We're Getting 5 (five) Home Kits - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

We're Getting 5 (five) Home Kits

GiGi

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joma teamwear is the worst of the lot. See QoS.

I'd just like something not off the shelf for one season but we're never likely to do that.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Adidas or Hummel would be great. Some shinty team or whatever it was had a blue and white hooped Hummel top a few years back and it was an absolute beezer.

Regardless of strips, the club seriously needs to review the training/leisure wear. Some of the Bukta stuff was really smart, but since then it's been honking.

AWMSC

How hard can it be to get a decent blue and white hooped jersey that doesn't look like it was designed by a colour blind dick with no definition of a hoop and a penchant for big stupit looking squares tossed randomly on to the back like jizz on a tramp stamp

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

How hard can it be to get a decent blue and white hooped jersey that doesn't look like it was designed by a colour blind dick with no definition of a hoop and a penchant for big stupit looking squares tossed randomly on to the back like jizz on a tramp stamp

I always thought that was the way football shirts are designed these days, due to the fact most leagues include player names as well as numbers on the back of jerseys, and they wouldn't stand out very well on hoops.

Queue someone coming in with 1,000s of examples to prove me wrong!!

I always thought that was the way football shirts are designed these days, due to the fact most leagues include player names as well as numbers on the back of jerseys, and they wouldn't stand out very well on hoops.

Queue someone coming in with 1,000s of examples to prove me wrong!!

If the player name is color X with a color Y border around it then surely the background color isn't that important?

It's the same principle around yon internet memes that are white with a black border, they work on everything.

EOho8Pw.png

I can't remember the exact wording but league rules say that names and numbers must be contained within a plain square of one consistent colour, so no hoops all the way round. Presumably whoever thought that one up had never heard of borders on a font.

As a result, most kit manufacturers just have the whole back plain rather than hoops for a bit, square, hoops.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I can't remember the exact wording but league rules say that names and numbers must be contained within a plain square of one consistent colour, so no hoops all the way round. Presumably whoever thought that one up had never heard of borders on a font.

As a result, most kit manufacturers just have the whole back plain rather than hoops for a bit, square, hoops.

Where do you think you read that?

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

i had a similar memory (maybe only European ties??)

anyway....

2015-2016%20Celtic%20Home%20Soccer%20Jer

if its ok for that clatty mob....

MORTON - NEWCASTLE

Both the Midden and Celtic will no doubt pay for custom strips.

We dont; we pay for out the book s***e

Exactly that. Wouldn't mind seeing stripes again for one season if the club was to ever have a custom made kit.

http://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__therulesofthespfl_1375800603.pdf see pages 52+53.

No mention of "solid backs". Does this mean the club are just going for the cheapest option? :unsure:

Morton are definitely taking the cheap option hence off-the-shelf teamwear you could buy for your Sunday league team. And the shoddy looking patches stuck on with the club crest as opposed to sewn in like it's supposed to be.

But we don't know what it'll look like next season so I'll hang fire on criticising them further until we see the new one.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

I assume the reason we do no longer have 'custom' kit is because we do not shift enough numbers. In the circumstances the 'off the peg' dull but functional option is the way forward.

I remember when the launch of new home and/or away kit was something to look forward to - no longer.

Vicious circle Ham Cam. They're not likely to shift more kits while they produce poor options like our current ones. Not while our club website advert shows an 8 (eight) year old top on a defunct link.

That's where we're missing a trick or 3.

onsP5NR.jpg

Ah, I stand corrected. That rule must have got canned when the SPFL was created, so I'm only three years out of date here.

Club taking the cheap option it is.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived