Q&a With Warren Hawke - Page 39 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Q&a With Warren Hawke

Season tickets I agree but I think doing our own merchandise which has been happening recently will work out better. Plus there's been about three times the amount of tops being sold now then there has been.

Caused by a public backlash.

It shouldn't take a backlash before basic competence is achieved.

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He doesn't go to games so doesn't know.

Alib posted that he encountered issues. Scroll back and you will see. He clearly stated someone had to press the button manually to allow entry.

Your welcome.

He doesn't go to games so doesn't know.

Alib posted that he encountered issues. Scroll back and you will see. He clearly stated someone had to press the button manually to allow entry.

Your welcome.

Agreed.

Edit to add. It's downfall is a lack of space to do anything during the week like some grounds (function suites, etc) to make a bit of money.

Meaning not fit for purpose in modern football when additional income is required due to budgeting on 4000 fans per week.

Issues with policing also.

Kids are not attracted to standing in an 80 year old stadium. They want to sit down and be in a modern stadium. Hawke said himself we have an older fan base, his many stats showed this, and we have lost generations of fans.

Cappielow as it is, is not attractive to Away fans, stay away fans and prospective fans.

Meaning not fit for purpose in modern football when additional income is required due to budgeting on 4000 fans per week.

Kids are not attracted to standing in an 80 year old stadium. They want to sit down and be in a modern stadium. Hawke said himself we have an older fan base, his many stats showed this, and we have lost generations of fans.

Cappielow as it is, is not attractive to Away fans, stay away fans and prospective fans.

He knows this, yet implemented a shan website for folk to attempt to buy tickets. People who already struggle with IT will most definitely just sack it off

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Can't say i have much knowledge of what kids are attracted to, have you polled them to see what they think? Most kids i know don't give a fuck what a place lookz like if they are having a laugh and being entertained.

We have an older fanbase and have lost generations of fans. NOT because we have a crumbling stadium but because the mismanagement of the club has led to decades of failure, the club believed it was their god given right to have 4000 average attendances, their marketing involved scapegoating existing attendees and shouting bring a friend, and beyond that doing nothing to encourage new fans.

Can't say i have much knowledge of what kids are attracted to, have you polled them to see what they think? Most kids i know don't give a **** what a place lookz like if they are having a laugh and being entertained.

We have an older fanbase and have lost generations of fans. NOT because we have a crumbling stadium but because the mismanagement of the club has led to decades of failure, the club believed it was their god given right to have 4000 average attendances, their marketing involved scapegoating existing attendees and shouting bring a friend, and beyond that doing nothing to encourage new fans.

Yeah polled them. They said it's a shithole.

Another common theme at Morton. Everything good almost always comes as retrospective action as a result of a hounding

I guess you'll disagree but my opinion is that when Hawke came in there was a huge mess and he's done a lot more positive things (like the strips) than have been done for years. Fair enough some is a reaction but at least it's been something.

Again my opinion, but I think we're in a bit of a transition period (possibly making things more attractive for a new owner like I said in another thread) and can see some good things in what he's done. I still think it's early days because of the mess and don't think things will change overnight but time will tell. There's obviously been mistakes but I do think he learns from them too (again time will tell).

Edit to add: this is purely about Hawke in charge and not the Raes, etc.

Can't say i have much knowledge of what kids are attracted to, have you polled them to see what they think? Most kids i know don't give a **** what a place lookz like if they are having a laugh and being entertained.

Agreed.

The problem isn’t Cappielow, it’s a first team with no ambition playing sh*te football every second week.

Reckon today will be the final straw this season for the delusion that people will continue to pay premium prices for garbage football and the promise of future youth regens to come. There is absolutely zero incentive for anyone to buy a single match ticket for the Dunfermline game in February.

Yesterday was my first game in a while and I won't be rushing back. £20 for that piss.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Again my opinion, but I think we're in a bit of a transition period (possibly making things more attractive for a new owner like I said in another thread) and can see some good things in what he's done. I still think it's early days because of the mess and don't think things will change overnight but time will tell. There's obviously been mistakes but I do think he learns from them too (again time will tell).

The only 'transition' that is apparent right now is the club turning from one with ambition to play and compete at a higher level to a permadiddy outfit like Ayr United. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

£20 is a lot of money and when you have a family and taking kids it adds up. You can expect people to fork out on a club with no ambition and stand in the pissing cold accepting poor performance after poor performance. One off, fair enough but I think the excuses from

Duffy makes it an even more

Laughable situation.

I will be far more selective with games I will be going to

Until the end of the season.

The only 'transition' that is apparent right now is the club turning from one with ambition to play and compete at a higher level to a permadiddy outfit like Ayr United.

I don't agree. I'd say they are trying to get some structure off the park and be more business like. Whether that works out or gives us success on the park in the next couple of years I don't know.

I don't agree. I'd say they are trying to get some structure off the park and be more business like. Whether that works out or gives us success on the park in the next couple of years I don't know.

Like what? Also, what revenue will this generate and bring in?

Yesterday was my first game in a while and I won't be rushing back. £20 for that piss.

As I am fortunate enough not to own a season ticket, I think I'll be giving home games a miss for the rest of this pointless league campaign as well. The best way to signal to the club right now that their shan 'sustainability' exercise won't work and won't be tolerated by the fanbase is to hit them where it hurts: at the gate and in their pocket. 

Attending away matches that are i) almost universally cheaper to watch and ii) add **** all to the current board's resources are a better option right now on almost every level. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

See the other thing. When we go to grounds, we don't get 3 options of where we sit/stand.

Sticking them in the WDE in the pissing rain - although comical - is just stupid.

300 > merits the shed being open to away fans. That should be the only option. Failing that, the main stand.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

They are directly impacting the structure on the park in the here and now and for the forseeable in a negative way.

The last time they did that, we went spinning to the seaside and if things don't change we could suffer the same fate.

As I am fortunate enough not to own a season ticket for this campaign, I think I'll be giving home games a miss for the rest of this pointless league campaign as well. The best way to signal to the club right now that their shan 'sustainability' exercise won't work and won't be tolerated by the fanbase is to hit them where it hurts: at the gate and in their pocket.

Attending away matches that are i) almost universally cheaper to watch and ii) add **** all to the current board's resources are a better option right now on almost every level.

Take note, Warren.

That's umpteen folk on here singing to the same tune

TIME FOR CHANGE!

The squad is already stretched to the point that a (useless) first team manager has two senior players and a bunch of regens to turn to in order to save matches like yesterday. And the clearly stated intent of the club's plans is to pack out the squad with even more of these regens in the future. With all probability we can determine whether that will deliver success on the park: it won't, and it is already leading to a clear decline from last season's standards of performance. The direction of travel is absolutely clear. 

Archived