Q&a With Warren Hawke - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Q&a With Warren Hawke

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not paying personnel properly and a shambles of 100k turnstiles, you happy?

The personnel issue was years ago, safe to say it's improved since then, but this turnstile issue is absolutely shocking and it's a damning indictment of the hangers-on that they think all is rosy in the garden.

EOho8Pw.png

The personnel issue was years ago, safe to say it's improved since then, but this turnstile issue is absolutely shocking and it's a damning indictment of the hangers-on that they think all is rosy in the garden.

I know it was years ago but to have that negative press is not good and then to turn up today and it is the usual garbage for entry. Not good enough.

There was no need for such an investment for an average gate of 1600-2000 fans.

Very poor choice.

The money should have been put towards a promotion push.

Get the gubbins caterers to fuck. Two weeks in a row that they have managed to run out of every credible item and then Blame Someone Else for their incompetence.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Premium prices in the division.

Failed turnstiles that £100k was completely wasted on.

No food because the caterers are useless.

Rancid football.

The club really is delivering on the 'matchday experience' at the moment. It's a wonder that they only attracted barely over 2000 for one of their biggest matches of the season.

Sad!

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Premium prices in the division.

Failed turnstiles that £100k was completely wasted on.

No food because the caterers are useless.

Rancid football.

The club really is delivering on the 'matchday experience' at the moment. It's a wonder that they only attracted barely over 2000 for one of their biggest matches of the season.

Sad!

Absolutely and are we really going to get parents bringing their kids with such a shambles?

Yet another lost generation but in Douglas 'Hall is Fame' Rae we have faith!

The club lets itself down so often it's become depressingly predictable.

Last week we still had the omnishambles of asking people to stand in two queues to see ****ing Brechin ! Several people have already made it very clear that they wont be back while they are asked to either turn up miles before time or be forced to queue twice and pay an incremental £2 for what is dire dire fayre on the park.

I was fortunate to be in the town last Saturday picking up some Morton gear in Smiths so bought my ticket there - otherwise I wasn't going to the game at all.

We ran out of all hot food other than greasy chips by 3:15, with a crowd of about 1600. It was a bitter cold day - when any half brained business person would know that the demand for hot filling food would have been the highest this season, save for the Derby matches. To hear we repeated the same absolutely piss poor service again, on an equally s***ty day, is frustrating and annoying in equal measures.

And so to the absolute white elephant of those turnstiles - what a joke and what a waste of money. The person/people who proposed these as a good strategic use of 100k, would have lost their job in any other business - even if they worked - which they patently don't. I've been at 3 games this season - one they weren't available, one only half of it was working and last week they seemed to be doing what they were intended for - and then we get today's debacle.

The fayre on the pitch is s*** as well - again, don't shoot me, I have seen three home games and one away game, but in all four we seem to be clueless in terms of strategy and formation. I feel desperately sorry for Forbes - it seems a chunk of the boo boys have it in for him, and I genuinely think he is a bright spot in an otherwise fairly mediocre collection. The last twice I have seen O'Ware it strikes me that he has started to believe his own hype, and in front of my eyes is turning into a real Peter The Pointer Grant - doing a great job of pointing the finger to cover up his own glaring inadequacies - he was woeful against Brechin - truly woeful - and if he has designs on better things he would want to get his finger out his bangle fairly lively. More worryingly we have a manager who seems absolutely clueless about what our best formation is, what our game plan should be (cos humping a big ball persistently in on top of big centre halves when we have no aerial threat can't be called a plan), or how to change things when the game is screaming out for it. It cost us two points against Dumbarton, 3 against Falkirk, and for a period last week we were allowing a team that is worse than most pub teams, back into the game till we fluked a knee into the net to get us back on top. 

On and off the field, I have grave worries. But one feeds the other - and until the off field strategy and ambitions are defined/changed, we are destined to be a mid table mediocre division 1 team, because that is all the owners and the manager think we deserve. I'm beginning to think a few of the players are starting to think that also - if all you are asked for, and all you are happy to settle for is second best - at some point that mentality hits the team - too hard, why bother.

Time for change.  

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

The club lets itself down so often it's become depressingly predictable.

Last week we still had the omnishambles of asking people to stand in two queues to see ****ing Brechin ! Several people have already made it very clear that they wont be back while they are asked to either turn up miles before time or be forced to queue twice and pay an incremental £2 for what is dire dire fayre on the park.

I was fortunate to be in the town last Saturday picking up some Morton gear in Smiths so bought my ticket there - otherwise I wasn't going to the game at all.

We ran out of all hot food other than greasy chips by 3:15, with a crowd of about 1600. It was a bitter cold day - when any half brained business person would know that the demand for hot filling food would have been the highest this season, save for the Derby matches. To hear we repeated the same absolutely piss poor service again, on an equally s***ty day, is frustrating and annoying in equal measures.

And so to the absolute white elephant of those turnstiles - what a joke and what a waste of money. The person/people who proposed these as a good strategic use of 100k, would have lost their job in any other business - even if they worked - which they patently don't. I've been at 3 games this season - one they weren't available, one only half of it was working and last week they seemed to be doing what they were intended for - and then we get today's debacle.

The fayre on the pitch is s*** as well - again, don't shoot me, I have seen three home games and one away game, but in all four we seem to be clueless in terms of strategy and formation. I feel desperately sorry for Forbes - it seems a chunk of the boo boys have it in for him, and I genuinely think he is a bright spot in an otherwise fairly mediocre collection. The last twice I have seen O'Ware it strikes me that he has started to believe his own hype, and in front of my eyes is turning into a real Peter The Pointer Grant - doing a great job of pointing the finger to cover up his own glaring inaccuracies - he was woeful against Brechin - truly woeful - and if he has designs on better things he would want to get his finger out his bangle fairly lively. More worryingly we have a manager who seems absolutely clueless about what our best formation is, what our game plan should be (cos humping a big ball persistently in on top of big centre halves when we have no aerial threat can't be called a plan), or how to change things when the game is screaming out for it. It cost us two points against Dumbarton, 3 against Falkirk, and for a period last week we were allowing a team that is worse than most pub teams, back into the game till we fluked a knee into the net to get us back on top.

On and off the field, I have grave worries. But one feeds the other - and until the off field strategy and ambitions are defined/changed, we are destined to be a mid table mediocre division 1 team, because that is all the owners and the manager think we deserve. I'm beginning to think a few of the players are starting to think that also - if all you are asked for, and all you are happy to settle for is second best - at some point that mentality hits the team - too hard, why bother.

Time for change.

Excellent post.

No one will pay to buy Morton if Rae wants all his debt, he accumulated, covered.

It has been evident for some time change has been required. The board should be assessing if selling up in in the strategic plan for Greenock Morton and if a buyer can be identified.

Archived