Who Is Next? - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Who Is Next?

Malt

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No he wouldn't - he left Queen of the South as a failure; why you'd expect him to do much better at a club with similar resources is baffling.

There is only one candidate who does not know the meaning of the term 'league defeat' as he currently romps through the Swedish leagues. One who would literally walk on the surface of the North Sea to manage The Famous.

This is Wake's time, and woe betide a board that passes up on that brief opportunity to appoint some proven mediocrity from Scottish football's managerial merrygoround instead.

How did he leave Queens a failure, he left because a Premiership team came in for him and continued to do well by winning a national cup and getting County into the top 6.

Would prob be the best we could get.

He is a much much better prospect than your wankbank hero!

How did he leave Queens a failure, he left because a Premiership team came in for him and continued to do well by winning a national cup and getting County into the top 6.

Would prob be the best we could get.

He is a much much better prospect than your wankbank hero!

Green dot for 'wankbank hero'.  :lol:

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

The first statement I want to hear is that we are staying full-time. After that I hope we appoint a youngish ambitious manager.

I wouldn't be disappointed with David Hopkin given his recent managerial success.

No, he took over a side that had recently made the playoffs and dragged them down to midtable mediocrity. Which is why Queens fans were not bothered at all by his departure. And Ross County fans felt the same way about his departure earlier this season.

If we're basing appointments on winning a national trophy before stinking the place out then you'd be as well touting John Hughes. These jobbers shouldn't darken the door of this once-proud club when there is a club legend and management prodigy available across the sea instead.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Mentioned him a few weeks ago and received the typical VT response

Would be an improvement on Duffy and would ensure Wake didn't get the job

Why would you want to 'ensure' that an undefeated manager and championship winner didn't get the Morton job? Other than 'being a frothing mess about getting constantly owned on the Internet' of course.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Mentioned him a few weeks ago and received the typical VT response

Would be an improvement on Duffy and would ensure Wake didn't get the job

Merely 'An improvement on Duffy' is not close enough to being what we require.

Managerless over the past 12 weeks would have been an improvement on Duffy.

There's a guy on P&B who seems somewhat ITK saying that Derek Anderson is in the running.

I'm always skeptical of youth bosses moving into senior management because it's a different skillset in many ways but he seems to be a bright and hard-working guy.

EOho8Pw.png

No, he took over a side that had recently made the playoffs and dragged them down to midtable mediocrity. Which is why Queens fans were not bothered at all by his departure. And Ross County fans felt the same way about his departure earlier this season.

If we're basing appointments on winning a national trophy before stinking the place out then you'd be as well touting John Hughes. These jobbers shouldn't darken the door of this once-proud club when there is a club legend and management prodigy available across the sea instead.

What pish are you talking. He took them to the playoffs in his only full season with them!

Queens didnt want to lose him.

Jim McIntyre would be a great appointment. Won this league before and has relative success in the Premiership with Ross County along with a League Cup win. We could do a lot worse.

I hope we get it sorted quickly however. Would hate for us to get to June and not have anyone in.

Queens were newly promoted when McIntyre took over. He's not a manager who'll get a club massively overachieving like Livingston this year but he's a solid manager who'll consistently take a mid-table side into the playoffs.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Full-time management jobs in the UK get literally dozens of applicants. I'd be very interested to know the names of those who apply. There could be some left-field choices.

If the Easdales are, as they're expected to be, announced very soon, there won't be any need for anyone to apply. They'll already know who the manager will be.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

If the Easdales are, as they're expected to be, announced very soon, there won't be any need for anyone to apply. They'll already know who the manager will be.

I have no insider knowledge at all but the McCoist thing has to be bullshit, they've worked with him and must know he's not up to management.

EOho8Pw.png

They need to sell the Rangers shares first

"Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals."

There's a guy on P&B who seems somewhat ITK saying that Derek Anderson is in the running.

I'm always skeptical of youth bosses moving into senior management because it's a different skillset in many ways but he seems to be a bright and hard-working guy.

He's not a 'youth boss', he's an Academy director. Even more different.

No doubt Stevie Aitken will whore himself for it. Really hope he comes nowhere near Cappielow. An even more negative manager than Duffy.

Aitken won't go full time. He has a good job away from football.

Archived