Transfers And Confirmed Squad For Season 15/16 - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Transfers And Confirmed Squad For Season 15/16

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Caldwells work rate and his efforts are 100%, wasn't convinced with his play or scoring rate in league 1. Until he proves it there he's not for me.

He was playing very well until he was dropped out the team to accommodate McManus. I can understand why his confidence dropped.

So you'd have kept McManus on the bench then? Fair enough, you'd also be preparing for another season in the seaside leagues.

err.. no.

I've stated numerous times that I thought we shouldve accommodated all 3 of our strikers in the team, because all 3 offered something completely different.

TTG JIM!!!

JD's man management was/is the issue with Caldwell. As others have pointed out Caldwell's confidence took a nose-dive after being dropped - at the time he was one of our best performers. The same thing happened to others in the squad such as Pepper. All down to atmospheric conditions. :geek:

Players get dropped the world over for various reasons. It's up to the player to get back into the team and make it difficult for the manager to keep them out.

If players loss confidence or switch off for the rest of the season because they've been dropped then there's something seriously wrong with them

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

JD's man management was/is the issue with Caldwell. As others have pointed out Caldwell's confidence took a nose-dive after being dropped - at the time he was one of our best performers. The same thing happened to others in the squad such as Pepper. All down to atmospheric conditions. :geek:

Fact or opinion, Walter?

Very few are dropped because they're playing well, though. That's the point.

Maybe aside from the couple of strong runs he had in a couple of games, Duffy could rightly tell that his first touch was the worst in the team and in fact needed more than strong running from one guy in 90 minutes. He was right.

Maybe aside from the couple of strong runs he had in a couple of games, Duffy could rightly tell that his first touch was the worst in the team and in fact needed more than strong running from one guy in 90 minutes. He was right.

Of course goals and assists don't matter, if his first touch isn't the best...

TTG JIM!!!

err.. no.

I've stated numerous times that I thought we shouldve accommodated all 3 of our strikers in the team, because all 3 offered something completely different.

Yeah that worked really well when we gave that a go... Midfield wasn't strong enough for that. Would have been lucky to make the playoffs.

TRUST THE DUFF

Yeah that worked really well when we gave that a go... Midfield wasn't strong enough for that. Would have been lucky to make the playoffs.

Because Duffy made a rip roaring cunt of the midfield that day doesn't mean the 3 strikers wouldn't work. It was essentially a midfield two (one of which is a defender) because Jamie McCluskey decided to join the 3 at the top end of the pitch..

TTG JIM!!!

Everyone seems to be overlooking that Duffy could have dropped Peaso and played McManus and Caldwell. In my opinion, that would be been a better outcome as Peaso doesn't look fit/the player he was with us a few seasons back.

Peaso was already barely fit when he arrived, and even less so after his op. He had to play him to give him every chance to be fit for the run-in and it paid off - stranraer as an example.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

We've offered contracts to 8 of last seasons squad, according to the telegraph twitter. 

Can't seem to get onto the tele website, though. 

I'm on it but they've not mentioned which 8 players it is- see inside today's Tele for more info...

WHEREVER IT TAKES US- WHATEVER IT TAKES

Archived