Rae Must Go - Page 42 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Rae Must Go

BluebirdTon

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the comparisons with other grounds: Are the water costs etc significantly higher at other grounds? I honestly don't know. I know they are considerable here, but I couldn't say how they compare elsewhere.

On specific costs and hires: that would really need to be addressed at an AGM. Maybe something that the Supproters' Trust (or any other interested shareholder) can seek clarification about. That shouldn't be a problem (well, hires might be as that might be deemed to be commercially sensitive) as costs have been spelled out at previous AGMs.

So we've already addressed that policing costs are very easily subsided and you don't know the water costs or how they compare to other clubs. How much are the 'rates' for Cappielow? If pitch maintenance costs are higher than other clubs that have grass pitches then there's only Crawford who's responsible for that as stadium director and there are 20-odd other senior clubs in Scotland who have grass pitches with no surrounding suitable corporate facilities. 

I'm struggling to see any hard evidence to support your claim about Cappielow being more expensive to run than other grounds in Scotland. And that's before we dissect the fact that little to no effort being made to change these costs. 

26/4/18

A Decade of Wakeism.

Fancy reposting that reply. I seem to have missed it.

Not really - feel free to look up my content though if you're that bothered about it. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Fancy reposting that reply. I seem to have missed it.

I wouldn't hold your breath Mr Husband. I have politely asked VT who the "Others" were who he claimed wanted/tried to buy the club WHEN the current owner bought it, on various occasions. Not yet to received an answer. VT has pointed out (correctly) that two offers were made to the current owners since they purchased the club (details of both parties provided by the current owner)  but as yet, he has been unable or unwilling to provide names of the other parties who were interested at the time the current owner put up the money.

I am not blindly following the current owner,  I would just like to know who these "others" were - you never know, if they existed they may have done a job for us? They may still be interested? Somehow I doubt it, but I would love to hear who they were.         

Duty Now For The Future !

So we've already addressed that policing costs are very easily subsided

HAVE WE?

and you don't know the water costs

YES I DO.

or how they compare to other clubs.

NO, I DON'T, AND HAVEN'T CLAIMED TO.

How much are the 'rates' for Cappielow?

THAT'S REALLY A QUESTION FOR THE CLUB TO ANSWER AS IT IS BETWEEN THEM AND THE LOCAL AUTHORITY.

If pitch maintenance costs are higher than other clubs

I DON'T KNOW THAT THEY ARE. ARE THEY?

that have grass pitches then there's only Crawford who's responsible for that as stadium director and there are 20-odd other senior clubs in Scotland who have grass pitches with no surrounding suitable corporate facilities.

MAYBE, MAYBE NOT. CAPPIELOW SEEMS TO BE RECOGNISED AS BEING A PARTICULARLY GOOD GRASS PITCH, AND THAT OBVIOUSLY IS THE RESULT OF INVESTMENT IN PERSONNEL AND EQUIPMENT/SUPPORT, SO IT MIGHT WELL BE MONEY WELL SPENT.

I'm struggling to see any hard evidence to support your claim about Cappielow being more expensive to run than other grounds in Scotland.

I DON'T THINK I'VE EVER CLAIMED THAT, HAVE I?

And that's before we dissect the fact that little to no effort being made to change these costs.

DON'T THINK THAT'S TRUE - RENT OF PITCH TO CELTIC, SFA, AND USE OF CAPPIELOW BY THE COMMUNITY TRUST ARE JUST THREE WAYS BY WHICH THE USE OF CAPPIELOW IS BEING USED IN SUCH A WAY AS TO OFF SET SOME OF THAT FIXED COST.

So we've already addressed that policing costs are very easily subsided

HAVE WE?

and you don't know the water costs

YES I DO.

or how they compare to other clubs.

NO, I DON'T, AND HAVEN'T CLAIMED TO.

How much are the 'rates' for Cappielow?

THAT'S REALLY A QUESTION FOR THE CLUB TO ANSWER AS IT IS BETWEEN THEM AND THE LOCAL AUTHORITY.

If pitch maintenance costs are higher than other clubs

I DON'T KNOW THAT THEY ARE. ARE THEY?

that have grass pitches then there's only Crawford who's responsible for that as stadium director and there are 20-odd other senior clubs in Scotland who have grass pitches with no surrounding suitable corporate facilities.

MAYBE, MAYBE NOT. CAPPIELOW SEEMS TO BE RECOGNISED AS BEING A PARTICULARLY GOOD GRASS PITCH, AND THAT OBVIOUSLY IS THE RESULT OF INVESTMENT IN PERSONNEL AND EQUIPMENT/SUPPORT, SO IT MIGHT WELL BE MONEY WELL SPENT.

I'm struggling to see any hard evidence to support your claim about Cappielow being more expensive to run than other grounds in Scotland.

I DON'T THINK I'VE EVER CLAIMED THAT, HAVE I?

And that's before we dissect the fact that little to no effort being made to change these costs.

DON'T THINK THAT'S TRUE - RENT OF PITCH TO CELTIC, SFA, AND USE OF CAPPIELOW BY THE COMMUNITY TRUST ARE JUST THREE WAYS BY WHICH THE USE OF CAPPIELOW IS BEING USED IN SUCH A WAY AS TO OFF SET SOME OF THAT FIXED COST.

dem quotes

cmdc rateable values and liability are not confidential matters the information is in the public domain. Cappielow has an RV of £17,000 and the car park an RV of £2,700. Rate poundage is 47.1p. In summary not a 'big' cost and nothing to justify our significant overheads.

As for renting out Cappielow I don't know the figures but a couple of comparisons in case it of interest to anyone. When we were at lovely Alloa getting booted out the Championship I noted the pitch was available for hire at £80/hour.  Hearts let out Tynecastle at this time of year to various groups (normally for youth cup finals). I was told the cost was £1,500. Feedback was the pitch was not great, the changing rooms very tired and they are so skint they were not willing to provide hot water for showers!

Does that help fill any gaps in the debate? :geek:

Excuse me now as I head off to find my anorak.

cmdc rateable values and liability are not confidential matters the information is in the public domain. Cappielow has an RV of £17,000 and the car park an RV of £2,700. Rate poundage is 47.1p. In summary not a 'big' cost and nothing to justify our significant overheads.

As for renting out Cappielow I don't know the figures but a couple of comparisons in case it of interest to anyone. When we were at lovely Alloa getting booted out the Championship I noted the pitch was available for hire at £80/hour. Hearts let out Tynecastle at this time of year to various groups (normally for youth cup finals). I was told the cost was £1,500. Feedback was the pitch was not great, the changing rooms very tired and they are so skint they were not willing to provide hot water for showers!

Does that help fill any gaps in the debate? :geek:

Excuse me now as I head off to find my anorak.

Cheers for that, though my point wasn't that rates are high (or confidential), but that there are a number of costs, including rates, which - taken together - contribute to Cappielow being a bit of a drain on resources.

As opposed presumably to any other giant football ground left largely unused 340 days a year, which happens to be the situation for many, far-better run clubs than Rae's clown-car outfit. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Wow! Between the tens of thousands that must surely be rolling in from the above lucrative contracts, and the club's certainty to sell young players for millions (of pounds, apparently) in ten years' time, who could possibly now state that the Raes don't have a credible plan for turning this club around?

Fucking hell: gullible or what.  :1eye:

Wow! Between the tens of thousands that must surely be rolling in from the above lucrative contracts, and the club's certainty to sell young players for millions (of pounds, apparently) in ten years' time, who could possibly now state that the Raes don't have a credible plan for turning this club around?

****ing hell: gullible or what.  :1eye:

[Harry Redknapp angry face]

It's the equivalent of The Norseman plugging its puggy in, and yet the Trust laughably views this as 'progress'.

Don't you just wish you were as infallible as Vikington?

Both as infallible and as indefatigable.   He takes both to such new levels that we need a new adjective.   Vikington, we salute your indefallatibality.

Look at her riding pillions on Davy’s sea-bike, carrying an apoplectic macaw in a silver hoop. Oh, Morton, let’s go there this winter!  Or learning the Japanese chinchona from that Kobe group, in a dress that looks like a blowtorch rising from one knee, and which should sell big in Texas. Morton, is that real fire? Happy, happy little girl!

I'd settle for you being anything better than a perpetually tear-stained club propagandist, troughing his way towards a seat on the board: that'd be a good start. 

I'd settle for you being anything better than a perpetually tear-stained club propagandist, troughing his way towards a seat on the board: that'd be a good start.

Makes a great cuppa though.

****ing hell: gullible or what.  :1eye:

I used to work beside a guy just like you. He had an opinion on just about everything and a solution for absolutely nothing. He talked a good game though. He went far in the business which only goes to show that bullshit sometimes works, that was until he got found out and pushed to the sidelines. Shouldn't be long now.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Archived