Season Tickets - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Season Tickets

Jamie_M

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good move to extend the age on concessions, always thought it was ridiculous a 17 year old who's still at school could get hit for a full adult ticket.

£10 increase on all types of season ticket compared to last season. Early bird Adult works out at £14.44 per game, normal Adult works out at £15.55 per game. I assume as it's not mentioned there PATG will remain at £18?

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I couldn't get in either.

Scott - image of card please?

Official Facebook page said website will go live at 10am tomorrow so can't access it just now.

I've got no image of it. I just saw a copy of what the club want it to look like and thought it looked smart. Should be similar to this if the photo/link works:

cff36873bdea313ca9143f35e761cdac.jpg

Was planning on buying a half season ticket. Presume that's been sacked from last season..

Yes, according to the official Twitter it's not happening this season.

EOho8Pw.png

Was planning on buying a half season ticket. Presume that's been sacked from last season..

Was talking to a mate of mine who went to a few home games last season who was also interested in a half season book for this year. Bit disappointing if that's the case, I thought it was a good idea.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

I had to phone the club as the website was attempting to charge £240 for a concession early bird instead of £205.  However I also found out that unlike last season, when a season ticket consisted of 18 individual match vouchers which could each be used for any match, so that for example 2 people could go to 9 games, or even 18 people could all go to the same game, the new system is a single card that only gives access to 1 person for each game.  That makes the system completely inflexible except for people who never miss a game.  The dropping of the half season ticket is also a retrograde step for those who can't make every game.  For me, it's probably not worth getting a season ticket next season.  The old season tickets way back in the 60s were numbered vouchers so it's just a modern version of that now, but last season was a great innovation in my opinion and I'm sorry to see it go.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I had to phone the club as the website was attempting to charge £240 for a concession early bird instead of £205.  However I also found out that unlike last season, when a season ticket consisted of 18 individual match vouchers which could each be used for any match, so that for example 2 people could go to 9 games, or even 18 people could all go to the same game, the new system is a single card that only gives access to 1 person for each game.  That makes the system completely inflexible except for people who never miss a game.  The dropping of the half season ticket is also a retrograde step for those who can't make every game.  For me, it's probably not worth getting a season ticket next season.  The old season tickets way back in the 60s were numbered vouchers so it's just a modern version of that now, but last season was a great innovation in my opinion and I'm sorry to see it go.

I don't really see the issue here. The whole point in a season ticket is for a supporter to get guaranteed tickets at a cheaper rate for all home games. The new system will be modern and quicker to get through the turnstiles as well, giving supporters more convenience when entering the ground unlike the problems at the end of this season. The card is also easier to keep a hold of instead of having to keep a book of tickets in your pocket. 

I'm surprised they've binned the half season ticket though unless there wasn't much uptake of them last season. 

Also the old seasons ticket way back in, eh, 2015/2016. I liked last season's system but if the club were losing money with people having the ability to dole tickets out to mates if they couldn't make games it's entirely understandable to revert to a more conventional method.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Due to work commitments the half season ticket was good for me also (and I intended to buy one) If They did 'half season cards' Alibi could buy two which would allow him to go to games with his boy (or whoever)  on dates that suited him. It would be good to have a bit of flexibility for the fans. Not sure why there isn't.

Edit to add... re Dunnings point about giving the card to mates (and the club losing revenue) If you only have 9 games on your card you are unlikely to be dishing it out to others. eg last season I used all my tickets and paid full price to go to additional ones. This season I won't be buying a full season ticket so the club will lose out on the money coming in early.

Show Racism the Red Card

Due to work commitments the half season ticket was good for me also (and I intended to buy one) If They did 'half season cards' Alibi could buy two which would allow him to go to games with his boy (or whoever)  on dates that suited him. It would be good to have a bit of flexibility for the fans. Not sure why there isn't.

Edit to add... re Dunnings point about giving the card to mates (and the club losing revenue) If you only have 9 games on your card you are unlikely to be dishing it out to others. eg last season I used all my tickets and paid full price to go to additional ones. This season I won't be buying a full season ticket so the club will lose out on the money coming in early.

I was meaning that specifically in relation to not having numbered vouchers last season for full season books rather than the lack of half-season tickets. You could have feasibly had the scenario last season where someone bought a season ticket knowing they would miss a couple of games, then doled out all the spare vouchers at once for a big game in the event they 'brought a friend'.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I was meaning that specifically in relation to not having numbered vouchers last season for full season books rather than the lack of half-season tickets. You could have feasibly had the scenario last season where someone bought a season ticket knowing they would miss a couple of games, then doled out all the spare vouchers at once for a big game in the event they 'brought a friend'.

apologies - fair enough. I was mainly thinking about the half season option. I'm assuming that Alibi and his boy cant attend every game in  season so buying two tickets would give them the option of going to games together (or separately) as they wish.

Show Racism the Red Card

I did like the fact they were just individual tickets. I thought the point WAS that you could give them out - or people could share a ticket? Seem to remember them promoting them that way, could be wrong.

I liked it, but with the new cards it makes it difficult for that system to work. Shame really.

Not sure why half season tickets can't be done though.

Spoke to Warren Hawke there he said that due to having electronic turnstiles they could not do half season tickets although they did ask whoever is doing the tickets if it was feasible. He said that with in the next week or two they will be rolling out a fans card where you register either at Cappielow or Smiths where you either go on line or go too Cappielow or Smiths for paying when ever you choose to go to a game.

Archived