2017/18 Signings - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

2017/18 Signings

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Duffy has been pretty ruthless in the past where he has felt better is needed (e.g. Crighton and S McCluskey). I reckon he'll take a similar approach this summer. Not wholesale - but I don't think he'll be sentimental about who stays and who goes.

Duffy has been pretty ruthless in the past where he has felt better is needed (e.g. Crighton and S McCluskey). I reckon he'll take a similar approach this summer. Not wholesale - but I don't think he'll be sentimental about who stays and who goes.

Was it not Mccluskey who turned down a new deal?

Was it not Mccluskey who turned down a new deal?

He did but I liked the fact Duffy gave him a deadline and didn't let him muck as around looking elsewhere then coming back after receiving no better offers.

That's not ruthless at all.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Binning 2 weak players from the team that struggled to get over the line in League 1 is anything but ruthless. Ruthless would have been binning half the team, a scenario that most fans wouldn't have batted an eyelid about.

Ruthless does not involve handing Scullion and Kudus new 6 month deals after contributing next to nothing meaningful in the first half of the season.

Duffy has been far from ruthless. I fear that will continue and Shankland will be given a deal the minute Aberdeen rightfully bin him. If that happens, it's TTG Jim from the off.

Binning 2 weak players from the team that struggled to get over the line in League 1 is anything but ruthless. Ruthless would have been binning half the team, a scenario that most fans wouldn't have batted an eyelid about.

Ruthless does not involve handing Scullion and Kudus new 6 month deals after contributing next to nothing meaningful in the first half of the season.

Duffy has been far from ruthless. I fear that will continue and Shankland will be given a deal the minute Aberdeen rightfully bin him. If that happens, it's TTG Jim from the off.

You'd sack him, right there and then, on the spot. That's pretty ruthless.

Nesbitt tweeted what sounds pretty much like a cheerio for good message too.

Jamie Lindsay confirms he's back to Celtic for pre season. Suppose he's always going to do that but I'd be very surprised if we managed to get him back.

Both of those are complete non-stories. What else are they supposed to say? Their loans are up, they are going back to Celtic, they posted a token thanks and goodbye.

None of that has made the chance of them coming back any less or more.

All the best to Scullion. I would've given him far more game time than he got. There have been others given more chances with poorer performances. I'm just confused that Duffy kept giving him contracts when he wasn't going to give him sufficient game time.

All the best to Scullion. I would've given him far more game time than he got. There have been others given more chances with poorer performances. I'm just confused that Duffy kept giving him contracts when he wasn't going to give him sufficient game time.

Scullion was given ample opportunity to prove he was serious about being a professional footballer and get fit - he failed. He has all the ability in the world but as long as he has the local chippy on speed dial he will never realise his potential. Nothing against the lad but he has to take personal responsibility for having the build of TaunTon. 

I felt he should have been given more chances this season, especially when we were persisting with Shankland and Oyenuga long after they'd proven themselves to be useless, but ultimately he was never any better than mediocre when he did get a chance so he can't complain. I've still never seen the slightest bit of evidence that his fitness was an issue, but he didn't manage to have an impact when he got a chance and letting him go is therefore the right decision.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived