General Football - Weird Results And Other Things Worth Sharing - Page 33 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

General Football - Weird Results And Other Things Worth Sharing

TRVMP

The Clownshoes League title was yet again claimed by a Polish entrant though, with Legia Warsaw fending off Celtic's strong challenge by getting meekly sworded on their own bin by Omonia Nicosia. A football mad country of nearly 38 million people is now one step above Liechtenstein, Lithuania and Luxembourg respectively in the coefficient rankings.

Edited by vikingTON

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Until recently the most-attended top league in the country was neither football nor basketball, but... speedway. I dare say football has overtaken it. But I'd call them slightly less football-mad than Scotland. Nonetheless they are huge, massive, disastrous underachievers.

EOho8Pw.png

On 8/22/2020 at 2:02 AM, TRVMP said:

Some Europa League final there.

Elsewhere, in the Maranhense State League in Brazil, one of the (many) football channels I subscribe to on Youtube uploaded this:

In the first leg, São José won 4-1. There's no away goals in this tournament so 5-2 sent it to penalties, which, as you can see, São José won.

But how honking is their strip? They came so close to a beautiful blue-and-white hooped number, only to end up with this:

whatsapp-image-2020-08-21-at-18.47.26.jp

In any case, SJ go on to the semi-finals to meet one of Juventude-MA and Pinheiro, the winner of which will face the winner of Moto Club and Sampaio Corrêa. We'll all be on the edge of our seats for that once, I'm sure.

Oh aye, and the Champions League final is on Sunday.

Iron Man working there as an advisor? Must have also told them they can't have separate blue and white hoops and Parma hoops strips at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

1-2 going on 5-2, that. 

Craig Burley is a co-commentator on ESPN here and I usually find him over the top in his negativity but I had to agree with him today. That was absolutely rotten, Scotland don't know how to defend, and a Czech team less reminiscent of Jossy's Giants would have beat us senseless. 

EOho8Pw.png

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

• 2 weeks later...

In the Soviet days, Dinamo were giants, played in front of tens of thousands, won continental competitions. Now they play in front of a few hundred. What happened? Surely not everyoje in Tbilisi totally lost interest in football after Communism fell. 

EOho8Pw.png

Aaron Hickey debuts for Bologna. Their regular left-back is suspended. A couple of misplaced passes here and there and he got skinned by Gervinho once but for the most part he looks extremely comfortable, covering a ton of ground, positioning well, really energetic, giving Karaboh a tough time, had a decent cross earlier... frankly he's playing far better for than is Matteo Darmian, his counterpart at left-back for Parma.

Can we have some young players who aren't left-backs next?

edit: I've only watched Hickey once before this but I'm astonished at his confidence and composure. Wants the ball constantly, moving into space but adjusting to the defensive phase with little difficulty... Parma are really, really bad, so I don't want to be too premature here, but as both Robertson and Tierney have made defensive errors tonight, they should both be dropped permanently and Hickey should be made captain and inducted to the Hall of Fame.

Bologna fans on Facebook losing it over him as well, they're duly impressed.

Edited by TRVMP

EOho8Pw.png

I managed to catch a bit of the match, and he was very, very impressive from what I seen. Not phased by the occasion at all. Looked comfortable in position, and took up lots of interesting positions, quite infield near the Parma box. Almost like an inverted full back at times.

I'd certainly have him in the Scotland squad before Greg Taylor. Think he could easily play right-back too, seems comfortable with both feet.

Just got around to watching the Everton-West Ham highlights. Richarlison is looking great, but Calvert-Lewin cost, what, 1.5m? And he's absolutely dominant this season. Everton are a joy to watch. They must be spending big to try to be respectable again but, in fairness, it's working out for them.

• Upvote 1

EOho8Pw.png

On 9/29/2020 at 9:40 PM, Hej said:

I managed to catch a bit of the match, and he was very, very impressive from what I seen. Not phased by the occasion at all. Looked comfortable in position, and took up lots of interesting positions, quite infield near the Parma box. Almost like an inverted full back at times.

I'd certainly have him in the Scotland squad before Greg Taylor. Think he could easily play right-back too, seems comfortable with both feet.

That's what I was going to suggest, perhaps the long-term right-back solution? Can only be a good thing that he's playing in a league and country that will properly educate him on tactics and how to be a defender...

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

Slovakia made O'Donnell look like Dani Alves tonight so he will have RWB locked down for the next game. (We'll be three at the back again.)

See if McGinn's first touch wasn't so heavy, he'd be a top four EPL player. Thought he was absolutely immense tonight. 

EOho8Pw.png

20 hours ago, TRVMP said:

Slovakia made O'Donnell look like Dani Alves tonight so he will have RWB locked down for the next game. (We'll be three at the back again.)

See if McGinn's first touch wasn't so heavy, he'd be a top four EPL player. Thought he was absolutely immense tonight. 

2nd half we played really well.

5 atb looked an omnishambles for the first Israel game, but we're definitely growing into it. McTominay also really growing into that RCB role, thought he was outstanding on Thursday and last night

O'Donnell is a strange player. He looks absolutely fucking guff and a total bombscare anytime the ball is near him, but I'm still struggling to think of a single terrible mistake he's made in any of his 15 caps. Makes the most of his extremely limited ability to put in solid performances most matches. A poor man's Branislav Ivanovic circa 2015.