We're Getting 5 (five) Home Kits - Page 46 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

We're Getting 5 (five) Home Kits

GiGi

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this something that's been done at other clubs as well or is Morton actually leading the way in engaging with fans? That's a sentence that's probably not been typed before...Need to go in for a proper look but first impressions favour the retro or pin stripe efforts.Any word on designs for the away kit?

There is no new away kit.

Don't know if you've noticed but we've had similar kits to Celtic strips for the past 50 years at least, including lots of brand name ones.

Morton are the original hoops, having them since 1874 (see below)

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Greenock_Morton/Greenock_Morton.htm

greenock_morton_1874-1884-al.gif

Celtic didn't have the hoops until 1903.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Celtic/Celtic.htm

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1464344567_645056.jpgbigger image than the one above - click.

I like all four of these designs - however I like them without the usual kitmakers logo.

Just a wee thought - if this is going to be done in-house, could it either be plain or could that space be donated to a deserving charity eg. Ardgowan Hospice, Erskine, Mary's Meals etc?

*insert signature here*

I'd be in favor of allowing the fans to pick the strip if this was part of some kind of engagement strategy, but in reality it's because they don't have a ****ing clue what they're doing, so they're abdicating all responsibility.

It's going to be the same s***e templates we've already seen so 'none of this pish' should also be an option.

Anyway, maybe I'm just being curmudgeonly, but this "vote" thing strikes me more as being a panicked, "eek, what do I do?" admission of incompetence more than "fan engagement."

In a business with employee accountability, I'd say it smacks of an attempt to save the person responsible's own skin after such a colossal ****-up.

Look how stupit we all are. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

It did occur to me that the pinstripe one is similar to Celtic's, but so what? Anyone who whines about that should grow up. **** them.

It's a bit like when people in Scotland boo when another team goes into a huddle before a game, as if every team which does this is copying Celtic. It even happens at Scotland games, as if other national teams are thinking of Celtic as they go into a huddle.

Some people just go there far too quickly. Any strip we pick is going to be like a strip another team had has at a certain point. Apart from the tartan hoops, which is surely a must at some point at least.

It looks s***e.

Seeing as you like the other more classical one it's a bit weird hating the pinstripes so much. It's not a massive leap in design. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Seeing as you like the other more classical one it's a bit weird hating the pinstripes so much. It's not a massive leap in design. 

It's all about the minor details. The pinstripe one doesn't cut it.

Number 3's not just the best out of this 5, it's the best out of all our efforts of the last 10+ years.

Don't make a mistake, vote 3.

Look how stupit we all are. 

Haha, I'm pretty sure I've already recanted on that somewhere on here! Very pleasantly surprised by how it's been handled, but in my/our defence, I don't think anyone could have foreseen this, given previous experience. Long may it continue!

It's a bit like when people in Scotland boo when another team goes into a huddle before a game, as if every team which does this is copying Celtic. It even happens at Scotland games, as if other national teams are thinking of Celtic as they go into a huddle.

Some people just go there far too quickly. Any strip we pick is going to be like a strip another team had has at a certain point. Apart from the tartan hoops, which is surely a must at some point at least.

Huddles deserve to be booed on general principles. They're shite.

It looks s***e.

I actually quite like it and would have been happy with it if it had been released in normal circumstances, but it has to be the third one, no question. I do like the second on with the big hoops, looks better up close but they all fade in comparison to number 3. It's the perfect Morton strip, the best one since at least the Avec ones. 

Tartan one is disappointing, I'd be bit scunnered if it won as it's a waste of the concept. Get it sorted properly for next time round and have it then rather than going for the current one just because it's there.

Also, the Nike one is fuckin honking. 

AWMSC

It's a bit of a weird way to word it..."details coming soon" then "we are ready...tomorrow". Would have been good to have had them out today to allow a couple of days for everyone to go mental about it being the wrong kind of label on the inside of the collar or whatever before they start the voting process, but hey ho. Looking forward to seeing them, especially the Tartan one.

Also noticed, btw, that in the previews the sponsors are printed on to the strip as part of the design, which isa big improvement on the usual stick-on ones which inevitably start peeling off after a while.

:lol:

You can't tell anything from the pictures you ****ing melt.

Would just like to confirm that for the strip in question, the sponsor IS printed on the strip, like I said  ^_^

"Melt"

AWMSC

Archived