idea was stay mid table and sell a few players. Unfortunately we have not had the players good enough to make us any form of cash.

John Wilson Era to now, what progress have we made as a club?

The fact Anderson said words to the effect of ‘should have enough to stay up’ with regards to next season (I believe) shows the ambition of Morton.

This is us back at John Wilson Morton where the idea was stay mid table and sell a few players. Unfortunately we have not had the players good enough to make us any form of cash.

The Bosman thing practically ended John Wilson’s way of doing things - developing and selling on young players. Many of our squad were part time too.

Since then we have been mainly picking at the wrong end of the full time market.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

100% said words to that effect. Embarassing

TIME FOR CHANGE!

I think Scottish football is in decline, initially due to Bosman but also to football on TV and the rapacious harvesting of all available cash by the bigot brothers,using their dog whistles to persuade the punters to fund them.  Outside about the top 6 clubs, I very much doubt that any club is being run in a sustainable fashion.  The system only works if you keep putting money in.  It's like a one armed bandit; every so often you might get lucky for a short time, but then the windfall runs out, and in the long run you lose money.

Short of someone wealthy taking over, we are doomed to the middle of the championship at best, with maybe the occasional foray into the top 4.  The things is that most other similar clubs are in exactly the same boat, but we are particularly good at wasting money, mainly on poor managers and failed signings with long term injury problems.  The days of the Ritchie team are over and I doubt they will ever return.  Pretty depressing prospect supporting any lower league club.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

The Bosman thing practically ended John Wilson’s way of doing things - developing and selling on young players. Many of our squad were part time too.

Since then we have been mainly picking at the wrong end of the full time market.

Compensation and development fee rules have redressed that balance a bit now though. It's no longer about the sale price, it's what comes after.

Just this season proof in point. We sold Bachirou for what, £20k? Then the windfall of £170k.

Dundee Utd, Falkirk and others are not waiting for the income from their next player sale they are waiting for the windfall from future transfers.

It's not against the grain to focus on development again, but it is if you are Morton and your record at that, and practically everything else you have tried to do for decades, is atrocious.

I’m aware we haven’t even lost yet, but if/when we do - how has JJ shown anything to suggest he should still be in charge next season? The squad will be weaker and the division will struggle to have as much guff in it as it does this season. He has brought us far too close to relegation with a team that will in all likelihood be better than the one assembled in the summer. Unfortunately, we need a manager who’s able to make chicken salad out of chicken shit at the minute and he hasn’t even come close. By all means let him see out the rest of the season, after that he should be sent on his way.

He should’ve been binned back in December never mind now. Writing was on the wall early doors and he’s managed to make us worse. If getting Dykes signed up early is a sign of things to come, we’re fucked. There’s also a high chance we might end up relegated due to JJ and Houston - who has got far too much of a free ride btw. A man of his experience should’ve been able to get a grip of this squad.

He should’ve been binned back in December never mind now. Writing was on the wall early doors and he’s managed to make us worse. If getting Dykes signed up early is a sign of things to come, we’re ****ed. There’s also a high chance we might end up relegated due to JJ and Houston - who has got far too much of a free ride btw. A man of his experience should’ve been able to get a grip of this squad.

Totally agree re Houston. He brings nothing, no direction from the dugout. We went through years of Duffy screaming instructions from the sidelines to total silence now. I thought he would have gone after Saturday but think the game tonight was to soon to bin him and get someone else in.. Would like to think plans have been discussed if and when we get beat tonight to make changes for Saturday.

I think to many folk are under the impression that this squad is better than the place in the league they merit right now; I don’t think anyone could really’ve done much better or worse with this crowd of chancers.

Anyone under the impression JJ is going to get sacked is deluded. GC have withdrawn funds; there’s no money to sack him by all accounts.

The Ton Survived & Your Pipe Dream Died

18th September 2014

Archived