We're Getting 5 (five) Home Kits - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

We're Getting 5 (five) Home Kits

GiGi

Vicious circle Ham Cam. They're not likely to shift more kits while they produce poor options like our current ones. Not while our club website advert shows an 8 (eight) year old top on a defunct link.

That's where we're missing a trick or 3.

I agree that the Morton Commercial Department is a joke but you would think if we could shift the units a manufacturer would have expressed interest?

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morton are definitely taking the cheap option hence off-the-shelf teamwear you could buy for your Sunday league team. And the shoddy looking patches stuck on with the club crest as opposed to sewn in like it's supposed to be.

But we don't know what it'll look like next season so I'll hang fire on criticising them further until we see the new one.

It's probably the cheap option but fans wanted a decent manufacturer and got one so with that comes stock kits. Getting something more bespoke and still making a profit would probably mean a lesser brand along the likes of bukta.

I've not bought one for years so couldn't say either decision is right but I'm sure there must be a bit of thought given either way by the commercial department.

In fact, probably not its Morton.

Would quite like to see an Adidas morton strip, or Joma. They seem to make decent strips.

Joma teamwear is the worst of the lot. See QoS.

I'd just like something not off the shelf for one season but we're never likely to do that.

Real Oviedo had an absolute belter of a hooped Joma strip a few years ago (this here: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-_kSG-wKvQss/UehPqeQ3ECI/AAAAAAAADho/3aJVtgde7uY/s1600/camisetas+2013-14_1.jpg); it was a real shame about the colours as you just couldn't wear it here without being accused of being one of they **** from up the road, but in blue and white it'd be even better. If we ever have a custom-design, that should be it. They also had a really smart Inter Milan-style strip from Joma around the same time, so they do produce some good stuff when they want.

The merchandise in general from Morton is a disgrace though - it's bad enough the actual selling of it is farcical, but there's not really much TO sell. You wouldn't have bought most of the cheap, nasty pish from that shop in the Forum that punted scarves and t-shirts years ago, never mind £40+ on "official" stuff. 

AWMSC

Real Oviedo had an absolute belter of a hooped Joma strip a few years ago (this here: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-_kSG-wKvQss/UehPqeQ3ECI/AAAAAAAADho/3aJVtgde7uY/s1600/camisetas+2013-14_1.jpg); it was a real shame about the colours as you just couldn't wear it here without being accused of being one of they **** from up the road, but in blue and white it'd be even better. If we ever have a custom-design, that should be it. They also had a really smart Inter Milan-style strip from Joma around the same time, so they do produce some good stuff when they want.

The merchandise in general from Morton is a disgrace though - it's bad enough the actual selling of it is farcical, but there's not really much TO sell. You wouldn't have bought most of the cheap, nasty pish from that shop in the Forum that punted scarves and t-shirts years ago, never mind £40+ on "official" stuff.

The fans game blue and yellow one in that style is the best morton top for years.

The fans game blue and yellow one in that style is the best morton top for years.

On a similar vein I picked up one of these for 5s / 7s last week as well. 

97243.jpg

Would love to see Morton in something like that too. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

I would look good in it.

Deego should photoshop that onto your famous snap and use it to sell the idea to Morton. 

Or mortonjag if Deego's busy deegin

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Bottom line is who gives a **** what we play in as long as we win. Close thread.

I like to wear football tops to the gym so I'd like a dece Morton one. My usual is an AEK third kit from 2010 or my well-worn Getafe away top from 2006. Morton would be better. (Getting rid of the Millions logo would be the best improvement but unrealistic - for now.)

EOho8Pw.png

I like to wear football tops to the gym so I'd like a dece Morton one. My usual is an AEK third kit from 2010 or my well-worn Getafe away top from 2006. Morton would be better. (Getting rid of the Millions logo would be the best improvement but unrealistic - for now.)

One of the reasons the top I posted is one of my favourites, having Ferguson's instead of Millions as the sponsor.

Millions is synonymous with Morton now. It was weird not seeing in on a home kit that year. Still a great top though. 

McGills would be a natural transition as a sponsor but do they really need it? Hardly anyone watches Morton and their buses are all over the country anyway. It'd be like being sponsored by Aulds or something. 

onsP5NR.jpg

One of the reasons the top I posted is one of my favourites, having Ferguson's instead of Millions as the sponsor.

Yep, that one's a beezer. I had the James Watt College sponsored one too and I quite liked it because they'd clearly been asked what font they want and said "the fuck's a font? Just write it on the fuckin shirt in letters, ya geek."

EOho8Pw.png

Yep, that one's a beezer. I had the James Watt College sponsored one too and I quite liked it because they'd clearly been asked what font they want and said "the ****'s a font? Just write it on the ****in shirt in letters, ya geek."

My nipples are still recovering from wearing that top

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Archived