Scottish Cup: "rangers" Vs. The Famous (12 February 2017, 15:00) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Scottish Cup: "rangers" Vs. The Famous (12 February 2017, 15:00)

TRVMP

It's a win win draw

Loads of money

Win and we progress to hopefully beat the midden in the next round

Lose and we bank the cash and concentrate in reeling in Hibs

Loads of media coverage too

ALL THE PRESSURE on them with Warburton sacked after their defeat :)

Being realistic here, does anyone think we can do this?

*insert signature here*

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. It's a massive long shot but it's possible. If the worst Morton team of all time can beat Celtic at Parkhead, a vastly superior team can beat Rangers at Ibrox. They are clear favorites but they are light years behind Celtic, who are the only team in Scotland I'd consider totally unbeatable.

EOho8Pw.png

Yes. It's a massive long shot but it's possible. 

Long shot aye, but 'massive'... really? We drew there last season and we're a better team now, Rangers will of course be strong favourites but with the work-rate, spirit and talent we've got I genuinely think we've got a decent chance of causing an upset here.

Long shot aye, but 'massive'... really? We drew there last season and we're a better team now, Rangers will of course be strong favourites but with the work-rate, spirit and talent we've got I genuinely think we've got a decent chance of causing an upset here.

Rangers are also a better team now, remember.

EOho8Pw.png

Weird question. Why would you think otherwise? Morton won't be favourite but we've seen bigger upsets. This current Rangers team are fragile. They can be got at. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Weird question. Why would you think otherwise? Morton won't be favourite but we've seen bigger upsets. This current Rangers team are fragile. They can be got at. 

This. With the squad we have, I have the confidence we could beat almost anyone (maybe Celtic would be a step too far in current form...) if we play to the best of our ability. We have beaten two Premiership teams this season, both who have drawn with Rangers, and gave Aberdeen a game in the LC Semi Final. I fully believe we can beat Rangers.

Unless we sign one or two before the months up.

I think that's even more likely now that the board can budget with this game in mind. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

QoS were flying when they went to Ibrox a few months ago and got 5 put past them. Hope it doesn't happen to us. I don't really think Rangers have improved a lot since last season. We've got a much better squad and midfield than we did last season. No reason why we can't have a go and try pull off a win.

Archived