Who Next? - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Who Next?

Scott

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Andy Brady

Rowan Alexander will apply for three 9th time?

Brian Reid is a Dougie Boy?

Hoppy until the end of season?

Mark McGee?

'

Must be more nostalgia acts outvthere dougie will want to explore.

I'd go for John Hughes.

Billy Reid, Jimmy Calderwood and Kenny Shiels are obviously the 'out of work' ideal candidates IMO

However...we all know Dougie sometimes thinks outside the box when appointing managers so what about Marko Rajamaki? He seems to be building up a good reputation in Finland as manager of TPS

I think Hopkins will get a shot, at least as a caretaker for a few matches to see how it goes. I think back to other inexperienced managers given a shot - Archibald, Hartley, Iain Murray and they don't seem to have done too badly. Hopkin has excellent playing credentials and has played at a high level - Chelsea, Palace, Leeds and has 7 caps. He also has his coaching badges and has not done well with the development squad.

Against that, maybe an experienced man is needed to dig us out a hole. Ther are plenty of examples of experienced guys taking charge and failing also. MacPherson at Queens springs to mind.

No matter who we get, it's a throw of the dice with no guarantees

I think Hopkins will get a shot, at least as a caretaker for a few matches to see how it goes. I think back to other inexperienced managers given a shot - Archibald, Hartley, Iain Murray and they don't seem to have done too badly. Hopkin has excellent playing credentials and has played at a high level - Chelsea, Palace, Leeds and has 7 caps. He also has his coaching badges and has not done well with the development squad.

Against that, maybe an experienced man is needed to dig us out a hole. Ther are plenty of examples of experienced guys taking charge and failing also. MacPherson at Queens springs to mind.

No matter who we get, it's a throw of the dice with no guarantees

I think Hopkins

Really Nick?

I don't want to come all across all Thornton, but you've been watching Morton for a few years more than me... his name is Hopkin.

I thought someone with your connection to the club would know something as obvious as that?

Really Nick?

I don't want to come all across all Thornton, but you've been watching Morton for a few years more than me... his name is Hopkin.

I thought someone with your connection to the club would know something as obvious as that?

I think he means this one. Put some bite into the team. 

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Am I missing something?

Why the f**k would Billy Reid leave the team who are top of the league and manage the team who are bottom?

And I wouldn't even give Ro' a bucket and mop job at Cappielow.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Am I missing something?

Why the f**k would Billy Reid leave the team who are top of the league and manage the team who are bottom?

And I wouldn't even give Ro' a bucket and mop job at Cappielow.

Are you taking the piss? Reid hasn't been manager at Hamilton for ages...

Are you taking the piss? Reid hasn't been manager at Hamilton for ages...

Shows you how much I'm out of touch. Thought he was still there.

Can't be arsed editing the post. Feel free to point and laugh or whatever.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Really Nick?

I am putting it down to my ipad.  I am well aware its Hopkin and you will note I get it right in my second sentence!

Archived