Squad For Next Season. - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Squad For Next Season.

Madton

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to see Luca back next season and also Denny if we could get him.  McMullan also looks decent.  I don't see Samuel coming back to warm the bench which is a shame as he's looked good when he's played.  I don't see why we signed Declan when he seems to do what Samuel should be doing

Mcmanus is a better option than Samuel. If he signed for someone else in the league and it came about that we had the option to sign him and didn't I imagine a lot of fans would have been unhappy

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

I'll be interested to see how Sanmuel gets on wherever he ends up next.  He's hardly had a chance but when he has got on he has looked decent - and scored an equaliser at the Methadome so that alone says he's a superstar  :)

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I think there is a good player in Joe McKee, I think he has only just started to believe in himself and grown up a bit.

Some talented young players just get lost and never get their game to anuvva level. They just get shunted around positionally and shunted around clubs.

Maybe he likes big pitches, but I think there is more to him than that. I think give him responsibility and he might develop the right attitude, especially if we don't get the old Tidser back.

I think Stef gets a raw deal half the time; I think he doesn't hide and puts in a shift. I think half the problem with Stef this year, particularly early on, was Denny had no left foot and couldn't deal with any ball coming in from Stef.

I would keep him too.

I don't think we need many players, other to replace the loanees we'll lose, and maybe some of our youngsters are ready to step up?

Sounds like McMullan is quite good, does he stay n til next season or is it just a 2/3 month deal?

As far as I am concerned, next season is about being in the top four -all year.

... proud to be apart from the groupthink tree ...

I think there is a good player in Joe McKee, I think he has only just started to believe in himself and grown up a bit.

Some talented young players just get lost and never get their game to anuvva level. They just get shunted around positionally and shunted around clubs.

Maybe he likes big pitches, but I think there is more to him than that. I think give him responsibility and he might develop the right attitude, especially if we don't get the old Tidser back.

I think Stef gets a raw deal half the time; I think he doesn't hide and puts in a shift. I think half the problem with Stef this year, particularly early on, was Denny had no left foot and couldn't deal with any ball coming in from Stef.

I would keep him too.

I don't think we need many players, other to replace the loanees we'll lose, and maybe some of our youngsters are ready to step up?

Sounds like McMullan is quite good, does he stay n til next season or is it just a 2/3 month deal?

As far as I am concerned, next season is about being in the top four -all year.

Next season could possibly be an even tougher league than this season, as there's unlikely to be the 'safety net' to avoid relegation that Alloa have provided.

We could have a league which includes Dundee Utd, Hibs, St Mirren, Kilmarnock, Raith, QoS, Dunfermline.  Unless there is substantial investment, which I can't see the Rae's providing, then it will be a real struggle to be in the top 4.  

I'd like to see Livvy go down, with Ayr Utd taking their place. Must be a long time since the second tier of Scottish football featured the Renfrewshire, Ayrshire and Fife derbies.

Next season could possibly be an even tougher league than this season, as there's unlikely to be the 'safety net' to avoid relegation that Alloa have provided.

We could have a league which includes Dundee Utd, Hibs, St Mirren, Kilmarnock, Raith, QoS, Dunfermline.  Unless there is substantial investment, which I can't see the Rae's providing, then it will be a real struggle to be in the top 4.  

I'd like to see Livvy go down, with Ayr Utd taking their place. Must be a long time since the second tier of Scottish football featured the Renfrewshire, Ayrshire and Fife derbies.

:1eye:

I can't see there being wholesale changes this pre-season other than the enforced losses of Johnstone, Gasparotto, McManus, Samuel and McMullan with the latter two not having made a sustained impact on the season anyway. Luca has been in and out the side due to injury and McManus, while a class act has only played half the season. Denny's goals will be hard to replace next season but Duffy has shown a great eye for loan signings by and large over the past 2 seasons and hopefully there will be other young players keen to spend a season scoring goals at Cappielow having seen the successes of Johnstone and McManus. It's disappointing that Barr is leaving but offering 2 year deals at any club at this level can be a risk, just look at Tidser, Peaso, Cham, Caraux etc.

We have consolidated very well in a division that we sunk without trace from 2 years ago and I think sweeping changes to the squad is unnecessary and would undo a lot of the great team spiritthat has been evident over the past couple of seasons.

Russell, Tidser and Gaston are already signed up, but in addition I'd hold onto: Kilday, Lamie, O'Ware, McKee, Forbes, McCluskey, Pepper and Scullion. I assume that the development squad players who have appeared this season will be staying on but that still only leaves 10 players (Scullion not included as he has not made much of an impact this season) which leaves plenty room for the addition of 4 or 5 players as contracted players of loan signings. It is also possible that some of hose players might be offered deals elsewhere or in Russell's case be subjected to transfer bids.

Things have not worked out for Peaso, McKeown or Miller this season and I would let them go when their contracts expire.

� The Fire Breathing Morton Guy - I'm not Pat!

think we need big changes for next season as our better players are made up of loan signings and will be heading back to there clubs , got to think that duffy has sounded players he wants but the problem will be is they will be offering 1yr deals and we will end up with  the barr situation again

Bit difficult for any manager to plan for next season if he doesn't know whether or not he will be able to get loan players back again.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Denny back as although he's improving, he's certainly not ready for the English Championship.  I doubt Samuel would fancy another season sitting on the bench and I assume Dec will be back at Fleetwood, so we are certainly going to have to find some strikers.

I hope we're sounding out Luca but I suspect he will find a team at a higher level unfortunately.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Bit difficult for any manager to plan for next season if he doesn't know whether or not he will be able to get loan players back again.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Denny back as although he's improving, he's certainly not ready for the English Championship.  I doubt Samuel would fancy another season sitting on the bench and I assume Dec will be back at Fleetwood, so we are certainly going to have to find some strikers.

I hope we're sounding out Luca but I suspect he will find a team at a higher level unfortunately.

I don't really expect McManus to play for Fleetwood again, I'd also be surprised if he was with us next season. I can him going to a more ambitious club in Scotland... lower SPL or bigger Championship club that are offering two year contracts.

I don't really expect McManus to play for Fleetwood again, I'd also be surprised if he was with us next season. I can him going to a more ambitious club in Scotland... lower SPL or bigger Championship club that are offering two year contracts.

If we had to offer him a 2 year contract to get him, I'm sure we would.

We do push the boat out when we really want a player, Tidser, Peaso, retaining Gaston etc

I don't really expect McManus to play for Fleetwood again

Based on what exactly, given that Fleetwood have no idea what level they'll be playing at next season?

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Think I'd rather see Adam Johnson playing for us tbh.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Goodwin has fallen out with Rae at St. Mirren. Most skunks think he will be off at end of season. Worth a punt ? Apalling disciplinary record but we really need a hard man in there. We're too nice.

Hahahahaha. Fuck off Jim.

Archived