Transfers And Confirmed Squad For Season 15/16 - Page 144 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Transfers And Confirmed Squad For Season 15/16

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McKeown is crocked and has no Championship experience whatsoever. Playing at Cliftonhill in front of 350 people does not involve the same pressure as doing so at Ibrox or even at a middling Championship side. 

If we're relying on two fairly injury-prone players to hold the team's composure when under serious pressure and when setbacks/pumpings do happen - which they undoubtedly will over the course of a season - then we are taking a huge risk. Once again, we initially handled the step-up just fine on our previous return; until results turned and there was no one in the dugout or on the pitch capable of stopping the rot.

It's a team game and for that we need a structure and a system with a squad capable of playing to different tactical plans as the state of the game and the opposition demand. On top of that they need to be fit, have pace which usually comes with younger players. Last time we had a disparate band of mercenaries which became even more random as the season progressed, particularly when Shiels came in. This time although short on quality there is more cohesion in the squad and the development squad pool is also stronger. The odd injury here or there should not make too much difference unless it is to Forbes/Tiidser or a striker. Of course if there are any quality players about, particularly goal scorers we should snap them up.

Thought one of last seasons much touted missed signings for the holding midfield role was absolutely useless against Servco on Sunday.

You really do have it in for McKeown don't you.

Oliver has signed for Queen of the South and mentalist Michael Antoine-Curier has signed for Dunfermline. Not sure about the first but the second, while being a stropping headcase, would have been a good goalscorer at this level.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

They spunked a huge amount of their cash surplus (read: money raised but not actually put towards their CVA) in their hilarious failure last season; this campaign will likely burn out the rest of it. Gambling the house on returning to the Championship, but that looks a winning bet given the continued dreadful standard of the seaside league.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I hope it doesn't, given their disgracefully small CVA offer and general delusions of grandeur. Let's not forget 'Robert the Bruce' storming onto their turf promising a league title a few years ago before their routine swording by the Famous.

It'd also make next season's Championship a tighter league for us, assuming that at least one of the part-time diddies/Livingston will go down.

For the functioning of our current, financially-anaemic club; no I wouldn't. Plus, they're cunts as well..

Archived