Q&a With Warren Hawke - Page 49 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Q&a With Warren Hawke

I've reached concession age so a season ticket (early bird) was supposed to be £205. That would be about 14 games @ £15. Personally I won't be able to make 14 home games this season (especially with the current appalling home record) so not really worth it for me. I'm perfectly happy with the current ticket booth arrangement and if the system is the same next season, I'm not going to bother with a fan card (I assume they will expire at the end of the season or do they last forever?)

How does an appalling home record mean you won’t be able to make games?

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've reached concession age so a season ticket (early bird) was supposed to be £205.  That would be about 14 games @ £15.  Personally I won't be able to make 14 home games this season (especially with the current appalling home record) so not really worth it for me. I'm perfectly happy with the current ticket booth arrangement and if the system is the same next season, I'm not going to bother with a fan card (I assume they will expire at the end of the season or do they last forever?)

I didn't actually realise that there wasn't a price difference for when you purchase the concession tickets. The only reason why it might be worth your while getting a fan card would be if there was going to be a big match when there might actually be a queue at the ticket booth. Then again, you could always just get the tickets posted out as a one off. 

I'm sure there have been some seasons where you'd need to go to 16 matches to make the season ticket value for money. So at least it's a bit better than that.

The fan cards state the season that they were given in, but I'm not sure if that means they only last for a season or not (I assumed they would last longer, bit of a waste if not). One of the many questions we could do with a FAQs section for. 

I remember in years gone by season tickets used to cover pre-season friendlies and the early cup rounds. Great value back then.

If I'm remembering correctly, I think they cut it back to something like the first 2 rounds of the League and Challenge Cups and the pre-top flight Scottish Cup round in the early Rae years but that was gone altogether by the time we returned to Division One. 

Another question about the cards is what happens to your ticket if you buy on the Friday night then don't feel well on the Saturday. Do they automatically refund tickets that weren't used? I don't think anyone knows.

Not sure if serious ^^^

I remember in years gone by season tickets used to cover pre-season friendlies and the early cup rounds. Great value back then.

Hugh Scott stopped the Scottish cup games being on the ticket because they weren’t under the umbrella of the SFL. This had been policy at other clubs for a while before we dropped them.

Can’t recall when the League and Challenge Cups were ditched too.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

I would imagine he means "have no desire to make" rather than "being able to make".

I concur with him.

No, it's "can't get to all the games".  My youngest daughter plays football on Saturdays and it's usually a rush to get to Cappielow in time, and impossible from an away game at somewhere like Stranraer.  2018 should be easier as she's moved to Queens and they play away games mainly in the central belt I think, which might make things easier (unless they play in the afternoon...)

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

No, it's "can't get to all the games". My youngest daughter plays football on Saturdays and it's usually a rush to get to Cappielow in time, and impossible from an away game at somewhere like Stranraer. 2018 should be easier as she's moved to Queens and they play away games mainly in the central belt I think, which might make things easier (unless they play in the afternoon...)

Why mention the home form as a reason then?

Why mention the home form as a reason then?

Home form doesn't stop me going to games, although it maybe reduces the motivation to go.  Having supported Morton all my life, I would be at every game if I could.  I've watched far worse Morton teams than the current one.  Our home form this season is however honking and it's hardly a surprise that crowds are not far off historic lows as the less committed supporters clearly can't be bothered watching dross.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Archived