Rae Must Go - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Rae Must Go

BluebirdTon

Why on Earth would I be an eligible member? Moron.

Well you seem to be one of the most vocal on a change of ownership on here so if you're not happy then do something about it.

The fact here is that despite Rae's obvious poor stewardship of the club at times there has been no interest from anyone else wanting to take over and it is likely to remain that way with Scottish football not being attractive to investors. Until that changes then it's pointless having 'Rae Out' campaigns as at least we still have a club and know he's not a Hugh Scott character. Admittedly it's not a lot to cling on to when we're stuck at the bottom of the league and looking at relegation but there clearly isn't an alternative out there.

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Belter, must have took you ages to come up with that one. Probably about as long as it did to come up with "window licker" as an insult.

Anyway: vikingTon has actually hit the nail on the head in this thread. We don't necessarily need a new buyer, we just need the incumbent owner to catch a grip and instill a board of directors with the vision and intelligence to take the club forward. I suppose there's as much chance of Jonathan Page winning a tackle though.

I'm not sure there has been a lot of changes off the park in the last year, not least with the youth academy, which Rae never backed before so there is obviously someone there who's got a positive influence.

Guest Andy Brady

Rae is taking the club to the 3rd division.

If Livingston could get a new owner in the 3rd we can in the 1st/2nd division.

He's had interest in the past. He needs to put it up for sale.

He is 82 years old so when he dies Morton must be destine to die with him? Catch a grip. He's doing more dmage than good and his reign at cappielow is up there as one of the worst. He is no hero!

OUT OUT OUT

Belter, must have took you ages to come up with that one. Probably about as long as it did to come up with "window licker" as an insult.

Anyway: vikingTon has actually hit the nail on the head in this thread. We don't necessarily need a new buyer, we just need the incumbent owner to catch a grip and instill a board of directors with the vision and intelligence to take the club forward. I suppose there's as much chance of Jonathan Page winning a tackle though.

Not quite as slow as your original, unforgettable err...uhm...ahh...gem.

Anyway, I'm sick to death of reading get rid of the Rae's. What's the alternative? bluebirdbigot abuses everyone but comes up with no solutions. In saying that so does everyone else calling for the Rae's head. Either put up or shut up!

Guest Andy Brady

Well you seem to be one of the most vocal on a change of ownership on here so if you're not happy then do something about it.

The fact here is that despite Rae's obvious poor stewardship of the club at times there has been no interest from anyone else wanting to take over and it is likely to remain that way with Scottish football not being attractive to investors. Until that changes then it's pointless having 'Rae Out' campaigns as at least we still have a club and know he's not a Hugh Scott character. Admittedly it's not a lot to cling on to when we're stuck at the bottom of the league and looking at relegation but there clearly isn't an alternative out there.

You don't know that.

How can you say that when he aint put it up for sale

Guest Andy Brady

Not quite as slow as your original, unforgettable err...uhm...ahh...gem.

Anyway, I'm sick to death of reading get rid of the Rae's. What's the alternative? bluebirdbigot abuses everyone but comes up with no solutions. In saying that so does everyone else calling for the Rae's head. Either put up or shut up!

Why don't you just fuck off with Rae!

I'm not sure there has been a lot of changes off the park in the last year, not least with the youth academy, which Rae never backed before so there is obviously someone there who's got a positive influence.

True, but it's early days with that. I don't think new schemes on a whim or on the advice of a mystery person are really enough though. There's small positives there, I suppose, but when all the power rests with a man with no obvious clue about running a football club, it's hard to see any real future for the club. If Rae really cares about the club, as in cares about it more than his own legacy and hero status, then he HAS to get a handle on things now and put in place a proper board with people who know that they're doing, and has to give them the power to do their jobs.

AWMSC

Rae is taking the club to the 3rd division.

If Livingston could get a new owner in the 3rd we can in the 1st/2nd division.

He's had interest in the past. He needs to put it up for sale.

He is 82 years old so when he dies Morton must be destine to die with him? Catch a grip. He's doing more dmage than good and his reign at cappielow is up there as one of the worst. He is no hero!

OUT OUT OUT

Why doesn't anyone who has an interest in buying the club just come out in public and say so?

If Dougie comes straight out and says it's not for sale then perhaps you could have a gripe.

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

You don't know that.

How can you say that when he aint put it up for sale

I just don't think putting it up for sale is the right thing to do and would just lead to more unrest.

To the guy who mentioned Livingston - they have a purpose built stadium with additional income and should be easier to run at a profit.

What links both of these points is that Morton are a pretty unattractive club for any outsiders to buy so the options are really limited. We would be looking at someone local or with an interest in Morton but there isn't many out there if any with the funds available. Putting it up for sale and having no buyers would be a pretty dangerous thing to do and cause a lot more bother than it's worth.

Guest Andy Brady

But we cant say there is no interest if we aint saying "we will listen to offers"

What income will Livingston make? The Challenge cup final?

We had Celtic youth and Scotland youth ply at cappielow so that's extra income.

Rae has made comments that he wouldn't sell the club so likely he has put people off. Dundee, Livingston etc have all have new buyers in recent years. Dougies time is up!

Guest Andy Brady

They sold the night club off when they got bought over s part of funding did they not then called it the powerstation or some shite like that?

Rae out and Alan Partridge in as Chairman. Radio Cappielow from the stadium!

Erm no, there is absolutely no reason why Morton couldn't install an accountable board, without any individual taking overall control. Which clearly does not involve random fans as your idiotic post suggested, but the same influential community members and businessmen that constituted the 1990s board. Is there an obvious reason as to why Greenock couldn't forge a similar basic coalition 20 years on?

Sack the board, bring back proper accountability. No-one is buying the same old Hugh Scott bogeyman - get over it.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Erm no, there is absolutely no reason why Morton couldn't install an accountable board, without any individual taking overall control. Which clearly does not involve random fans as your idiotic post suggested, but the same influential community members and businessmen that constituted the 1990s board. Is there an obvious reason as to why Greenock couldn't forge a similar basic coalition 20 years on?

Sack the board, bring back proper accountability. No-one is buying the same old Hugh Scott bogeyman - get over it.

The 90s board was as bad, if not worse than this one with protests outside the stand every other week towards the end of them being in charge.

There is no denying we need a better setup but we're not going to see the majority shareholder go anywhere soon so again 'Rae Out' is a pointless argument.

Guest Andy Brady

The 90s board was as bad, if not worse than this one with protests outside the stand every other week towards the end of them being in charge.

There is no denying we need a better setup but we're not going to see the majority shareholder go anywhere soon so again 'Rae Out' is a pointless argument.

The 90's board was John Wilson with 88% of shares. Just like Rae has...they are like for like though Wilson had a class youth set up which generated Millions of pounds

The 90's board was John Wilson with 88% of shares. Just like Rae has...they are like for like though Wilson had a class youth set up which generated Millions of pounds

That's my point though - people wanted Wilson out and there was no one there apart from Scott. When he left there wasn't really anyone there to pick up the scraps apart from Rae (and the save the ton type stuff) so where would we go if Rae left?

Guest Andy Brady

Rae wanted to buy Morton from Wilson. Problem is, they don't get on and he didn't want to sell. It ws dougie who brought Cormack and the Finns in.

Plan was Cormack to replace McGrw under Rae's ledership. Wilson rejected selling to Rae, Cormack walked, Finns left and you know the rest.

What are we going to do when Rae wants to sell? People keep suggesting there is no one and it really annoys me. When Douglas decides enough is enough what happens?

Why do you keep going on about the asking price? The only fee that matters is the one another club is prepared to pay.

No club offered £80k and Tidser wanted to go. We got offered £50k and it was accepted.

We were offered Â£50k in instalments, rejected it, then before Rotherham could come back with another bid Rae stated in public that he would accept Â£50k up front. It's possible Rotherham wouldn't have offered more in the end, but we never had a chance to find out due to Rae's shambolically incompetent approach to the negotiations.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived